DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Mattel's 6" TV Show '66 Batmobile was $50 bucks and seated 2 figures. They also made a huge electronic Tumbler for 5" figure that had lights, noise and pop up features for $30.

$100 is high, even with electronics. As long as the vehicle is quality though, I don't mind that price tag. Once I see Batman and Robin sitting in there, I'll probably forget all about the price. And like Sallah mentioned, it's just an MSRP. A lot of vendors will probably offer it for less. I know I got a '66 Batmobile for 20 bucks when they had it on sale on Amazon.

Sure, but the 66 Batmobile came out, what, a year and a half ago (by the time this comes out probably two years on the nose)? And it saw a mass market release (Toys R Us I know carried it - they're still trying to sell them for $60). Also, I think the original MSRP was more like $70ish, this article says BBTS was selling them for $89.99: Mattel Batman Classic 1966 TV Vehicle- The Batmobile | Action Figure Fury

Look at some of the other large scale, adult collectible vehicles released recently by US companies: the NECA Blade Fighter ($90-100) and MOTUC Battle Ram ($150 with figure). It's right in line with those (and they don't have electronics)

I wonder how they will deal with the capes though? Will it include cloth ones to put on Batman & Robin?

I'm thinking the simplest solution would be a panel that pops out that has a slot cut in it for capes

The TNBA Batman figure's Cape is pretty flexible. If the BTAS Batman & Robin figures have the same flexibility, I reckon they'd be able to fold under the figures when you sit them in the Batmobile.

Batmobile is a little stubby looking at the moment, but a must by for me. I also want to support them for going outside the box and actually producing a vehicle. Even Mattel didnt do that in all the years they were making DCSH/DCUC toys.

Also a little let down that Bane isnt the TAS version, like the poll indicated it could be

I haven't picked up any of the BTAS figures yet but this Batmobile and Mask of the Phantasm Two-Pack will no doubt be my first purchases for the line. This thing is going to be awesome.

Oh my dear lord. When I saw all of DCC's offerings today, I may or may not have peed a little. Okay, fine, I didn't, but, if anything could make me do it, these could. The Batmobile is incredible, and the figures, with the exception of Scarecrow, which is still kind of "meh," all look terrific. This line will be my doom.

I can't believe we're back to the days of DCDirect/Collectibles winning Toy Fair. Mattel was doing so great there for a while, and DCD had dropped off the map almost completely. Now they're giving us the best animated line to date (with a vehicle!) and trying out a new line that includes extra articulation and both classic and modern looks, similar to Mattel's DCUC. And DCC is finally addressing QC issues.

Anyway, this is another great showing of animated figures, and I'll be buying them all, as usual. I guess I need a new table for my Batmobile...

I'm cool with just the angry Batman headsculpt, but it would have been nice if they messed Batman up a little. He gets jacked up in Mask of the Phantasm.

image.jpg

Curious to see what the 2-packs packing will be like. Should be interesting.

OH, MY ******* GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

THAT PHANTASM!!! OMG!!

THAT "ANGRY" BATMAN!!

This line is absolutely terrific!!

Oh, Lord! How I wanted Batman TAS figures like these back in the 90's!!

@DiFabio

I found Phantasm's sickle a bit small for the figure, too. Hope it's just that photo/prototype.

But it's not that big either on the movie:
image.php

I think I know what's making the figure's sickle look small: the front part. It should be a bit longer.
The back part is fine.

Perhaps Kenner's sickle will fit perfectly on this new one. It was way too big for their tiny figure.

What do you think?

I'm cool with just the angry Batman headsculpt, but it would have been nice if they messed Batman up a little. He gets jacked up in Mask of the Phantasm.

View attachment 165833

Curious to see what the 2-packs packing will be like. Should be interesting.

Agreed, and I'd have probably keeled over if they also included toothless Joker with his Jetpack.

Only a matter of time before we see a trench coat/fedora wearing Joker and a Jetpack Joker.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm glad they've done a variation of BTAS Batman so quick. Hopefully that means that it's a quality figure that they milk until the end of time. I actually prefer the ears, chin and shape of the head to the wave 4 version. I think it's a good sign for Bloodied Batman, Gas Mask "Last Laugh" Batman, HARDAC Cyborg Batman . . .

Also, I think Toy Fairs will be a good indication of what Wave 2's final production figures will look like. After seeing the Phantasm and BTAS Batman (which actually look like test samples, not early prototypes), I have a good feeling the hip holes are extinct.

Only a matter of time before we see a trench coat/fedora wearing Joker and a Jetpack Joker.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm glad they've done a variation of BTAS Batman so quick. Hopefully that means that it's a quality figure that they milk until the end of time. I actually prefer the ears, chin and shape of the head to the wave 4 version. I think it's a good sign for Bloodied Batman, Gas Mask "Last Laugh" Batman, HARDAC Cyborg Batman . . .

I thought the same thing. Hopefully, it's an indication that they may have changed the Wave 4 proportions a bit. As far as the gas mask goes, I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't include that as an accessory with the wave 4 Batman.

Also, I think Toy Fairs will be a good indication of what Wave 2's final production figures will look like. After seeing the Phantasm and BTAS Batman (which actually look like test samples, not early prototypes), I have a good feeling the hip holes are extinct.

They said that there would be a "controversial" announcement at TF, as well, from what I understand, so, perhaps, they'll resolicit the wave 1 figures sans the hip holes.

Yup.. . .

I'd probably rebuy them with the improved plastic and design, honestly. It wouldn't be too big a loss since I got these on sale around Christmas.

I needs me some HARDAC Batman. This was my stand in as a kid because of the empty, lifeless eyes:

01.jpg

They said that there would be a "controversial" announcement at TF, as well, from what I understand, so, perhaps, they'll resolicit the wave 1 figures sans the hip holes.

Ya know.... Seeing that new head on the Batman 2-pack makes me think that doing something similar with a possible reissue of Wave 1 (sans hip holes) might be a better idea than a straight re-do. If you just do the exact same figures with better QC and no hip holes, a lot of people that bought Wave 1 already are going to feel burned. BUT... if you made those original releases unique by putting new facial expressions on the ressiues, the folks that bought them originally wouldn't feel so slighted, and you could switch out the heads of the original figures if you preferred those to the new.

Sallah

Also a little let down that Bane isnt the TAS version, like the poll indicated it could be

I still don't quite understand their hard on for NBA. To me, this line should be TAS focused, with an occasional NBA variant.

The poll was for the characters that hasn't been planned/made for Vol 5 and possibly 6 yet :)

Back