DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

A good solution for save space on the shelves are those in-scale "stairs". I use them in the Detolf case but im sure there are different version on Amazon. A lot of them are acrilics. Mine are like these, custom made for that Ikea glass display:
View attachment 321110

Thanks those are really nice. I have used something like that in the past. The problem is though that I don't have:
A. Very deep shelves
B. Very much space height-wise between shelves
C. I keep my BTAS figures in acrylic cases
So the steps aren't really an option lol :slap

31851700824_dfb5898ebc_z.jpg

27832629326_cabd81c385_z.jpg

Just got this message from DCBS Looks like their shipping cost are going up:

Dear DCBS customer,

After careful consideration, DCBS has decided that we need to increase our shipping prices in order to maintain the quality of our shipping. Below you will see a summary of the various reasons why we need to increase our shipping as well as a summary of our new shipping prices which are effective February 3rd.

Reasons we need to increase our shipping prices:

(1) Annual Fedex price increases (frequently 4.9%)
(2) Various USPS price increases, some as high as 10%
(3) A recent 8% increase for boxes
(4) DCBS monthly and twice a month shipping prices haven’t increased since April 2012
(5) DCBS weekly shipping price hasn’t increased since July 2010

DCBS’s new shipping prices:

Monthly shipping increases from $6.95 to $7.50
Twice a month shipping increases from $6.95 to $7.50
Weekly shipping increases from $12.95 to $15.50

The shipping prices that we charge to you are still significantly lower than the average prices we are charged by the shipping companies that we use and are an even bigger value when box and packaging costs are considered. DCBS will continue to use the same high quality boxes and packaging material for your shipments. We hope you understand the need to increase our shipping prices and we are very appreciative of your business!

Sincerely,
The DCBS Team

Oh and the Batman Animated Gcpd Rogues Gallery AF 5 Pack is up at DCBS. $126.50 including standard shipping.

Now, that is a pretty reasonable price :D But I think is still too early to decide that. At the end of the day they told us figures have accessories, right? We still haven't seen those.. what if they're just swappable hands and nothing to hold like TAS Batgirl figure?? I hope at Toy Fair they can explain more about the characters/accessories of this pack, not about the cardboard crap xDDD And I'm pretty courious about Montoya.. Totally don't care about the figure but as someone already noticed in the boxed image she have no hat but in the preview pic she have it xDDD weird because doesn't seem removable!

Thanks those are really nice. I have used something like that in the past. The problem is though that I don't have:
A. Very deep shelves
B. Very much space height-wise between shelves
C. I keep my BTAS figures in acrylic cases
So the steps aren't really an option lol :slap

31851700824_dfb5898ebc_z.jpg

27832629326_cabd81c385_z.jpg

Woah, that is a freakin' great display, congratulation :D
The only solution I see for you if JL series came out is to build a new wall in the room.. :D jk hahaha

No offense for Irene Matar or whatever else but this is the kind of talent DCC should consider to hire for 3d sculpt..

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Wz9z2

gosh, that Croc looks freakin' awesome :D
I've seen much better designs than what we get with this line too but sometimes we have to remember that they can't always make what might work for a statue, bust, or larger scale figure work for smaller figures. Plus sometimes certain details or finer, smaller details of an original drawing of a character have to be omitted due to breakage or safety issues.

I've seen much better designs than what we get with this line too but sometimes we have to remember that they can't always make what might work for a statue, bust, or larger scale figure work for smaller figures. Plus sometimes certain details or finer, smaller details of an original drawing of a character have to be omitted due to breakage or safety issues.

And that is true, but if you look the actual prototype of Croc from DCC you can notice that have even smaller details xD like his tiny pointy teeth xD But I understand what you say, in a larger scale production you have to omit stuff because of the production cost. xDD Maybe at a different price point things would be different.

I hope they let us know at NYTF if the 5pk figs will be released as singles,I only want Bane and Freeze!

And that is true, but if you look the actual prototype of Croc from DCC you can notice that have even smaller details xD like his tiny pointy teeth xD But I understand what you say, in a larger scale production you have to omit stuff because of the production cost. xDD Maybe at a different price point things would be different.
Lol I see you changed your avatar. Didn't recognize you

I know the character doesn't esist in this series timeline, but I'm the only one who would really enjoy a RedHood TAS style figure??
5022174960_a3754d8606.jpg
This damn maquette have crazy prices...But I love that movie (and design). :D Why RedHood figures are so expensive??? xDD

First, love the Super Powers collection. Sometimes I feel like selling off every Hot Toys, Sideshow, whatever figure I have and put it all into a MOC collection.

First, love the Super Powers collection. Sometimes I feel like selling off every Hot Toys, Sideshow, whatever figure I have and put it all into a MOC collection.

If only I had kept them all MOC lol. I can remember walking into Gee Bee about 31 years ago and seeing the entire 3rd series minus Cyborg on the pegs. Out of all the ones I didn't have at the time (Orion, Mr. Miracle, Plastic Man, Shazam, and Tyr) I picked Tyr lol. Had to wait all the way until Christmas to get the other 5 including Cyborg and the Justice Jogger.

I know the character doesn't esist in this series timeline, but I'm the only one who would really enjoy a RedHood TAS style figure??
View attachment 321444
This damn maquette have crazy prices...But I love that movie (and design). :D Why RedHood figures are so expensive??? xDD

I would, or an occasional line/wave of DC Animated movie figures in general. They would have to be way better than those Son of Batman figures though lol. Those things were super cheap looking. Would love a 7 inch Batwoman from Bad Blood

If only I had kept them all MOC lol. I can remember walking into Gee Bee about 31 years ago and seeing the entire 3rd series minus Cyborg on the pegs. Out of all the ones I didn't have at the time (Orion, Mr. Miracle, Plastic Man, Shazam, and Tyr) I picked Tyr lol. Had to wait all the way until Christmas to get the other 5 including Cyborg and the Justice Jogger.

They were just on the edge of being before my time, and I didnt have the fun expeirence of actively collecting them (I tried to intentionally make up for that with the Kenner Total Justice figures years later. Not the same :/ ). But I was old enough to have some of them and remember buying and seeing them in store, along with watching the cartoon. Unfortunately, at birth I was a Marvel/Hulk fanatic, so when it came to Super Powers I didnt have an interest in any of the non-Superman and Batman related characters. In fact I remember one day while looking at the Green Lantern while I was at Zayres, and saying "whats with this stupid looking Robin figure?" Blasphemy.

Little did I know that would become one of my favorite characters. Ultimately I only had Superman, Batman, Robin, Joker, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Darkseid, Penguin, Hawkman, and the Batmobile. My brother claims I had the Flash, but I don't remember having him or any broken remnants of him like the other figures in my toy box in the years to come. I guess thats not too bad a line up to have at 4 years old. But clearly no other leaguers from wave 2 and 3 caught my attention :(

They were just on the edge of being before my time, and I didnt have the fun expeirence of actively collecting them (I tried to intentionally make up for that with the Kenner Total Justice figures years later. Not the same :/ ).

Ha ha! Yes I remember I started off buying some of those. I think I got Robin and Darkseid and pretty much quit right afterwards. They sure weren't the same. I felt they were way too extreme in their poses and everyone looked all roided up. That quickly put me off. On the other hand the early Toy Biz X-Men and DC Super Heroes that they put out looked way too lethargic. Super Powers had just the right amount of "action" to their stances.

Unfortunately, at birth I was a Marvel/Hulk fanatic, so when it came to Super Powers I didnt have an interest in any of the non-Superman and Batman related characters.

I was like that too. I was really into the Hulk and Spider-Man when I really young. At the same time Super Powers were out Marvel had their Secret Wars line out. Incredibly (no pun intended) they never got around to a Hulk figure. Or Thor, Namor, or the Fantastic Four. I have no idea what Marvel and Mattel were thinking.

I would, or an occasional line/wave of DC Animated movie figures in general. They would have to be way better than those Son of Batman figures though lol. Those things were super cheap looking. Would love a 7 inch Batwoman from Bad Blood

Batwoman is another awesome Huntress style character :D I agree, would be cool to see.
As concern for Reed Hood, I did a quick sketch over Firefly figure.. Shape of the head is the same. I think it would be a good base for made a custom.. Gosh, I wish to have Zelu skills and try to do that.. T.T But all I can do is the concept xDDD

Attachments

• Senza titolo-1.jpg
    Senza titolo-1.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 138

Guys, I got yesterday my Mad Love set and the Joker from TNBS, I like them, but just a question, why tnba Joker is smaller than the BTAS Joker? Did Bruce change the size of this character (like Ivy) or was it a mistake from DCC? Just in case, I´m just askin´, not complainin- ;)

Guys, I got yesterday my Mad Love set and the Joker from TNBS, I like them, but just a question, why tnba Joker is smaller than the BTAS Joker? Did Bruce change the size of this character (like Ivy) or was it a mistake from DCC? Just in case, I´m just askin´, not complainin- ;)

Yeah, overall I think it has more to do with the design change.

For example TNBA Batman has a much more beefier upper body and slender legs whereas BTAS Batman is somewhat more proportional body wise. Also, most if not all TNBA female characters were designed with slightly bigger heads and small body frames adhering to a somewhat anime style look.

Yeah, overall I think it has more to do with the design change.

For example TNBA Batman has a much more beefier upper body and slender legs whereas BTAS Batman is somewhat more proportional body wise. Also, most if not all TNBA female characters were designed with slightly bigger heads and small body frames adhering to a somewhat anime style look.

Another big example is Scarecrow! :D In TNBA looks tall as Batsy ;)

I Really Hope TF...Brings more of what we have not gotten in the Batman animated line . I realize Superman animated will be coming and even Justice League. but I want more Batman animated even the lesser characters I'd love a Gotham cop 2 pack and a thug 2 pack....

Back