DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Your display is fantastic. Really captures the Animated show. Great work!!

Many thanks!! :D

Hey sfa, any chance we can remove that goofy ass hat from Zatanna? Or will it take some customizing? Is it a separate piece glued on, or is it apart of the sculpt? I want to pose her holding it, but I'd assume it will take some work.

It's definitely a separate piece glued on, as the hat is a solid plastic while the hair is a softer rubber material. It's glued on REAL good though, so there's no telling what the hair sculpt is like under the hat and it'll take some work getting the hat off without damaging the hair underneath.

It's definitely a separate piece glued on, as the hat is a solid plastic while the hair is a softer rubber material. It's glued on REAL good though, so there's no telling what the hair sculpt is like under the hat and it'll take some work getting the hat off without damaging the hair underneath.

Okay good! Thanks! I was hoping it was separate. It will be a piece of cake to pry off and re-sculpt her hair if need be.

That's also what I want to do with Zanna when she arrives, even if i have to sculpt a bit of hair :p

Clayface, Firesuit Batman, and TNBA Harley are now listed on Toychest for 9/28. Firefly isn't there for some reason lol. Really hope they come out at that time! Would be awesome to have Clayface 2 days before my bday ^_^

Btw to anyone who's getting the Girls Night Out pack, unless you're going to use the extra dumb looking Harley head from the single card, you may as well wait to get it in the pack. That way you'll get 3 new figs in the set, which justifies the price imo. $25 for each new fig, and you get an extra Batgirl and Ivy for $2.50 each. Def what I'm going to do.

That's what I'm going to do. Hopefully they don't pull one of those switcheroos like they did with Mad Love Joker.

Thanks for the heads up, Phantasm! Hopefully, that's the final release date and there won't be any more delays.

It would also be so cool if the Bullock wave arrived in October, rather than November.

We would get 1 wave per month: August, September and October. :D

That's what I'm going to do. Hopefully they don't pull one of those switcheroos like they did with Mad Love Joker.

Haaa. I was half anticipating it as I was typing that lol

Thanks for the heads up, Phantasm! Hopefully, that's the final release date and there won't be any more delays.

It would also be so cool if the Bullock wave arrived in October, rather than November.

Same! Last year Penguin and Poison Ivy were released on Sept 30th, then Riddler, Batgirl and Btas Batman came the week after, so it would be cool if there was a similar pattern.

After that it would just be LOTDK 3 pack, GNO 5 pack, Christmas Joker for 2016.

Btw, is anyone actually planning to buy that Legends of the Dark Knight pack? It was hardly appealing to me when it was announced, but after the SDCC pics, and seeing how tall Robin is (or how short Batman is) that's my first easy pass, without question. Never see anyone mention it, so I was curious as to everyone's interest in it

Same! Last year Penguin and Poison Ivy were released on Sept 30th, then Riddler, Batgirl and Btas Batman came the week after, so it would be cool if there was a similar pattern.

After that it would just be LOTDK 3 pack, GNO 5 pack, Christmas Joker for 2016.

Btw, is anyone actually planning to buy that Legends of the Dark Knight pack? It was hardly appealing to me when it was announced, but after the SDCC pics, and seeing how tall Robin is (or how short Batman is) that's my first easy pass, without question. Never see anyone mention it, so I was curious as to everyone's interest in it

Yes! I wanna be playing with Gordon, Zatanna, Clayface, Bullock, Talia and Scarface come Halloween. :pray:

Praying Christmas Joker does come in December, as late as the week of Christmas - preferably the week of my bday (Dec. 6).

I'm not getting the LOTDK pack... Never did like the comics (TDKR) actually, not even the animated movie. Plus, I'm currently collection only the BTAS figures, which is supposed to be my final action figure collection.

Yes! I wanna be playing with Gordon, Zatanna, Clayface, Bullock, Talia and Scarface come Halloween. :pray:

Praying Christmas Joker does come in December, as late as the week of Christmas - preferably the week of my bday (Dec. 6).

I'm not getting the LOTDK pack... Never did like the comics (TDKR) actually, not even the animated movie. Plus, I'm currently collection only the BTAS figures, which is supposed to be my final action figure collection.

You still planning on skipping Ra's? I noticed he's the only BTAS fig you didn't mention lol. I'm hoping they did something more with Christmas Joker's eyes. At least add a damn dot in the center haha. But yea, I really hope he comes out by early December so he can chill with my other Christmas stuff I'll have out lol.

Whattt you don't like the movies?! They aren't my favorites, but I dig em. I don't really care for Joker's voice though lol. Did you see Killing Joke yet?

You still planning on skipping Ra's? I noticed he's the only BTAS fig you didn't mention lol. I'm hoping they did something more with Christmas Joker's eyes. At least add a damn dot in the center haha. But yea, I really hope he comes out by early December so he can chill with my other Christmas stuff I'll have out lol.

Whattt you don't like the movies?! They aren't my favorites, but I dig em. I don't really care for Joker's voice though lol. Did you see Killing Joke yet?

I still don't know what to do about Ra's. LOL You know, I never liked him or his episodes that much, although I love Talia. So, I've never bothered about buying a Ra's figure. Perhaps I'll be more excited about his figure when DCC announces him in his green outfit - who knows.

Exactly - I want Christmas Joker to be chilling with my Christmas stuff and decoration. It's my favorite holiday. Our house is fully decorated for Christmas, from top to bottom.
And obviously watch "Christmas with the Joker" with the figure by the TV.

Man, I don't... LOL I never liked those crossover stories with Batman and Superman, to be honest. And yes, I didn't like BvS either, because of that. LOL

YES!!! I did watch The Killing Joke on Monday!!! I liked it a lot, although I still have mixed feelings about Batgirl's expanded story. That scene (you know which), though... UGH! B. Timm and his obsession with Bruce+Barbara ever since the days of BTAS. Seriously, it's disturbing. Hate it.
I'll have to watch it again when it's released on Blu-ray.

IMG_2491%201_zpsw4mjsffe.jpg

Fantastic display! :clap

Thanks greygoose!! :D

I'm still really loving this new wave. Commissioner Gordon is definitely my favourite of the bunch, and I'm looking forward to getting Bullock stood next to him later in the year. Really hope we get a Montoya to go with them in the future too, she had a good number of appearances on the show (and had the honor of bringing down Harley & Ivy!), so she definitely seems worthy of a figure to me.

Don't surprised if it happens that way anyways.
YES!!! I did watch The Killing Joke on Monday!!! I liked it a lot, although I still have mixed feelings about Batgirl's expanded story. That scene (you know which), though... UGH! B. Timm and his obsession with Bruce+Barbara ever since the days of BTAS.
Yeah, I watched it Saturday and was like, 'I can tell this was Bruce Timm's idea.' But, I really liked the 30 minutes of backstory we got before the main story began. That move is about 4 minutes short of 2 hours :joy
Haaa. I was half anticipating it as I was typing that lol
After 35 years of collecting, I have little faith in the honesty of these toy companies lol.
I really enjoyed the books, the episode, and the movies...
BUT I have ZERO desire for those figures or any other figures from that episode besides Firefly.

I love TDKR - probably my favorite Batman book of all time. Enjoyed the films (Peter Weller was perfectly cast) but yeah zero interest in the animated set. There are better versions of those characters out there that it just seems redundant to me.

I'm going to skip The Killing Joke film though. Love the book but this film has never got me interested, even Hamill and Conroy felt like stunt casting to me. DC animation should just do original stories, no more adaptations.

I'm very interested in it. I'm loving DCC's big characters. Bane, Croc, Man Bat, they are all great in-hand, they feel sturdy and are fun to pose. I'm curious to see what the Tim Drake head looks like on the Carrie body, to make a classic robin, maybe with some modified hair. Kinda like we saw in Rise of Sin Tzu.

I doubt I'm going to buy it for full price, I'll wait and hope for a drop. If I see it cheap enough I will buy it.

Oh Yeah!

The Gordan wave is officially out next week in Australian Comic stores!

Picking up Zatanna next Thu/Fri and have Gordan and Ras on order a bit cheaper through another store for arrival around the same time too.

Plus seeing Suicide Squad on Saturday - going to be a good week!

The book really did very little for me. Too gritty and adult in nature, the art was unappealing. To be honest the complete opposite of the animated shows lol

I like to be a completist but these two really have no place in the line.

Oh Yeah!

The Gordan wave is officially out next week in Australian Comic stores!

Picking up Zatanna next Thu/Fri and have Gordan and Ras on order a bit cheaper through another store for arrival around the same time too.

Plus seeing Suicide Squad on Saturday - going to be a good week!

Hey, I see you are in Sydney too, where do you grab your figures? I'm only collecting BTAS.
I have purchased through Harley's Hideout, Mighty Ape, Oz Games Shop and Amazon and have managed to get all of mine under $40AUD. Man Bat was $28 and I even grabbed TNBA Two-Face for the sake of it cos it was only $22. I'd like to keep that up if possible!
Cheers

Always nice to have a another Australian on board!

Yeah I order them for pick up from Kings Comics mostly and get them on the way to work. They sell them at full price ($42) but pick up makes it cheaper than the other stores online with their shipping fees. I bought Man-Bat cheap from Harley's Hideout last year and have also bought from Popcultcha a couple of times (they have the Gordan wave in stock now).

I got Gordan and Ras cheap through a Melbourne eBay store, just hoping that I do not have to wait too long for them to arrive.

Back