DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

We have little tidbits of release date news in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk1TGCsHwis

-Bullock wave is due in December :slap
-Batman Beyond is due in February
-TNBA Catwoman and Riddler; TAS Expressions pack are all three due in March (which, to me, means August based on the Gordon wave)
-Supposedly, we *might* see the first JL figures at NYTF! He said it wasn't official, but that seems to be the impression he got.

I think it's way too soon for Justice League, but we'll see.

Also, I just realized that DCC has removed the posable wire from the cloth capes that they originally promised in the solicit image. :( That was one of the reasons I decided to go for the set.

I think the reveal of JLU figures will spell the end of the Batman animated lines. So many figures and possibilities can only distract from completing BTAS and TNBA. I will be sad to see that happen. Not getting a Grey Ghost or Summer Gleason because they are now focusing on the Capt. Atom etc would suck.

I think the reveal of JLU figures will spell the end of the Batman animated lines. So many figures and possibilities can only distract from completing BTAS and TNBA. I will be sad to see that happen. Not getting a Grey Ghost or Summer Gleason because they are now focusing on the Capt. Atom etc would suck.

Same. Once Justice League and Superman are both going that will def replace Batman. TNBA should be about done. All that's really left after what's been announced is that little version of Hatter, Penguin and a Glider Batman. Unless they end up doing TNBA Clayface and Wesker as well. If they do another Clayface I hope we get Annie with him! It's cool to have them introduce the Supes line to take it's place, but we need more BTAS! I hope they don't get into Justice League until around the last wave. JL and JLU could go on for a long ass time lol.

I wonder if they'll hop straight into JLU or do Justice League first then JLU. I'd def like both looks for John Stewart, even if he just has a swap-able head.

jj.jpg
j2j.jpg

Also J'on in his "hero form" and in his regular martian form. Maybe a 2 pack? I also want Hawkgirl both masked and unmasked. Diana in her dinner dress from the time she hung out with that Kasnian princess, maybe? I'm getting wayy too ahead here, but yea lol

I don't know... I don't NEED a Summer Gleason. I'm perfectly happy with what's coming and what's been announced if they WERE to end the line. Which I highly doubt.

Bring on the Justice League! Probably my favorite version of Batman from the Timmverse.

There's no reason to stop producing BTAS figures anyway, they can throw a Summer Gleason or any given BTAS character into a Justice League line anyway. I say just merge them all, and do mixed waves. Have one superman character, one BTAS character, 2 JL characters, maybe 1 Batman Beyond character here and there.

Kinda like how they started mixing TNBA and BTAS right off the bat. Let the mixing continue! It will allow us to get obscure BTAS or TNBA characters in waves with more popular ones.

Same. Once Justice League and Superman are both going that will def replace Batman. TNBA should be about done. All that's really left after what's been announced is that little version of Hatter, Penguin and a Glider Batman. Unless they end up doing TNBA Clayface and Wesker as well. If they do another Clayface I hope we get Annie with him! It's cool to have them introduce the Supes line to take it's place, but we need more BTAS! I hope they don't get into Justice League until around the last wave. JL and JLU could go on for a long ass time lol.

I wonder if they'll hop straight into JLU or do Justice League first then JLU. I'd def like both looks for John Stewart, even if he just has a swap-able head.

View attachment 280444
View attachment 280445

Also J'on in his "hero form" and in his regular martian form. Maybe a 2 pack? I also want Hawkgirl both masked and unmasked. Diana in her dinner dress from the time she hung out with that Kasnian princess, maybe? I'm getting wayy too ahead here, but yea lol

I feel like glider Batman could be done in an expressions pack as an alternate cape. Also, to be fair, it seems more like they're testing the waters with the Superman and Batman Beyond stuff, rather than just diving headfirst in. Otherwise, we'd be seeing full waves solicited as opposed to two-packs, three-packs, and five-packs. ****, nothing's smarter than that Gotham Girls Box Set. You tool two new figures (using, what I assume is the same, base body, or a variation, thereof) and pack them in with three that you've already produced and sold on their own.

This is a question I've been wanting to ask you guys for a while now and, with the confirmation that the BTAS Mr. Freeze figure is ready, I feel like it's the perfect time to ask.

His buckle.

01.jpg

23.jpg

Is it supposed to be light grey like the rest of his armor and the black is the shadow caused by the lighting?

Or is it indeed black?

My proper question: would you guys want the figure to have the buckle light grey (like the rest of the armor) or black?

The Kenner figure had it light grey:

13837741.jpg

It's supposed to be black, like his arms and legs, so definitely black.

8b3265f0737c51214b0cb4aabb9c7f4f.jpg

I'd definitely want it black too. Would be cool if he came with an extra cracked helmet

Black for sure. Also, I feel like, if DCC has this figure planned, and, particularly, if he would have a cracked helmet, it's only right that they amend the expressions set to include a thermos.:lol

^ Haha yes! The only way to fight a cold!

So are we ever going to see DCC's "secret table" goodies? I mean what's the point in bringing it to SDCC and not showing it at SDCC.

^ I doubt we'll see them until possibly NYTF next year. In previous years they've never shown the 'secret table' items until a good long while afterwards.

Perhaps the point is just to generate a buzz, so the press can write about the items and keep us wanting more. That's my best guess anyway...

I find it beyond pointless to do that. You either properly announce the items or you don't.

If you don't want people to see your items, just don't bring them to the Con/Fair.
It's very unfair to customers. "Oh, the items are here, but you can't see haha". Seriously, just don't.

Or, if it's a secret and just the Press is alowed to see, don't spread the word to the general people.

Buzz/tease my a**. It pisses me off more than the delays.

Well as the dust settles on another SDCC I must admit to feeling a little let down by the news and offerings revealed for this line. I don't expect each show to reveal dozens of figures or a vehicle everytime but I just felt that what we saw and were told combined with the current delays and backlog, that the line is feeling a little scrapy and losing momentum.

Now from a BTAS view point there are 5 major characters yet to be announced: Batgirl, Two Face, Bane, Scarecrow, Killer Croc. We have a bunch of stuff coming at years end and two new figures in August 2017. Those are really part of the Toy Fair reveals so we might be getting another 2 announced then but by this stage we are really talking about those characters maybe being released in 2018! Its a long time to wait to hopefully finish of the main BTAS characters. Is it asking a lot of a non-high end toy line to be releasing a couple of figures a year with such big breaks in between? This combined with Justice League coming on board next year and you would assume more Superman makes for a stretched line. Is DCC trying to do too much at once?

I really think they need to get this line to a point of one or two figures being released a month before expanding to that degree. Just to ensure the various shows can get equal representation as well as keep collectors interested. Anyone share a slight feel of dread or loss of enthusiasm this past weekend?

I was actually anticipating them not showing anything new at all, what with all the delays in the releases recently and the huge showing at NYTF, so I was pleasantly surprised with what we got. The news of Ivy and Freeze is very frustrating though, I have to agree. They would have really added a new level of hype for the line had they been shown.

I'm not worried about the line in any way though, I feel there's still a lot of enthusiasm and interest for it, but sadly an equal amount of frustration too due to the delays. Once/if they can get back on track with releases, I'm sure momentum will pick up again.

As for DCC trying to do too much at once, it does kinda seem like that. I personally wish they'd have got deeper into the BTAS roster before starting on any Supes/JLU stuff, but hopefully it won't impact it too much. Especially since there's not that many TNBA characters left now really. Perhaps they'll continue separate BTAS waves and turn the TNBA waves into JLU stuff.....

I guess JayC at TNI was off by a month on the release of the Bullock Wave. I finally found the release date signs in a youtube video and they say that the wave is due in November, so that's cool.

And then a nice back view of the Bat-signal:
72f3b51c275cce78295a19e0cc3691c1.jpg

Gosh! I really want that Batsignal; such a cool looking piece.
Although it still kills me that it doesn't project the signal, I find the light blue light (funny sentence, lol) beautiful. That thing turned on in a semidark room will look AWESOME.

I simply don't need the Batman and Robin that come with it and the half-plastic, half-fabric capes look horrible.
I DO hope I can get the Batsignal loose on eBay. Worst-case scenario, I'll get the complete set and sell the Dinamic Duo or give them to my cousins.

Thanks for the heads up on the Bullock wave, Capt! Hope the Clayface wave hits stores in October or earlier.

It's supposed to be black, like his arms and legs, so definitely black.

8b3265f0737c51214b0cb4aabb9c7f4f.jpg

According to this picture, looks to me like it would be a dark grey, almost black. His legs and arms look to me to be black, with a grey highlight in this cel, and the belt buckle looks to be dark grey, with a black shadow cast underneath it.

According to this picture, looks to me like it would be a dark grey, almost black. His legs and arms look to me to be black, with a grey highlight in this cel, and the belt buckle looks to be dark grey, with a black shadow cast underneath it.

If you notice, the highlights in his arms and legs are that same exact dark grey that you see on the belt buckle. It's just the highlights and the angle they chose to light it. Because of the chosen design of the belt buckle, it needs extra highlights, or else it would look like a big black circle. Either way, I wouldn't care how they choose to paint it, as long as it's not the same grey as the torso. That looks dumb.

I find it beyond pointless to do that. You either properly announce the items or you don't.

If you don't want people to see your items, just don't bring them to the Con/Fair.
It's very unfair to customers. "Oh, the items are here, but you can't see haha". Seriously, just don't.

Or, if it's a secret and just the Press is alowed to see, don't spread the word to the general people.

Buzz/tease my a**. It pisses me off more than the delays.

The press people aren't supposed to talk about it. You see in the video interviews they do with the likes of Jim Fletcher and Kevin Kiniry that "there's a secret table we aren't allowed to talk about." It's just that, when those people get home, they don't seem to give a **** about not talking about it. They're probably unfinished prototypes, and, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were just paper cut outs with the 3D models on them, as they've done that before, too. Hell, they wound up having to do it with the Icons 7-pack Wonder Woman, even.

Just noticed a seller has the new Gordon wave in stock on UK eBay, although at an extremely overpriced £30 each!!!

But hopefully that means it won't be too long until that wave is out here properly. Can't wait to get Gordon, Ra's and Zatanna :D

Back