DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

what luck that I only watch German dubbings so I never have your problems =P
also german Voice Actors are WAY better than U.S. ones!

Not 100% agree there. The original voice is usually way better as the actor is actually moving and feeling the role while he is speaking. Even if they have to retone a scene later, he will (usually) nevertheless put more of his actual intention in his voice. Best example from the last years was Ledger Joker (to stay in DC universe). The sync did a teriffic job (I am still amazed how similar the voices were). It was full of energy and you were really feeling the Joker. This was until you heard Ledgers original voice. That was creepy! You really felt Ledger becomming the Joker and becoming insane.
On the other hand the sync from DKR was way better. What were they thinking when they were giving Hardy a mask that was obviosly making it impossible for him to speak clearly. Most stupid voice ever. The German sync was at least a little better.

When you compare voice acting for movies like Toy Story, you will realise that the original voice is always a little more "special". Take Woody for example. While you have the German voice of Robin Williams for pt 1&2 (he passed away 4 weeks after Williams btw). And Bully (a German comedian) for part 3, you have Tom Hanks as the original voice. TOM HANKS! Buzz's original voice is Tim Allen btw. Von Hauff is doing an ok job, but there is nothing that can beat a duet of Hanks and Allen.

However I agree that German sync is pretty solid. Propably the best sync except for the original language. My advice: watch whenever you can the movie with original language. If you fear that you would not understand enough, watch it twice. First in german than original voice. You wont regret it. :duff

[...]My advice: watch whenever you can the movie with original language. If you fear that you would not understand enough, watch it twice. First in german than original voice. You wont regret it. :duff

Whenever I watch foreign language films -- usually Chinese and German -- I prefer the original language with subtitles whenever possible (Mein Deutsch ist immer noch schlect weil die Grammatik ist sehr schwer).

I like to hear the original rhythm and inflection, and for German it helps me learn. I remember what a shock it was to watch The Simpsons in German. Totally different experience because I grew up with the original voice actors. It wasn't done badly, it was just very different.

Ever watched a BTAS episode in english? I couldn't stand only one minute listening to conroy. and in Arkham Origins - Blackgate I HAVE to listen to this lifeless voice because there is no german dubbing for this game.
I agree with the bale movies because of Nathan's "smoker" voice acting in the Batman role. thanks god he doesn't do this in the Arkham Games. but speaking of, the german dubbing in the arkham games is nearly perfect. maybe not all, but the most of them.
but of all Actors Eberhard Haar is my most favourite Batman Voice (and he speaks Russle in Two and a half men xDDDD). He acts well as Both Bruce AND Batman. You hear him and you feel him. at least as I can say it for me. I really miss watching BTAS :'(

Tom Hanks spoke Woody in original Dub? not that I complain about the voice choice, but why didn't they use Williams in the original instead? or why didn't they use Hanks' german voice (thinking about I preffer William's german voice ^^; )
I still wonder why they changed the voices for part three. Williams and his german voice Actor were stiil alive at this time.

Ever watched a BTAS episode in english? I couldn't stand only one minute listening to conroy. and in Arkham Origins - Blackgate I HAVE to listen to this lifeless voice because there is no german dubbing for this game.
I agree with the bale movies because of Nathan's "smoker" voice acting in the Batman role. thanks god he doesn't do this in the Arkham Games. but speaking of, the german dubbing in the arkham games is nearly perfect. maybe not all, but the most of them.
but of all Actors Eberhard Haar is my most favourite Batman Voice (and he speaks Russle in Two and a half men xDDDD). He acts well as Both Bruce AND Batman. You hear him and you feel him. at least as I can say it for me. I really miss watching BTAS :'(

Tom Hanks spoke Woody in original Dub? not that I complain about the voice choice, but why didn't they use Williams in the original instead? or why didn't they use Hanks' german voice (thinking about I preffer William's german voice ^^; )
I still wonder why they changed the voices for part three. Williams and his german voice Actor were stiil alive at this time.

Lifeless voice of Conroy?? Really, to each his own I guess. Conroy IS the Batman, he is amazing!!

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

In German, different syllables are annunciated with more authority. It's a totally different experience than English. So, I can understand why you would prefer the voice actor in your first language.
Kevin Conroy is the preferred voice actor for Batman here in America. I was about eleven years old when this series debuted. I immediately was convinced that Conroy is the real Batman. I watched new episodes every Saturday morning; making this series close to my heart, and further defining Kevin Conroy as the Batman.

You sir, cannot be pleased.

I know it sounds that way, but not everyone likes Keaton as Batman (He's my favorite though).
Batmon is a forum member in Germany. I'm sure she grew up accustomed to the german voice actors and Conroy just sounds different to her. She is pleased with this series enough to collect the figs and share about it in this forum. She just prefers the German voice actors as opposed to the original English ones.

Can't believe what I'm reading! Lol
Trying to picture what Batman would sound like in German and all I can think of is Dee Bradley Baker as Klaus in a cowl

On a side note, has anyone been collecting any of the DC Icons figures? Haven't wanted to start on those, but I plan to get the Burnside Batgirl when it comes out at the end of the year, and was thinking about picking up the Death in the Family Joker figure that comes out next month, to go with it. Anyone know what the quality is like on the Icons line? Are there tons of issues like with this line and Designer Series, or are they pretty decent when it comes to QC? I never see anyone talking about Icons or Designer lines

In German, different syllables are annunciated with more authority. It's a totally different experience than English. So, I can understand why you would prefer the voice actor in your first language.
Kevin Conroy is the preferred voice actor for Batman here in America. I was about eleven years old when this series debuted. I immediately was convinced that Conroy is the real Batman. I watched new episodes every Saturday morning; making this series close to my heart, and further defining Kevin Conroy as the Batman.
I know it sounds that way, but not everyone likes Keaton as Batman (He's my favorite though).
Batmon is a forum member in Germany. I'm sure she grew up accustomed to the german voice actors and Conroy just sounds different to her. She is pleased with this series enough to collect the figs and share about it in this forum. She just prefers the German voice actors as opposed to the original English ones.

You know about German, Cicada? have you once lived there?
-
And thanks for your nice words. Yes it's true. I am accustomed to the german voice actors and their way to say the things. but this does not mean I didn't try listening to the english ones. it's just as you said. they sound so different.
one saturday morning "Kabel 1" aired an episode of the new Fantastic Four animated series in english by mistake. it was indeed funny to watch in original language but it was hard to understand without any subtitles. the only one I could understand clearly was Ben/The Thing, because he spoke slowly.

Can't believe what I'm reading! Lol
Trying to picture what Batman would sound like in German and all I can think of is Dee Bradley Baker as Klaus in a cowl

If you like to check the german voices you can do here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkYgPpe8hJ8
it's only a collection of scenes and BTAS and TNBA are mixed, but this is the only thing available in german and Voices for identical characters are the same of course.
I guess you wouldn't like the german dubbing as I don't like the English one, but you can at least throw an ear on it.

You guys (and girls) all are lucky. I bet you can rewatch the episodes when ever you want. we can't because they never came out on DVD or websides like youtube. even by serching for "GERMAN", you only find english clips. This link is the only german dubbed video I could find so far...

I once mentioned here that I'm fluent in both English and Brazilian Portuguese. Therefore, I'm used to BTAS in both languages.

I was first introduced to BTAS in Portuguese, and later to the original English version. Have to say that I do love both versions.
The Portuguese voices are terrific, especially voice actor Marcio Seixas voicing Bruce/Batman and the late Darcy Pedrosa as The Joker - his laugh is seriously amazing. I love both Kevin Conroy and Marcio Seixas as Batman, and both Mark Hamill and Darcy Pedrosa as The Joker.

If anyone is interested, here are the three final scenes of Mask of the Phantasm - including The Joker's final laugh - in Portuguese.
Seriously, Darcy Pedrosa gave The Joker such an amazing laugh.

My favorite part of BTAS were the sounds of the explosions,no matter what the language!

I am from latin america, I do like Conroy´s voice and I also like the venezuelan dubbing made for BTAS, our Batman's voice is deep and strong, all the voices are great too. Can't say the same thing for the dubbing in some other countries, at least the ones i have heard.

Joker´s voice is also great

Joker´s laugh at 2:33

On a side note, has anyone been collecting any of the DC Icons figures? Haven't wanted to start on those, but I plan to get the Burnside Batgirl when it comes out at the end of the year, and was thinking about picking up the Death in the Family Joker figure that comes out next month, to go with it. Anyone know what the quality is like on the Icons line? Are there tons of issues like with this line and Designer Series, or are they pretty decent when it comes to QC? I never see anyone talking about Icons or Designer lines

I just got into this line myself (thanks BTAS) because I wanted one definitive version of major characters. I've got Flash, Batman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Lex Luthor. Quality is pretty good, actually. Mostly clean paint lines. I think the Green Lantern is my favorite. He'll get even better with some of the ring constructs in the upcoming accessory packs. Luthor is pretty meh.

You know about German, Cicada? have you once lived there?
No, but I have a friend who was an exchange student from there. We had fun watching a lot of movies together. He moved back to Germany though.

No, but I have a friend who was an exchange student from there. We had fun watching a lot of movies together. He moved back to Germany though.

oh nice. he really felt in love with the country. (or maybe a girl? ;)

I think it is cool how so many different cultures can all be united by this one cartoon. Thanks to everyone for sharing the different versions!

oh nice. he really felt in love with the country. (or maybe a girl? ;)

Yeah, he talked about Germany all the time. The family he was staying with lived on my street here in Texas. He really liked my sister, so she invited him to my place to watch The Walking Dead with us each week. After the show, when my mom and sister left, he'd stay and we'd watch a movie. When the semester ended, he moved back to Germany. I'm friends with him on Facebook. He's got a beautiful girlfriend over there.

Back