DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I don't know. I would've thought that about TNBA Riddler, yet here he is. I'd be shocked if Two-Face didn't show up. This just doesn't seem like most lines- given the giant vehicles and surprising character selection already.

So, I'm looking at DCC's upcoming pre-orders broken down and there's a hole in November of this year. I wouldn't be surprised if TNBA Riddler/Catwoman get pushed to a May '17 release to fill that hole. Or, less likely, we get surprised with something completely new. If they do move them, then we might be looking at 2-figure releases from now on- either by a single 2pk or a 2-figure wave. (judging by TNBA Catwoman/Riddler, Superman/Lois, TAS Freeze/Ivy)
I suppose that might help them come out on time?

Hey all for folks who are interested, La-La Land Records released the Batman the Animated Series Volume 4 soundtrack on their website for ordering today. They also released Volume 1 of the Justice League Animated soundtrack. Both were for sale at SDCC and are up for ordering on their website. They are limited to 3000 copies each I believe. If you are a fan of the BTAS music I would recommend the soundtrack--I have the first 3 volumes and the music is phenomenal.
Volume 4 has music for the following episodes:
Off Balance
Joker's Wild
The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy
Zatanna
Moon of the Wold
The Mechanic
The Worry Men
Fear of Victory
His Silicon Soul

I know not figure related but it's BTAS related :D Cheers!

Thanks for the info, vasq0034. Had no idea we'd ever get more BTAS tracks- thought Volume 3 was the last and 4 would be exclusively BTNA.
I am so happy "The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy" is going to be part of this set- I've been asking them about that since Volume 1. The track during Batman being forced to turn in his cowl gave me shivers since I first saw it on TV as a kid.

Last edited:

The new figures arrived in the UK today and I picked mine up from my LCS this-morning :D

They're all awesome, but Ra's and Gordon in particular are fantastic! Gordon's glasses don't look anywhere near as bad in person, and thankfully he doesn't suffer from the one-leg-longer-than-the-other problem I thought he might. He looks so good next to Batman and Robin! :D

Oh, and I did try to put Ra's cape onto Batman, but the cape is a hard plastic as opposed to the thin rubber ones on other figures, so it won't fit onto Batman because of that.

Awesome, thanks for the pics! It's so great to finally see new stuff mixes in!! Oh, and I love your pose of Ra's with his hands in front of him. : )

Awesome!!! Can't say I'm not jealous ;) lol. Thanks a lot for the pics sfa!! They look amazing all together on your display!
I'm glad Etrigan isn't on the short side like I thought he would be! Good to hear about Gordon's leg also! Sooo stoked, I can't wait to get them!

Congrats sfa! And once again, absolutely love your display.

Always happy to share pics! :)

I'm very surprised the figures came out here so quickly, normally they're out a good month or so in the US before they arrive here.
It's a really strong wave, they're all great. I think people are going to have problems standing Zatanna though... Her feet are tiny! But she does look fantastic. If they can get Poison Ivy's face as nice as Zatanna's, then she's going to look amazing.

I can't wait to get more BTAS figures and have a BTAS only display. Here's a shot of just the BTAS figures so far....

Congrats sfa!!!! They look AMAZING! Your display looks so cool also! I can't wait until next week when my LCS gets them!

Congrats man! They look fantastic and so does your display! One thing thta bothers me is the height of Zatanna next to Catwoman. She looks tiny :/

Thanks everyone! :D I think the simplistic look of the display really helps to make the figures pop.

How tall is the entire display, sfa?
In total it's 48 inches tall :)

Congrats man! They look fantastic and so does your display! One thing thta bothers me is the height of Zatanna next to Catwoman. She looks tiny :/
She doesn't look too small to me, as I always imagined her to be quite small in the show. Maybe my pictures weren't helping as she was further back than Catwoman. Here's one of them side by side :)

Ugh, this picture really shows how much I need that re-issue Catwoman! I hope she come out here in the UK soon. Not seen her at all yet.....

ah thanks man! That picture shows is actually is scale! ( I was bit worried for a moment) :)

Congrats on getting them, SFA!!
Your collection is looking amazing, and so is your display!!

Happy to see Gordon and Zatanna turned out to be really perfect!

Just a couple of questions:
1. how was the paint app on Zatanna's eyes? All of the pieces available looked the same or did you have to look for the best one?
2. all the Gordons available had the same glasses or there were some with thinner glasses?

In all, do you think it's safe to order online?

Thanks WGD! :D

In answer to your questions:
1. All the ones I saw had perfect eyes, so no worries there. One of them did have a tiny mark in the thighs though.
2. All the Gordon's had the exact same glasses, none thinner.

Personally I'd always prefer to get them in store just in case, and I'd hate to recommend you buy online and then end up with a dud. However, all the ones I saw were great aside from a tiny mark here or there (there was a Ra's with a tiny bit of bleed in the hairline).

Sfa, I'm sure you've been asked a ton of times before, but what kind of bases are those that you use? (And how the hell do you get some of them like Bane to stand with no waist grabber lolol)

Agreed, in store is the only way to go imo!

They're the old Star Wars figure bases. If you search for Protech Star Wars figure stands on eBay, that should come up with some results. :)

Getting the figures stable on them can be very tricky, depending on the figure. Most of the figures I stick one (or both) foot down with some glue (it's not super strong so I can always remove them from the base if I want to) so they're a bit more secure. With Bane though, I actually have his arms leaning against the step behind so he's more stable., the top-heavy git! lol

That's great and relieving to hear, SFA! The last waves have had great paint apps indeed.

Yes, I always try to get figures in person, to avoid frustrations. That's always the best way. However, I don't have any comic shops where I live and the few collectibles stores don't carry this line (odd, because they carry other DCC figs). So, the only way to get these figures is when I travel.

Fortunately, I've had some eBay sellers send me photos of the figures available before I purchase, so I can pick the best one.

Always happy to share pics! :)

I'm very surprised the figures came out here so quickly, normally they're out a good month or so in the US before they arrive here.
It's a really strong wave, they're all great. I think people are going to have problems standing Zatanna though... Her feet are tiny! But she does look fantastic. If they can get Poison Ivy's face as nice as Zatanna's, then she's going to look amazing.

I can't wait to get more BTAS figures and have a BTAS only display. Here's a shot of just the BTAS figures so far....

Your display is fantastic. Really captures the Animated show. Great work!!

Hey sfa, any chance we can remove that goofy ass hat from Zatanna? Or will it take some customizing? Is it a separate piece glued on, or is it apart of the sculpt? I want to pose her holding it, but I'd assume it will take some work.

Back