DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

cool! we are getting there :) I just wish that bloody head was in scale so I didn't have to do all this! haha

Is it indeed small, as I first pointed out? You see, after you lowered it on the neck, it looked quite in scale with the body. :dunno
Of course photos can deceive you, but I didn't think that was the case.

Also, just out of curiosity, which Batman body are you using in these last photos of the head you sculpted?

Is it indeed small, as I first pointed out? You see, after you lowered it on the neck, it looked quite in scale with the body. :dunno
Of course photos can deceive you, but I didn't think that was the case.

Also, just out of curiosity, which Batman body are you using in these last photos of the head you sculpted?

It looks "fine" as long as you don't display it next to any other character... and it is a standard Batman's body

It looks "fine" as long as you don't display it next to any other character... and it is a standard Batman's body

It looked fine next to Catwoman and a masked Batman, in a photo you posted here. :dunno

lol, I know it's a standard Batman body, just wanted to know which release. The saturation of the colors looks quite different, especially in the yellow areas.

It looked fine next to Catwoman and a masked Batman, in a photo you posted here. :dunno

lol, I know it's a standard Batman body, just wanted to know which release. The saturation of the colors looks quite different, especially in the yellow areas.

I meant standard 1st release Batman (single carted)

hmmm I will try that tonight, do you think the sculpt (head shape) is fine?

I´ll say it has to be more linear and not round and other thing, is batman´s neck kinda big or the custom head should me a little bigger?

"Even though the nose is chipped off/missing and the Chinese factory forgot the white paint for the teeth, I still think the head is superior because jaw."

:lol

Yeah if you got the MOTP head that was unpainted I can see your point. I have one that did have the painted teeth and I think it is better than the one from the expressions pack. The mouth is sculpted differently too. It seems wider in the expressions pack and the lips aren't as pronounced as with the MOTP figure. It's all subjective which one you prefer. I just don't think the expressions pack is really necessary as only a couple heads are usable and most don't sit well on the figure's neck.

Hey guys, so I sculpted a new, bigger head for Bruce Wayne BUT I'm not 100% happy with it, not sure what it is though :/ Can you point out any issues you can see in this? *paint in not final

Yeah if you don't mind the critique, beautiful as always but the forehead needs to be a bit bigger so the hair doesn't look so out of place

I think the chin needs to be sharpened on the bottom and a bit of the sides. Too much of chin is round..looks more like Fred Flintstone

Yeah if you don't mind the critique, beautiful as always but the forehead needs to be a bit bigger so the hair doesn't look so out of place

I think the chin needs to be sharpened on the bottom and a bit of the sides. Too much of chin is round..looks more like Fred Flintstone

hahaha I sooo see it now! Yabba Dabba Doo! ;)

This struggle to sculpt Bruce Wayne's mug reminds me how difficult it is to get Bruce Campbell's likeness just right. For some reason his is another portrait artists have a tough time capturing. Must be the chin.

Hi guys...it is possible put on the expressions pack's heads on the body of btas or motp batman?

Hi guys...it is possible put on the expressions pack's heads on the body of btas or motp batman?

Yeah, but you have to heat up the original and MOTP heads first or else the ball joints will pop off with them.

Boil some water. Stick the regular and/or MOTP Batman figure in at just the head. Keep it in for about 40-60 seconds. Pop it off. Put one of the expression pack heads on.

FYI, most of the heads from the expressions pack "float" above the neck post on all the bodies, including the one it comes with. DCC didn't think the holes and neck posts through. These are the ones that don't stay flush with the cowl/neck

- Talking Batman hovers over the neck
- squint/angry hovers over the neck
- scared Batman hovers over the neck
- battle damaged hovers over the neck
- Bruce Wayne (worst offender)

The only two that look nice on the body is the angry face and the regular head it comes with.

Last edited:

You people with your boiling water. I never used hot water for any of my figures and they are all fine to move.

You people with your boiling water. I never used hot water for any of my figures and they are all fine to move.

tumblr_mlw4887cQE1s00ervo1_500.gif

Go ahead and pop the heads and capes off the original and MOTP figures without heating them first, see what happens.

Go ahead and pop the heads and capes off the original and MOTP figures without heating them first, see what happens.

I switched the capes of Single Card Batman and Deluxe Batmobile Batman. What happened? Nothing!

I switched the capes of Single Card Batman and Deluxe Batmobile Batman. What happened? Nothing!

You didn't scratch up the neck of the cape, exposing the blue plastic underneath? The ball peg didn't pop out into the head? Must have lucked out then because the single card Batman head isn't meant to come off and it certainly isn't easy without heat.

And the MOTP cape is glued to the neck, so.

Has anybody tried putting "scared Batman" in the Batwing, and is the face even visible with the canopy closed?

You didn't scratch up the neck of the cape, exposing the blue plastic underneath? The ball peg didn't pop out into the head? Must have lucked out then because the single card Batman head isn't meant to come off and it certainly isn't easy without heat.

And the MOTP cape is glued to the neck, so.

even if, what does it matter? the joint is not broken and fits on the each other Batman figure too.
and I don't know about MOTP Batman. with the other too at least it works.

Back