DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I got from Heroes and Fantasies a direct DC retailer I called them up and since they give you All Sales Final warning I contacted them about it and they told me about how they no longer exchange DC merchandise because according to them DC no longer refunds them for exchanges like they used to, they mentioned that only big retailer stores do but mind you the toy store I got it from is the biggest comic book store in town. I sent the email but i feel hopeless nothing will get done.

If you get a response from the retailers passing responsibility to DC Collectibles, forward that reply directly to DCC. Make sure you tell them you've also spoken with the retailer but according to them, DCC offers no exchanges to retailers on defective product.

The next step is the Better Business Bureau.

I actually wonder how people handle this figures... I never had a single problem or breakage with any figure and I have almost 30 of them.. I mean, we know this things are fragile, be careful! :D (shell dives are not in this category of course). One of the first "rules" in the action figure world for me is "know what you buy". If I know something is very fragile I handle it like is made of glass xDDDD

Agreed.

After seeing how some YouTubers manhandle the product right out of the package as if they were 5-year-olds with a sugar high on Christmas morning, I can see why a manufacturer might say "Enough is enough."

The trick is to prove that the product was faulty as a result of the manufacturer. Otherwise it was damaged in handling by the retailer, in shipping by the carrier, or in opening by the consumer.

Do the other lines from DCC have QC issues?

It depends on how you define Quality Control.

I'd argue that the materials used in the manufacture of the products – specifically the brittle plastic they had used in previous joints – contributed to broken appendages across their action figure lines. Apparently DCC agrees or they wouldn't have had a VP personally addressing the issue by sending out replacements with handwritten notes.

Back in the DC Direct days, I recall an issue with stickers replacing tampo printing on Kingdom Come figures, stickers that just looked horrible even when they were properly applied. DCD offered up a wave of apology figures but I don't remember them ever replacing the previous figures outright. I do seem to recall them offering a discount though.

Then there's the ever-present scale issue. I don't know what it is but DCD/DCC has always seemed to struggle with scale, even within one line. DCD started as a 6-inch line but gradually and unintentionally grew to a 6.5-inch line with some figures pushing the 7- or even 8-inch marks. (TDKR Batman and Ed McGuiness Hawkman; I'm looking at you.) But again, DC is more likely to dismiss it or explain it away than admit they screwed up. The first Icons Batman, for example, is far too short to be Bruce Wayne so they claimed it's actually Dîck Grayson.

Manufacturers are far more concerned with objective quality control (materials, packaging, even paint to a degree) but when it comes to more subjective issues like colors or articulation or scale, it's usually not worth it to offer apology figures.

God, yes. Where to even begin lol... Out of the lines from more recent years (New 52, Designer Series, Icons, Arkham) Designer Series definitely had the most issues for me. Every line from DCC seems to have figures with one gimpy leg, making it so you have to pose them widespread, provided the articulation is even decent enough to allow it. All of my Designer Series figs have legs/ankle joints that have gotten so loose in so little time that none will stand without waist grabbers. I got rid of almost all of my Designer figs because they won't stand/have ****** articulation. Even the few I have left fall over. The Designer figs especially have had a lot of "stuck" points of articulation, or gaps between connecting pieces (ex. huge gap at thigh swivel).

Icons have some of the sloppier paint, occasional stuck joints and more breakage than any of the others in my experience. Not to mention the scale change. Another line I've almost completely sold off. Arkham and New 52 have some similar issues, on a lesser scale, but they're still present. I also recently got the Bombshells wave 1 off of a buddy who bought them impulsively and wanted to unload them on me lol. In my opinion the Bombshells are the best figures DCC has made yet, but still with issues. Stuck midsection joints, seemingly squishy plastic on smaller appendage joints (elbows and bicep especially), and for Harley the way they molded the pigtails in soft plastic and barely attached, they could rip off just by re-positioning the head. They look damn good though lol. Between the QC, cancellations, price hikes and gimmicky tactics, fewer articulation points and accessories for some lines, scale changes, cutting single releases (animated only so far), plus replacements being a thing of the past, DCC has become meh...:horse

I had problems with Icons.. My Harley have now loose legs because the croch area snapped in two just moving the leg in a kick pose... -.-"
As Phantasm said is a line full of problems xDD I just have Harley and I had Catwoman in pre order but I'm pretty sure she was cancelled... -.-"""""

Cool! Cheers guys for your answers!

This place is deader than a modern shopping mall.

There's nothing left to talk about here haha. I've yet to change my setup any. Still no word on the Superman pack or Batgirl. I feel like I haven't bought an animated fig in a year lol. Hopefully there will be some cool things to see at comic con in two months... and by cool things, I mean that stupid box being scrapped once and for all muahaha :panic::blissy

I think DCCollectibles in general is having problems keeping the lights on. I doubt anything new is being worked on at all? Seems like they are just trying to limit losses at this point....

There's nothing left to talk about here haha. I've yet to change my setup any. Still no word on the Superman pack or Batgirl. I feel like I haven't bought an animated fig in a year lol. Hopefully there will be some cool things to see at comic con in two months... and by cool things, I mean that stupid box being scrapped once and for all muahaha :panic::blissy

Yeah I know. It's like all enthusiasm has been lost. I remember when everyone was dropping wish lists left and right lol. I kept thinking don't set your hopes too high folks :/ I've seen this all happen several times before. I'll be satisfied with just a few more key characters. It just seems like that's the best we can hope for.

I think DCCollectibles in general is having problems keeping the lights on. I doubt anything new is being worked on at all? Seems like they are just trying to limit losses at this point....

Are we talking about DCC or my reference to the dying malls/retail stores? lol
Sadly seems it covers both.

DCC had better be planning a "Rebirth" of their own at SDCC this year.

I think there could be a resurgence for DCC if the new movies are actually any good. Remember DCC depends on DC's cashflow, and right now it ain't doing that well...

Batman v Superman, did well in the box office, but killed the buzz for new products to be derived from the property.
Suicide Squad put a lid on the coffin. Products are just not flying off the shelves. People might have payed the ticket, but didn't really like the movies.

Now all their money is on Justice League and Wonder Woman... So, I can speculate we will at least get to complete the BTAS line with Scarecrow and Two Face before it is discontinued if the movies flop. If either movie is a success, expect a few more BTAS and TNBA. If both are successful, expect a strong STAS and JLU assortment in Bruce Timm style.

Yeah I know. It's like all enthusiasm has been lost. I remember when everyone was dropping wish lists left and right lol. I kept thinking don't set your hopes too high folks :/ I've seen this all happen several times before. I'll be satisfied with just a few more key characters. It just seems like that's the best we can hope for.

Yea, I feel you man. I was one of those people with an extensive list of c listers I wanted to see. With single cards being a thing of the past though, I've lost most of my enthusiasm for it as well. Now I'm just interested in getting the rest of the mains from BTAS and being done. Would still love some Justice League figs, but I'm not holding my breath. Not going to be messing with much from DCC in the future, unless they ended up moving to JL/JLU, because I wouldn't be able to resist. Would still love to see the main 7, Huntress, Canary & Star Sapphire though ;)

My final wishlist for Batman the Animated Series . . .

Scarecrow, Two Face, and Clock King.

I really wanted Rupert Thorne and Kyodai Ken but . . . . i guess the two they would definitely figure out some way to make before it's all over is Two face and Scarecrow.

Yea, I feel you man. I was one of those people with an extensive list of c listers I wanted to see. With single cards being a thing of the past though, I've lost most of my enthusiasm for it as well. Now I'm just interested in getting the rest of the mains from BTAS and being done. Would still love some Justice League figs, but I'm not holding my breath. Not going to be messing with much from DCC in the future, unless they ended up moving to JL/JLU, because I wouldn't be able to resist. Would still love to see the main 7, Huntress, Canary & Star Sapphire though ;)

Always so many characters I would like to see. I certainly wouldn't have minded Dagget or Thorne or Hugo Strange but I always questioned how well they would sell overall and I always seriously wondered if DCC would take the chance. I didn't want them to make them at the risk of killing off the line at least before figures like Two-Face and Scarcrow were made. Still I'd certainly like to see them all but DDC seems to be struggling with their goods in general. So let's keep our fingers crossed. Besides they did take a huge risk with that Batcave set so they must have some faith themselves lol.

Certainly nothing wrong with wishlist. It's always nice to dream about what could be. I still think about what I would have liked to see from the original Masters of the Universe, Kenner Super Powers, and the 1982 G.I. Joe lines. I try to keep it real in my mind about what a company likely will or likely won't make so I don't get too disappointed when something doesn't happen. It's the coolest thing though when you do see one of your dream figures get made.

I blame the lack of traffic in here due to the fact that nothing has come out in what feels like ages!

The dry spells with this line have not helped its popularity that is for sure. We will go from nothing to the jail multipack and Batcave in a short span of time which is not a great way to keep people buying. The line should have had a figure or two out every month to keep it turning over. Better to have a trickle than a flash flood at the end of every year.

I like most am turned off by the idea of no more single figure releases. The fear that must buys like Two Face will be in a expensive pack with other non essential purchases is enough to turn away many on the fence collectors

It's not the end of single figures, though. Batgirl is only the end of singles for this year. I posted that video interview from NYTF where Jim said that but no one seemed to notice. I know it's not official since he and Kevin weren't even saying the same thing about the Batcave backdrop, but it's something.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I blame the lack of traffic in here due to the fact that nothing has come out in what feels like ages!

The dry spells with this line have not helped its popularity that is for sure. We will go from nothing to the jail multipack and Batcave in a short span of time which is not a great way to keep people buying. The line should have had a figure or two out every month to keep it turning over. Better to have a trickle than a flash flood at the end of every year.
I like most am turned off by the idea of no more single figure releases. The fear that must buys like Two Face will be in a expensive pack with other non essential purchases is enough to turn away many on the fence collectors

Yes exactly. I think there is something to be said about maintaining a certain amount of momentum. For any line. If you let too much time go between releases I think you risk people losing enthusiasm and looking elsewhere for things to put on their shelves. At least they could maybe trickle out some more details or previews of things to come.

Ya know I think it would be a little different if these were figures that were available at retail stores. Offering the possibility that you might have to hunt for certain figures instead of just purchasing them wave by wave from an E-tailer. When people are hunting I think it helps to maintain their enthusiasm and keep the momentum as long as they eventually find what they are looking for in a reasonable amount of time. Basically it keeps people talking. Keeps people asking each other where they might have spotted certain figures. Now that being said I hate the "thrill of the hunt" myself lol. But it is what it is. Really I'm just saying. It's not something I see happening at least on a grand scale.

It's not the end of single figures, though. Batgirl is only the end if singles for this year. I posted that video interview from NYTF where Jim said that but no one seemed to notice. I know it's not official since he and Kevin weren't even saying the same thing about the Batcave backdrop, but it's something.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Well I don't think we know for certain that there will be any more singles or not after Batgirl. But you are correct, they did say last for THIS YEAR. Not necessarily forever.

Back