DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Mondo answered the call! Paint imperfections that hopefully will get cleaned up before release..but finally a shaded Batman!

Laugh Lines :clap

now THIS is cool!
*****k you, DCC. THAT's how it's done!
I really hope the final product will look the same. not that I get disapointed again.
about the shading: looks nice, but I don't really need it. a good alternative would be a pearling effect color that looks mainly black but blueish with light shining on.
just like I imagined in one of my photomanipulations
but you don't care anyway so I feel any necessity to show you =P

The Mondo head has sharper detail due to the larger scale but it is no more accurate than the DCC version. Actually its worse in many ways like the ears and forehead. But got to take any chance you get to keep knocking the DCC line.

The Mondo head has sharper detail due to the larger scale but it is no more accurate than the DCC version. Actually its worse in many ways like the ears and forehead. But got to take any chance you get to keep knocking the DCC line.

Agreed. It's still off as are the proportions and definition. I'm looking for this in figure form, and at the moment I feel DCC comes a little closer than Mondo.

CI_63785_1338818392.jpg

I'm glad they finally announced BTAS Ivy. That's one I was waiting for.

I haven't bought any, but plan on getting the BTAS versions of Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Freeze, Ivy, Harley, Catwoman and Two Face. Possibly Man Bat, Riddler, Ra's, Talia and Clayface.

The chest looks off on that Mondo figure. I can't tell if the bat symbol is lopsided or it's the whole torso. And as others have said the head (and frankly the whole body) is just too angular. It's almost like this is supposed to be the BTAS Batman on the TNBA body. The definition and detail in this figure just isn't soft enough or smooth enough.

Something i never noticed . . . the mondo Batman and the original Combat Belt Batman figures had the standard bat emblem on the chest but the DC collectibles BTAS Batman has the Batman Returns emblem on his chest . .

Something i never noticed . . . the mondo Batman and the original Combat Belt Batman figures had the standard bat emblem on the chest but the DC collectibles BTAS Batman has the Batman Returns emblem on his chest . .

Not necessarily meant to be a Batman Returns emblem, but it does look a lot like it. I like that they didn't do the standard decal look. It represents the animation a lot better to do an original emblem.

The user "tasbatmanspideyfigs" on Instagram has a few loose close-up shots of the Gordon wave. They'll be out soon!

I have been trying too to make a better head of Bruce Wayne: Big head, thinner and curvy eyebrows, eyes whit white and thinner and closed line, mouth with "sly smile" and dark mouth line.
View attachment 279793

I hope that that Bruce Wayne head means a BTAS Bruce Wayne figure is coming sometime in the future. I just hope that DCC can get it to look a little more like Bruce though.

Is there a way to tell the new TNBA Batman figure from the old? I ordered one from Amazon based on a link in this thread but I'm not sure on the difference.

Everytime I see this, I can only think "please, DCC, bring BTAS Scarecrow to life!"

scarecrow.png

I sooo want this Scarecrow! After BTAS Ivy it was my next most wanted figure! (I hope they will go with this design)

Honestly I like those busts! It is the price that I cannot justify! They are more expansive than Femme Fatale figures that are much bigger and nicer!

Just FYI- TAS Croc and Bane are probably after Freeze and Ivy because they're the only two left from that fan's choice poll they did last year. [emoji6]

4fea7642cffe5b44afc9b16f58626aa4.jpg

I am going to call it now - most major toy lines have a character or figure that seems obvious but for various reasons get looked over and never get made BTAS Two Face will be the last major character from BTAS that gets made....if at all.

Back