DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I would rather have the golden age sprang styled Batman and Robin.....that said this looks a fun set and yes I can se myself picking it up :)

I am getting it -- but likely won't be opening/displaying ot until the Sprang one materialises. It currently feels like only half a set.

Had to look the episode up since I didn't remember that segment. But a Batman, Robin & Joker Sprang pack as well should be a given to the fans of this episode. I could've swore there was a segment where Batman was a flying creature; but I guess that was just something mentioned by one of the kids.

Had to look the episode up since I didn't remember that segment. But a Batman, Robin & Joker Sprang pack as well should be a given to the fans of this episode. I could've swore there was a segment where Batman was a flying creature; but I guess that was just something mentioned by one of the kids.

Hmm..haven't seen it ages, but yeah that might have been in the dialogue?

So is anyone getting the Legends of the Dark Knight 3-pack this week? Just wondering if anyone is a fan of that animated style Frank Miller Batman.

Yep, pretty much one of my dream wants since the line started. Would also love some Mutants. I think the colors of the pack are too vibrant though, should be more muted.

Yep, pretty much one of my dream wants since the line started. Would also love some Mutants. I think the colors of the pack are too vibrant though, should be more muted.
What about that buffed up huge topless woman with the swastika pasty's.....oh and the Joker of course. Those 2 plus one of the mutants would make a great companion piece to this set. Too bad those characters only appeared in the full length animated movie and not the show. Still DC Collectibles should make some from that one (just not in there Batman animated series line). And don't forget old hobo lady Batman.

Like everyone here my preference would be BTAS, but I like TNBA too so I'm excited about this. Sure, it looks like the same cheap animation they've been using for all their recent animated movies, but it is what it is.

Speaking of which, and this may perhaps just be my personal thoughts: why do post-2000 animated DC Feature Films feel so different from an animation standpoint? No matter how great the stories and the voice acting is, I don't find the animation and the overall look as "rich" and alive as it used to be. Even with a prestigious film such as "The Killing Joke". The art is cleaner, yes, but maybe it has something to do with it no longer being photographed like analogue cartoons were back in the 90's? The movements of characters is great during fight scenes, but seems more static during other scenes. Any idea why?

Like everyone here my preference would be BTAS, but I like TNBA too so I'm excited about this. Sure, it looks like the same cheap animation they've been using for all their recent animated movies, but it is what it is. I'm just happy to see the Timmiverse back again! :D

Everyone? Hmmm

What about that buffed up huge topless woman with the swastika pasty's.....oh and the Joker of course. Those 2 plus one of the mutants would make a great companion piece to this set. Too bad those characters only appeared in the full length animated movie and not the show. Still DC Collectibles should make some from that one (just not in there Batman animated series line). And don't forget old hobo lady Batman.

Ohhhhh don't get me started. I hate that DCC didn't even make a one-off maquette or statue for the DKR movie. But yeah, didn't mention those since they werent in the episode.

I don't think anyone has a problem with "moving forward", as long as the new is something that looks better, as it's supposed to be. But that was not the case with the revamped style introduced in TNBA, at least not what the majority thinks.

Common sense is that TNBA looks inferior. This time, I'm talking about style, rather than animation. Simplistic, too streamlined, characters look lifeless, girls in particular all look the same. Yeah, I finally found the word to describe TNBA: lifeless. I know it's a cartoon, but such design is far from being a good representation of the human body, as BTAS was. You compare each version of a character and it's clear that the BTAS version looks more human.
It's all subjective, and one can obviously prefer the less-human version. All fine. But I, personally, have always prefered cartoons that represent real life better. And, as per the common sense, that's what the majority prefers too.

It was once brought up here the following question: "what if TNBA had come before BTAS?". Well, I think I can answer that on behalf of the majority: it's not a matter of which came first, it's not a matter of nostalgia. It's a matter of what looks better. If BTAS had come after TNBA, the feeling would still be the same: "wow, BTAS looks so much better in style. Look at the characters, so full of life". But a new feeling would have arisen: "what a improvement in style".

That's an awful lot to glean from exactly one frame of footage. I think that's bias talking. ;)

Everything about this is subjective, even the assertion that a majority prefer one over the other. While I like both styles I found TNBA more consistent but that's not saying a lot.

I do have high hopes for the upcoming project. Nice to see Nightwing has ditched the mullet if not the fast food habit that's promoted on Teen Titans Go!

Completely wrong. It is an opinion and somthing of personal taste. Common sense has nothing to do with it. Dude do not dismiss other people's likes in such a way.

What? I was not dismissing people's likes. How come? By "common sense" I meant the majority of people. Isn't that what "common sense" means? As far as I know, it is "a knowledge, judgement, or taste which is more or less universal". And isn't that the case with TNBA? You take a group of, like, 20 people. 12 or more may say TNBA looks inferior in style. Subjective, of course, but that would be a "common sense", wouldn't it? :dunno

I didn't say it was wrong to like it, I didn't point fingers at anyone, I didn't condemn anyone for liking it. That would be wrong and rude.
Did you read my post in its entirety?

If I said "common sense says Batman & Robin is inferior to other Batman films", would you say I was "dismissing people's likes"? Or would you agree it's a common sense"?
Like I've always thought the majority of fans (common sense) agree B&R is inferior, I've always thought the majority agrees TNBA is inferior. Just that. :dunno
But if both cases are not common senses, I'm sorry I was wrong.

What? I was not dismissing people's likes. How come? By "common sense" I meant the majority of people. Isn't that what "common sense" means? As far as I know, it is "a knowledge, judgement, or taste which is more or less universal". And isn't that the case with TNBA? You take a group of, like, 20 people. 12 or more may say TNBA looks inferior in style. Subjective, of course, but that would be a "common sense", wouldn't it? :dunno

I didn't say it was wrong to like it, I didn't point fingers at anyone, I didn't condemn anyone for liking it. That would be wrong and rude.

If I said "common sense says Batman & Robin is inferior to other Batman films", would you say I was "dismissing people's likes"? Or would you agree it's a common sense"?
Like I've always thought the majority of fans (common sense) agree B&R is inferior, I've always thought the majority agrees TNBA is inferior. Just that. :dunno

The word you're looking for is "consensus," for the future. Nobody needs to get pissed off at each other here.

Is there some poll out there, even a rough one and maybe on this board that backs that up? That claim of yours sounds pretty authoritative though anyone can make similar sounding statements because "reality" might look that way to them without having any reasonable back-up for it.

BTAS this, TNBA there, these designs, the other designs... let´s kill bruce timm, it´s all his fault!! :rotfl Nah, joking ;) Although I like TNBA a little more than BTAS, shame he made the changes in the last four season, this revamp would have been better for JL. Ok, many Gotham characters didn´t appear there but still all the classic designs should have remained the same for the whole BTAS.

Regardless of how you feel about TNBA designs we're lucky they did for continuities sake. Especially if dcc moves forward with the other properties in the DCAU like JLU. Even tho most bat characters didn't appear at least the figures will all display nicely together since they all have the same design style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So by your logic, Peanuts is inferior to Calvin and Hobbes, or Mickey Mouse is inferior to Bugs Bunny. You don't like the style of TNBA. You think that TNBA is inferior. That is just your opinion and not common sense. I like both styles on their own merits. BTAS is my personal choice, but as an artist, I would never say TNBA is inferior. They are just different styles. And, the main reason I like the BTAS better, isn't the style, it's the character designs.

Back