DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Accessory pack! Seems the same box of Clayface :D When suppose to came out?

Jim and Kevin from DC Collectibles mentioned that the Expressions Pack is going to be out next month :clap

They were pretty much all jokes, with the exception of the limited number of accessories they come with, which was a valid concern.

Some people would say criticizing BTAS Ivy's hair is nitpicking.

The last 3 pages were FAR from the most critical that this thread has seen.

...and where in the last few pages did anyone mention that DCC sucks?

Maybe here someone is getting its figures for free :rotfl. Because If we pay for them, we have the right to be critics. We are customers, we deserve rispect. If no hands are accessories are in the 5-pack, we have the duty to protest for this. Like for the Penguin eyes, the Gordon glasses, the Bruce Wayne head, the removed MOTP bat cape from expression pack, Bullock eyes, Batgirl hair, Poison Ivy color scheme, Joker regular suit in Mad Love pack, Batmobile release politic and so on :dunno. The goal is to get always a better work than previous figures, and I think it's DC's goal too :wink1:. I am not paid by DC Collectibles to say "Oh Lord thanks, everything is great". If I have a problem with figures, I talk here with other users, then if I found few concordant opinions, I write to Kevin. :hi5:

Often I read of guys with PMS wich are rude and aggresive just to defend DC :slap

Don't even bother explaining these obvious things.

Some people here just love to say "how wrong" the figures and packaging are, even when there's obviously nothing wrong about it. They so love to nitipick that they just can't see the truth anymore.

I mean, seriously... LMFAO, it is a toy fair, for Christ's sake! Nothing there is for sale and is hardly final. And people still go on and say "the legs are crossed", "where are the ties!?".
You see what I mean about "obsessed with nitipicking"?

That's why I've been away from here. I just can't anymore.

Only God will save us during NY ToyFair. You will see how these people will act.
"OMG! Their feet are broken! Where are the accessories?! DCC sucks!"
Even with the figures there being mere prototypes. They just don't know protos/samples are not final or for sale.
Just like last year. It was a mess.
UGH

Are you for real man? You get upset everytime someone says anything negative about this line (some valid, some not) , yet you are allowed to go on about Ivy's hair and colour based on a prototype image. You keep telling us to all email (and what I would consider harass) DCC about it yet we can't talk about such things here in a forum? Are your nitpickings somehow more valid and acceptable than others?

Some people here just love to say "how wrong" the figures and packaging are, even when there's obviously nothing wrong about it. They so love to nitipick that they just can't see the truth anymore.

You say this yet when the first Harley came out you shot everyone down who complained about her size and poor finish telling us she was perfect. Now a year later you have quietly started to agree after they released the TNA version. Who are you to dismiss people's issues with this line so flippantly?

Your clearly an emotional guy when it comes to BTAS and this toy line, that is evident by your reactions and comments to every reveal, however not everyone sees things through such rose coloured glasses and this is a place for discussion. The boring Negative Nellies and Postive Pollies are easy to spot and ignore while the rest of the members here are happy to discuss the good and bad aspects of this line.

Jim and Kevin from DC Collectibles mentioned that the Expressions Pack is going to be out next month :clap

Thanks for news xD I'm from Italy so here will came out months later. But usually I buy these figures from UK (cost way less than Italy stupid prices -.-) so I will check the Uk release xDDD Anyway I can see the baseball bat in the box! I wonder if it's in scale with TAS Harley figure. Would be cool to pose her with that since we haven't got any mallet :D

Anyway I can see the baseball bat in the box! I wonder if it's in scale with TAS Harley figure. Would be cool to pose her with that since we haven't got any mallet :D

Yeah posing Harley with the bat hitting Batman on his bloodied face would be AWESOME!!! :hi5:

Yeah posing Harley with the bat hitting Batman on his bloodied face would be AWESOME!!! :hi5:

ikr xD
I'm actually looking forward the most for this face:
batman_the_animated_series_action_figure_expressions_pack_by_dc_collectibles_1.jpg

It's a very "IAMDANIGHT" face :D Can't wait to display his pissed off feelings hahaha :rotfl

Thanks for news xD I'm from Italy so here will came out months later. But usually I buy these figures from UK (cost way less than Italy stupid prices -.-) so I will check the Uk release xDDD Anyway I can see the baseball bat in the box! I wonder if it's in scale with TAS Harley figure. Would be cool to pose her with that since we haven't got any mallet :D

Hey, I do not know if you know, but in Belgium there is a shop that sells the figures and a very good price. I bought the Batmobile for 89 € and the figures usually cost similar to his price in dollars but in euros. The website is www.archonia.com check it out if you want. I'm lucky that in Madrid I have a store with good prices, but yes, the figures usually take a little while to arrive...

Hey, I do not know if you know, but in Belgium there is a shop that sells the figures and a very good price. I bought the Batmobile for 89 € and the figures usually cost similar to his price in dollars but in euros. The website is www.archonia.com check it out if you want. I'm lucky that in Madrid I have a store with good prices, but yes, the figures usually take a little while to arrive...

Many thanks! :D Gonna save it! ;)
It actually have pretty good prices. I just need to check the ship prices... From UK I usually pay 24€+8€ of shipping. But I often buy loose figure or damaged package too, some of these figures don't deserve the full price imo :) eBay have often great deals if you know where to look xDD some people sell it without the tag them as "animated series", and some of them have really low prces xDD Got a spare Nightwing for a custom at 14€ shipped :) Sometimes just need to wait for the right moment xD

Anyone plan on starting a new display for Supergirl/Livewire and eventually Supes and Lois? Would love to see what people come up with for a STAS display! Not sure where I'm going to display mine yet, or the Batman Beyond figs

Batman Beyond 3 pack will be released in Australia next week too.

Unfortunately it has been given a crazy RRP of $110 AUD ($85USD) :thud:

Going to have to reconsider getting it for now as it breaks my currently tight toy budget :(

Phantasm - my plan for the Batman Beyond figures was to have them in a separate display from BTAS with a purple and black background. Was thinking of using something like this, the Ikea SYNAS lightbox:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60241544/

Anyone plan on starting a new display for Supergirl/Livewire and eventually Supes and Lois? Would love to see what people come up with for a STAS display! Not sure where I'm going to display mine yet, or the Batman Beyond figs

SFA will have some ideas for sure xDDD he's the lord of display! xDD If I will ever get Sups and Lois I will probably display them with Batsy stuff, it doesn't bother me at all :) The problem to me came if they start JLU line.. too much figures and a mess everywhere xD

Are you for real man? You get upset everytime someone says anything negative about this line (some valid, some not) , yet you are allowed to go on about Ivy's hair and colour based on a prototype image. You keep telling us to all email (and what I would consider harass) DCC about it yet we can't talk about such things here in a forum? Are your nitpickings somehow more valid and acceptable than others?

You say this yet when the first Harley came out you shot everyone down who complained about her size and poor finish telling us she was perfect. Now a year later you have quietly started to agree after they released the TNA version. Who are you to dismiss people's issues with this line so flippantly?

Your clearly an emotional guy when it comes to BTAS and this toy line, that is evident by your reactions and comments to every reveal, however not everyone sees things through such rose coloured glasses and this is a place for discussion. The boring Negative Nellies and Postive Pollies are easy to spot and ignore while the rest of the members here are happy to discuss the good and bad aspects of this line.

Sigh... Well you pretty much summed it up. You're right Pug.

But I'm not here to dump on WGD, nor do I think anyone else is here. I just think you, WGD, are misinterpreting our fun in this case as DCC bashing.

There certainly can be a lot of nitpicking here from time to time. That's valid. But we are paying customers as davidecit pointed out and I don't see anything wrong with discussing the highs and lows of this line with each other especially in the hopes they DCC will see our criticisms and use them to make a better product in the future.

Again my post/question about the crossed legs was what I thought was clearly a joke, hence the "lol" that I put at the end of my sentence in that post. Blebble and everyone else that posted afterwards seemed to get I wasn't serious about it when we all started discussing the less than bathroom friendly mechanics of Batgirl's costume. There were no other post with legitimate concerns about her crossed legs either and only observations about the lack of twist ties which I'm pretty sure no one was seriously concerned about. To pick those post in particular out from so many much harsher post from the weeks and months before and call them nitpicky... seriously?

I've been doing this (discussing and reviewing toy show reveals) for 20 years. Long before I ever started posting here. Believe me, I can usually spot which things are just insignificant flaws made to displays during setup and which things should probably truly concern us. Things that are going to end up in the final, released product.

So anyhow, don't take it all so seriously WGD. Come back as soon as you feel up to it and have some fun discussing the line with the rest of us.

I'm just going to display all those figures with my TNBA figures since they all appeared on the show. I wouldn't mind Lex and Mercy as they appeared with Batman too in the Superman World's Finest episodes.

Gonna definitely have some fun with Superman and Lois. I plan on integrating both into a TNBA dio display as I only plan on cherry picking from the STAS line. Both appeared in the Bat/Supes movie so that is my validation.

If you find a good deal get it, I've passed the first Batmobile release and got this set in the black friday time. Is pretty awesome, have two solid figures, accesories and a great bonus (Batsignal). The metallic paint really make difference on the signal and the car details imo

I think I will. I have yet to buy any figures in this line despite being a huge fan of the tv show. I guess if I am to get only one representation of the series for my collection this pack would be it. The Batwing looks impressive though too from the pics I have seen.

Phantasm - my plan for the Batman Beyond figures was to have them in a separate display from BTAS with a purple and black background. Was thinking of using something like this, the Ikea SYNAS lightbox:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60241544/

Ooh nice man! That sounds like a good idea, I've never seen that lightbox before. Post pics if you end up doing it! :wink1:

SFA will have some ideas for sure xDDD he's the lord of display! xDD If I will ever get Sups and Lois I will probably display them with Batsy stuff, it doesn't bother me at all :) The problem to me came if they start JLU line.. too much figures and a mess everywhere xD

Haha true that! I don't mind mixing them either, but my BTAS/TNBA fig space is becoming more limited as more figs come out, so I'll probably need to pick up a new bookshelf anyways. I feel you though, if they get into JLU I'm gonna need some more shelves for sure lol

I'm just going to display all those figures with my TNBA figures since they all appeared on the show. I wouldn't mind Lex and Mercy as they appeared with Batman too in the Superman World's Finest episodes.

I would definitely be down for Lex and Mercy! Brainiac is pretty high on my wishlist too

Gonna definitely have some fun with Superman and Lois. I plan on integrating both into a TNBA dio display as I only plan on cherry picking from the STAS line. Both appeared in the Bat/Supes movie so that is my validation.

Niice, I can't wait to start having more characters from DCAU outside of Batsy's circle! I really hope DCC ends up making a JLU Huntress eventually. I wonder how many years the DCAU lines will last... I could be an old man by the time it's done if we get that deep

I think I will. I have yet to buy any figures in this line despite being a huge fan of the tv show. I guess if I am to get only one representation of the series for my collection this pack would be it. The Batwing looks impressive though too from the pics I have seen.

You will not regret it, if you're a huge fan of the show and you have no figures yet, this deluxe pack will be someting epic for you :D Grab it! xDD
Batwing is freakin' awesome but there is no way I can display it in my house xDD I have to pass it T.T maybe one day.. xD

Haha true that! I don't mind mixing them either, but my BTAS/TNBA fig space is becoming more limited as more figs come out, so I'll probably need to pick up a new bookshelf anyways. I feel you though, if they get into JLU I'm gonna need some more shelves for sure lol

Yeah, general space is always a problem xDDD I don't collect so much beside some statues or figures I like here and there, so I don't have big problems of general space. But this damn line is so huge and cool that deserve space xDD I personally prefer to keep them safe from dust. Ikea always have good and cheap solutions :D

And yes, Huntress is a MUST! Love that character for so many reason! :D Actually a double pack with Question would be cool. No way any sculptor can fail to do Question's face :D LOL

And yes, Huntress is a MUST! Love that character for so many reason! :D Actually a double pack with Question would be cool. No way any sculptor can fail to do Question's face :D LOL

You are way too optimistic. They're sure to mess his face up now. He'll probably have eyebrows and a beard lol.

Seriously though, I already did Mattel's Justice League so I won't be getting too into those but I would like a Huntress (2nd Version), Green Arrow, and Black Canary to add to my New Batman Adventures figures. Maybe a Justice League Batman too. I hope they come first lol

Yeah, general space is always a problem xDDD I don't collect so much beside some statues or figures I like here and there, so I don't have big problems of general space. But this damn line is so huge and cool that deserve space xDD I personally prefer to keep them safe from dust. Ikea always have good and cheap solutions :D

Yeaa shelves seem to fill up super fast lol. I collect a bunch of random stuff, but this is definitely my favorite DC line. I also really like the Diamond Select Femme Fatales/ DC Gallery Statues. I don't have them all yet, but I'll get all of the one's I want eventually lol. When it comes to dust, I just can't seem to stop it. Even displays that close seem to still get dust inside. My figure stands are what get the most of it though.

Seriously, Huntress is so awesome! I would buy that 2 pack in a heart beat! Lolol Question expression pack eventually?!
Diamond is releasing a JLU Huntress statue soon for anyone interested ;) Just got the Black Canary the other day and I really like her

Huntress statue Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BphXQjb46zM

You are way too optimistic. They're sure to mess his face up now. He'll probably have eyebrows and a beard lol.

LOL :rotfl:duff

Seriously though, I already did Mattel's Justice League so I won't be getting too into those but I would like a Huntress (2nd Version), Green Arrow, and Black Canary to add to my New Batman Adventures figures. Maybe a Justice League Batman too. I hope they come first lol

Hahaha that's possible :D
Oh, I'm not looking for a 263546373839 figures collection :D They can do all the figures they want but I will buy just the main characters too. Martian Manhunter, John Stewart, Flash, Aquaman.. Just the main ones xD We're gonna see what happen. I'm not a completist, I just buy what I like xDD

Yeaa shelves seem to fill up super fast lol. I collect a bunch of random stuff, but this is definitely my favorite DC line. I also really like the Diamond Select Femme Fatales/ DC Gallery Statues. I don't have them all yet, but I'll get all of the one's I want eventually lol. When it comes to dust, I just can't seem to stop it. Even displays that close seem to still get dust inside. My figure stands are what get the most of it though.

Seriously, Huntress is so awesome! I would buy that 2 pack in a heart beat! Lolol Question expression pack eventually?!
Diamond is releasing a JLU Huntress statue soon for anyone interested ;) Just got the Black Canary the other day and I really like her

Huntress statue Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BphXQjb46zM

LOL :rotfl:duff

That statue looks pretty cool! But like we said a 6" figure it's what we're waiting for :D
Question's expression pack can be a great idea... LOL so many possibility... :)

Back