DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

The Kenner line will always have the nostalgic value that no other line will ever have (errors and all). It also gives it an authenticity that DCC, GG, Mezco just can't get. Even when using the same molds upsized or being screen accurate cannot recreate such a value. That doesn't instantly make them bad or unworthy toys or collectables of course but just without a certain charm.

For further reading please see the Hasbro Star Wars line!

oh yes. I got myself Ezra, Asoka and Darth Vader from the rebels line. they are cute in this tiny size. what was this size, 3" maybe? In gemany we use cm. should be about 8-10 cm.

yea the classics were cool. even though they weren't as accurate as someone wanted them to be, but we may not forget that they were supposed to be toys for kids and kids just wanna have fu-un (xD)

[Edit] But the size of the DCCs works fine for me. I have several figures of several manufacturies and series and stuff that have this size.

What kinda kill this line for me is the size, the bigest toys i have are the ninja turtles, then btas. When I read about this line years ago, I was looking forwad to have figures as the same size of the kenner.

Kenner did agood job, yes, some figures do not look exactly like the characters from the toon. Riddler´s face from BTAS is kinda chubby, Catwoman and Ivy have short necks, but there are other figures that look great. And I think Kenner even made a better job in the TNBA line, Riddler, Two Face, The Creeper, they are really cool figures.

still these figures were made for kids so we shouldn't be too nitpicky with them. personally I only think the joker was a complete fail. most others were acceptable.

I've been dusting my shelves and figures today, so I decided to have a little fun and play around with them! :D

Cool idea. Reminds me of the promotional art work from 1997 for Batman and Robin where the idea was a BTAS/Batman and Robin movie hybrid.

Batman and RObin.jpg

Thanks! And awesome, I've never seen those before. You always seem to dig up these little gems!

hahaha! I love it, sfa!

It's fun to see you do that, because I always think about those 4 films when looking at my BTAS figures, like "well, now I have Batman 89 and Returns complete, missing Two-Face for Forever" etc
:rotfl

So nostalgic...

Thanks!! :D

Yeah those original four films will always have a huge nostalgia factor for me too, and it was fun getting the animated figures together in their respective movie line-ups. Once we get complete sets of BTAS figures I might try this again with just those instead of the TNBA ones. Or maybe just BTAS for Burton and TNBA for Schumacher.

In my world there are no Batman Forever/Batman & Robin movies,what pieces of crap,thanks to that fool Schumacher!

Batman Forever is a great movie, and I think people forget how well received it was by critics at the time. Batman & Robin unfortunately sours Forever for many people though. I just accept B&R for what it is. Visually it's great though.

Speaking of Forever..... Anyone seen the images from the unreleased "BATMAN FOREVER: THE ANIMATED MOVIE"?

"Your entrance was good.... his was better. The difference? Showmanship!"

Not really though of course :p :rotfl I drew this just now inspired by that art Difabio posted earlier.

Seconded - Batman Forever is not only a great movie but a better Batman film than either of Tim Burton's movies on many levels.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I do like Batman Forever. Can't say that I love it as a whole, but I do like it.

There are some really good things about it, IMO:
I love Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne. I think he portrayed a troubled man really well. Love all of his scenes - the ones remembering his parents are very emotional, as are his scenes with Nicole Kidman's Chase, who did a fantastic job too - love her character. Bruce's scenes with D. Grayson are really good, too. Chris O'Donnell did a good job as Grayson/Robin in this film, too.
I said I love Kilmer as Bruce, but I just like him as Batman, though. He's not as good as Batman as he is as Bruce, IMO.

Visually, it's good, too, though I prefer Tim Burton's dark and gothic visual art better.
The sound is better than the visual art. I LOVE that opening score. Seriously, I love it.

That said, what ruined the film was its two villians.
Although I like Jim Carrey as Edward Nigma (I think he did a good job portraying an obsessed man), I hate him as The Riddler.
I hate Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face. Seriously, what is that? Which is really sad to me, as Face is my ultimate favorite Batman villian.

I give Forever a 2.5/4.

Cool idea. Reminds me of the promotional art work from 1997 for Batman and Robin where the idea was a BTAS/Batman and Robin movie hybrid.

View attachment 260426

Oh f! I was searching for these arts! I once had a poster in this style in a german issue of the Batman Adventures comic and I wanted more! didn't know what to search for without getting lots of "wrong" stuff... want more more MORE!!!!

and I don't care what people say about the B&R Movie. I liked it BECAUSE it was what it was. xD It had something special.
But I agree with Forever. oh boy....
Bruce shouting out "Hey Two-Face! I AM Batman!" (oh gosh, no....)

I liked the Burton Movies too. (even if I don't really like Keaton in general) BTAS is kind of inspired by them. and we all LOVE BTAS, don't we?

In my world there are no Batman Forever/Batman & Robin movies,what pieces of crap,thanks to that fool Schumacher!

Amen, dude! IMO, nothing beats Burton´s films.

Seconded - Batman Forever is not only a great movie but a better Batman film than either of Tim Burton's movies on many levels.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks,I needed a good laugh today!

Anyone ever notice in Batman Forever when Bruce asks Chase to the circus, and says "Tell me doctor, do you like the circus?" he has a lisp when he says "circus"? It's the oddest thing that I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else mention. It's definitely there, though.

Anyone ever notice in Batman Forever when Bruce asks Chase to the circus, and says "Tell me doctor, do you like the circus?" he has a lisp when he says "circus"? It's the oddest thing that I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else mention. It's definitely there, though.
Yes, noticed it in the theater and every single time I've seen it since. Considering most of the movie uses ADR and it could have been fixed, Schumacher in his infinite wisdom must have thought it was cute or something and decided to keep it that way. I still like the movie better than Return. Pfieffer and the batmobile are the only things that make that movie watchable.

what luck that I only watch German dubbings so I never have your problems =P
also german Voice Actors are WAY better than U.S. ones!

Back