DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I think we'll see wave 4 in January 2016.

So we probably won't see the 1992 Batman until this time next year? If it means we get better quality in the end, I guess I could wait another year. Now as for that upcoming Batmobile, that thing is already bought as far as I'm concerned!

What about re-releasing wave one with the upgraded quality?

Will prob get released later in a Boxset much like the Arkham Line....

I reckon IF they do re-release the wave 1 figures later down the line, they will undoubtedly be in a box set and very likely come without as many accessories. That way anyone who bought the original figures will still have a benefit from buying them.

I reckon IF they do re-release the wave 1 figures later down the line, they will undoubtedly be in a box set and very likely come without as many accessories. That way anyone who bought the original figures will still have a benefit from buying them.

They will come with accessories... The Arkham Batman boxset comes with accessories so why wouldn't these...

761941322483.JPG

batman-arkham-asylum-6-inch-action-figure-box-set-.jpg

Different/altered paintjob, for the rerelease. DC will make sure the first release is not repeated completely. Just like the BnW statue.

They will come with accessories... The Arkham Batman boxset comes with accessories so why wouldn't these...

I didn't say NO accessories, I said "without as many".

I highly doubt they'd include all the accessories the original figures came with in one box set. That's way too much to pack in. They'd more likely just release them as singles again if they were going to do that I reckon. If they do release them again as a box set, I bet they won't come with as many accessories as the original releases.

If they do re-release Wave 1 with better plastic, etc. it would be nice, at the very least, to offer some sort of discount program for people that bought them the 1st time around. Like a discount code given in exchange for our proof of purchase from the packaging. Something.

If people are happy with the ones they bought and had no problem putting down $20-$25 for original batches, why should they be reimbursed (partially) or given an exchange for better quality versions? It's not like anyone has been duped here. Hip holes were revealed early in the game. The breakage and QC reports on each figure occurred as they were released. Most sellers/distributors/retailers/shops and stores offer refunds. DCC can even be contacted for a refund or replacement with an inspected product swap (if they have them at their office facility).

Buying Wave 1 right now is a risk that everyone is aware of. You either take that chance or you don't.

If people are happy with the ones they bought and had no problem putting down $20-$25 for original batches, why should they be reimbursed (partially) or given an exchange for better quality versions? It's not like anyone has been duped here. Hip holes were revealed early in the game. The breakage and QC reports on each figure occurred as they were released. Most sellers/distributors/retailers/shops and stores offer refunds. DCC can even be contacted for a refund or replacement with an inspected product swap (if they have them at their office facility).

Buying Wave 1 right now is a risk that everyone is aware of. You either take that chance or you don't.
Yes. NOW everyone that frequents the forums, etc. ARE aware of it. But when we initially purchased them, we were not. I'm more concerned about the longevity of previously purchased figures breaking at anytime when you look at them funny.
And ANY company SHOULD be held accountable for shoddy product. There's just NO excuse when there are comparable price point, figures & companies using better, long lasting plastics.
Offering a Proof of Purchase discount program could STILL be profitable...it doesn't mean DCC have to take a bath on said discounts. AND it would be a nice, just gesture.
This is IF they re-release wave one with better plastic. It's great that DCC is offering refunds or exchanges, etc. But how is getting a replacement figure with the SAME shoddy plastic peace of mind? Just saying.

And I say these things as someone who IS happy with my Wave one. But the worry of them falling apart at anytime is there.

DC Collectibles won't offer any discount for buying Wave 1. Best bet would be a box set slight paint deco change, different bases to set them apart and they'll make the money from not only the people passing now but also from the people replacing.

Had a bit of a disaster last week. My five year old son got hold of Batman while I was at work, and my (slightly less, now) beloved Boxer chewed him up. Got a replacement today. So...if anyone got any bum parts that need replacing, shoot me a PM. I'll give up any of the parts minus the Batarang. Dog got that too.

As a side note, since I got a replacement, I decided to test the joints on the chewed up figure. Good lord, the shoulder joints are STRONG.

761941322483.JPG

batman-arkham-asylum-6-inch-action-figure-box-set-.jpg

I wonder if those combo packs are inferior to their individually-released counterparts. I remember way back buying the combo packs for the ToyBiz X-Men movie line that were so poor compared to their clamshell individuals. It's a sneaky way for companies to save money. (

I got the recent arkham origin combo pack and I can say compared to my single carded ao batman, it does seem cheaper.

I got the recent arkham origin combo pack and I can say compared to my single carded ao batman, it does seem cheaper.

Unfortunate but expected. Those X-Men figures I mentioned felt like they had cheaper and softer plastic, but what's the dead giveaway is the inferior paint apps. I guess the rule of thumb is to stay away from combo repacks. :slap

I found this picture of Roxy Rocket online showing off the rocket light up feature. Looks cool.

Really looking forward to this one. Not that keen on the rocket stand though.... Doesn't really fit in with the stands for regular figures.

Definitely in for Roxy Rocket--I never thought I'd see a figure of her, much less include the rocket.

Nice Rocket.

I hope in the batmobile....

Unfortunate but expected. Those X-Men figures I mentioned felt like they had cheaper and softer plastic, but what's the dead giveaway is the inferior paint apps. I guess the rule of thumb is to stay away from combo repacks. :slap

I've bought many of the DCDirect/DC Collectibles multi-packs, since they often include a repaint variant I'd like, as is the case with the mourning Harley up above. The quality has been identical to the individual releases. They're just repaints, no other shortcuts taken.

Back