DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I think there could be a resurgence for DCC if the new movies are actually any good. Remember DCC depends on DC's cashflow, and right now it ain't doing that well...

Batman v Superman, did well in the box office, but killed the buzz for new products to be derived from the property.
Suicide Squad put a lid on the coffin. Products are just not flying off the shelves. People might have payed the ticket, but didn't really like the movies.

Now all their money is on Justice League and Wonder Woman... So, I can speculate we will at least get to complete the BTAS line with Scarecrow and Two Face before it is discontinued if the movies flop. If either movie is a success, expect a few more BTAS and TNBA. If both are successful, expect a strong STAS and JLU assortment in Bruce Timm style.

I understand your point but I'm pretty sure the movies will suck too. Zack Snyder simply kill the charachters. I'm ok to see the difference between comics and movie but his works are always terrible... BvS is one of the most horrible movie I've ever seen and I'm not gonna waste time and money to go watch Justice Crap since he's the director. And the fact he direct all this movies is just because his wife is the main producer... Hollywood.... ^^"

About the figures I just hope we're gonna see the main character left... I'm very worried about TwoFace, DCC's opinion about do a BTAS version never was positive...

Is that Joker expressions pack still happening? It's a bit worrying how we haven't seen a preorder yet.

I, for one, am not worried about this line. Not at all.
They announced 7 figures at the NYTF plus the Batcave, all for this year. That is A LOT of figures. And they also announced the new version of Joker for 2018, which is the first time they've done such a thing and, the way I see it, an indicator of their desire to keep the line going into 2018.

I cannot judge why people were "not" commenting here, but I can say that I, like buddy phantasm here, wasn't simply because I don't have anything new to say. Lol All that I had to say about this year and 2018's releases I've already said during and after the NYTF. LMAO

I wish they would release that "classic" solicits list with the images of the figures with accessories, and also updated imagines of Ivy and the GCPD box.

Also, if the line was to abrutably end, they would definitely release at least the final key BTAS figs, Two-Face and Scarecrow, and a couple more TNBA figs like Penguin and Mad Hatter to finish it. And, IMO, they would have hinted at its end, which they haven't.

Anyway, Batgirl and SDCC are almost here!!

I see no indication that the line is ending. All is see are efforts to keep it going.

Some characters are simply more popular than others. A single-carded Clock King will never sell as many units as a single-carded Batgirl in 2017 or the foreseeable future. It's much better to offer Batgirl by herself and offer Clock King as part of a set with other, more popular characters.

As for the lull in discussion here, I'd get used to it. The fewer SKUs there are to discuss, the less there is to talk about.

and a couple more TNBA figs like Penguin and Mad Hatter to finish it. And, IMO, they would have hinted at its end, which they haven't.

Yes, Mad Hatter, I so need him! I talked Kevin about him and he told me Hatter is not in plans for now so I hope we can get him next year!

Is that Joker expressions pack still happening? It's a bit worrying how we haven't seen a preorder yet.

I wouldn't worry about the Expressions Joker just yet. They gave us a super early preview of him- we won't see him go up until August or October. DCC's practice is to put a pre-order up 6 months before it's released. If he comes out in March of 2018, then he won't go up until September of 2017. However, DCC also likes to do releases every other month. Either, he'll arrive a month early in February and go up for order in August, or he'll arrive a month late in April and go up in October.

Also, based on the every other month, we're due for another pre-order next month. Could this be the rumored JL 7 pack?
Something else to keep in mind, their solicit previews usually go up on the second to last Monday of the month, so we could see something new next week. (I don't have any insider knowledge, that's just based on their previous track record)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Is there a checklist for this line that has all the figures in order of the numbers printed on the box?

01. Batman (TNBA)
02. Two-Face (TNBA)
03. Mr. Freeze (TNBA)
04. Catwoman (BTAS)
05. Joker (BTAS)
06. Robin (BTAS)
07. Man-Bat (BTAS)
08. Poison Ivy (TNBA)
09. Killer Croc and Baby Doll (TNBA)
10. Robin (TNBA)
11. Creeper (TNBA)
12. Harley Quinn (BTAS)
13. Batman (BTAS)
14. The Riddler (BTAS)
15. Peguin (BTAS)
16. Batgirl (TNBA)
17. Roxy Rocket (TNBA)
18. Nightwing (TNBA)
19. Bane (TNBA)
20. Scarecrow (TNBA)
21. Jervis Tetch Madhatter (BTAS)
22. Mask of the Phantasm (BTAS) (2-Pack)
23. Commissioner Gordon (BTAS)
24. Ra's Al Ghul (BTAS)
25. Zatanna (BTAS)
26. Etrigan and Klarion (TNBA) (2-pack)
27. Harley Quinn (TNBA)
28. Firefly (TNBA)
29. Anti- Fire Suit Batman (TNBA)
30. Clayface
31. Harvey Bullock
32. Ventriloquist
33. Talia Al Ghul
34. Joker (TNBA)
35. “Girl’s Night Out” 5-pack
36. “Legend of the Dark Knight” 3-pack
37. Holiday Joker
38. Bruce Wayne, Terry Mcguiness, Ace Batman Beyond 3-pack
39. Catwoman (TNBA)
40. Riddler (TNBA)
41. Batgirl (BTAS)

01. Batman Expressions Pack

XX. "Mad Love" 2-Pack
XX. Holiday Joker
XX. Batsignal with Batman & Robin
XX. Deluxe Batmobile with Batman & Robin

No problem. The question comes up so often we could probably dedicate a thread to it. :lol

Also, it doesn't include the upcoming GCPD 5-pack, Batcave with Alfred, or next year's Joker Expressions Pack (which I'm assuming would be numbered 02).

I really hope the single packs continue, even if it's not as often.

Batgirl finally has a date

as.jpg

I wished they'd have used the classic BTAS style again :(
What did they do with Nightwing's eyes? Oô

Harley's voice is all nasally and reminds me of Miranda Sings. I don't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up here, I'm going to be attending SDCC again this year and I'm planning on posting and livestreaming what I see at the sideshow and DC booths on my instagram @gaunted
I should be able to do that on Preview Night but I've never been there on preview night before so we'll see.

Harley's voice is all nasally and reminds me of Miranda Sings. I don't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it better than what we got with Tara Strong in the Arkham games. Doesn't feel so forced.

Batgirl finally has a date

View attachment 343954

No date for the Superman and Lois set?

Just a heads up here, I'm going to be attending SDCC again this year and I'm planning on posting and livestreaming what I see at the sideshow and DC booths on my instagram @gaunted
I should be able to do that on Preview Night but I've never been there on preview night before so we'll see.

Cool :)
Good luck!

Back