DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

tenor.gif

Chill guys, WGD accidentally used "common sense" instead of "general consensus". Personally I enjoy both. Watching Bruce grow colder as time went by was one of my favorite things about the DCAU

Hopefully we get some news this weekend from DC's panel.
cbdad02418399e21dc11a0c9313192cc.jpg

My favorites of TNBA redesigns are Scarecrow and Bane. Scarecrow is crazy spooky... love his design.
Those two really look good. Hatter has a good design too!

And Penguin was much better. I always hated the Devito-esque design from BTAS.

Actually, Joker's lack of red lips is the only redesign I didn't really like. And maybe Nightwing's long hair -- sort of dates it a bit. Like Jimmy Olsen's in STAS. Never understood that choice.

Speaking of which, and this may perhaps just be my personal thoughts: why do post-2000 animated DC Feature Films feel so different from an animation standpoint? No matter how great the stories and the voice acting is, I don't find the animation and the overall look as "rich" and alive as it used to be. Even with a prestigious film such as "The Killing Joke". The art is cleaner, yes, but maybe it has something to do with it no longer being photographed like analogue cartoons were back in the 90's? The movements of characters is great during fight scenes, but seems more static during other scenes. Any idea why?

I'm pretty sure it all has to do with CG. It seems like all animation nowadays (even the ones where you swear is hand drawn) is CGI. You got your Pixar 3D CG cartoons and your fake hand drawn CG cartoons.

I kinda want to say Bruce Timm is responsible for getting rid of the oval-less bat for all these past years. Maybe its coincidence, but it seems like no-one tried it in the comics until he did it for the cartoon. I always loved that he didn't make the pouch belt yellow and instead a light brown/tan.

While I do like the progression of Batman's character, I also think TNBA didn't really explore it enough and focused more on action rather than story. So I can see how he comes off as more robotic and one-note.

I'm pretty sure it all has to do with CG. It seems like all animation nowadays (even the ones where you swear is hand drawn) is CGI. You got your Pixar 3D CG cartoons and your fake hand drawn CG cartoons.

Actually, that's not exactly what I meant. I like CG animation. I like traditional cell animation. I like a merger of both (think Paperman). Different tools to tell stories. But there is something about the previous decade's DC animated features that no longer feels as alive to me. "Strange Days", Bruce Timm's 75th Anniversary short being the exception.

Saw the new CAtwoman and Riddler who were 24.99 at my lcs but....nba Harley is 27.99. Why is she so much more than the other Harley and seemingly every other figure? I asked the clerk there and they gave me some nonsense about Harley being popular due to suicide squad. Sigh, I know that but that has nothing to do with the figure itself. All the other various Harley crap there was 24.99. Did DC hike the price for just one wave and then go back down?

Saw the new CAtwoman and Riddler who were 24.99 at my lcs but....nba Harley is 27.99. Why is she so much more than the other Harley and seemingly every other figure? I asked the clerk there and they gave me some nonsense about Harley being popular due to suicide squad. Sigh, I know that but that has nothing to do with the figure itself. All the other various Harley crap there was 24.99. Did DC hike the price for just one wave and then go back down?

Nope, as he pretty much admitted to you, the store jacked it up because of her 'popularity'. Funny thing is at this point, I feel like the animated Harley might be the least popular iteration at the moment as far as the mainstream is concerned.

There are possibility one day to see finally Clock King? :pregare:
tumblr_o3a565mjH11rkdnjwo1_1280.jpg

The dkr/sprang episode was an influence on one of the parts in gotham knight. Thats where the flying creature batman is from.

What stands do you guys use for these figures? Im not a big fan of the ones they come with

The dkr/sprang episode was an influence on one of the parts in gotham knight. Thats where the flying creature batman is from.

What stands do you guys use for these figures? Im not a big fan of the ones they come with
The ones they come with. I LOVE them. They take the figures to a 'Hot Toys' level. I just don't get at all why anybody wouldn't love them as well. The turnaround artwork on each is a brilliant idea. Now for just a great and affordable generic figure stand/flight stand, I'd recommend the Obitsu clear flight stands. I can't tell you how many times I've ordered these stands. They work perfectly for my marvel legends figures. Even some of the heavier ones, and they're adjustable in height and in clamp size.

There are possibility one day to see finally Clock King? :pregare:

Since they're now going for Multipack releases going forward, this would be a great opportunity to include a Mayor Hill, and a Batman variant (removable belt?) to round out the set.

So it looks like they're making a new animated movie in the Bruce Timm TNBA style called "Batman and Harley Quinn". Awesome news!! :D And no doubt DC Collectibles will jump on this too.

There's not much info, but here's a link to the news source: https://www.toonzone.net/forums/thr...-thread-spoilers.5555551/page-2#post-85176501

View attachment 332143

Everyone complaining about how it looks, im sitting here thinking, "I cant believe theyre going to use tara strong instead of arleen sorkin." Amateurs. :)

Back