DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

NY toy fair is in a couple of day, there should be some more news(and teases) soon!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice.

- Phantasm and angry Batman look awesome. I'm glad they gave Phantasm male proportions (even though "he's" really a chick). Takes me back to '93 where I actually thought Phantasm was a dude. Very cool. The right arm looks like it's too short and has a stub though.

- Love the Mad Hatter, he looks fantastic.

- Batmobile, very cool cockpit. Love that it can seat Batman and Robin. The design and proportions look funky as hell though. I'm assuming it looks weird because they had to adjust the design and proportions to fit Batman and Robin. Still, I'd rather have a two sweater than no two sweater at all. As sleek and well sculpted as the Kenner Batmobile is (and I do think the proportions on that one are better), it always bugged me that Robin couldn't fit in there. The deplorable jet plane was cool, but not essential.

$99 is outrageous, but expected.

If DCD has improved their products quality control by the time these 4 figures/vehicles come out, and all of them are well made. I'll buy multiples of Phantasm/Batman, Mad Hatter, and The Batmobile.

Holy. Crap.

This line is insane.

Sallah

I knew it! I knew that teaser was the Batmobile!! I can't believe I'm actually seeing it though.... It looks amazing!!! That cockpit is stunning. And multiple light up features!! There's just no words.....

The other reveals are amazing too - but the Batmobile just blows them away. I hope we get to see more pics of this with the light up features over the weekend!

Love seeing the new stuff but hope the QC issues are taken care of by then.

$99 is outrageous, but expected.

Really? I thought it would be more. Seems cheap for a 6" scale vehicle that seats two figures and has light up features.

Really? I thought it would be more. Seems cheap for a 6" scale vehicle that seats two figures and has light up features.

You will probably find it cheaper than that at some places too... That is just the MSRP. The figures carry an MSRP of $24.95, but many places are selling them for as low as $19.95.

Sallah

Mattel's 6" TV Show '66 Batmobile was $50 bucks and seated 2 figures. They also made a huge electronic Tumbler for 5" figure that had lights, noise and pop up features for $30.

$100 is high, even with electronics. As long as the vehicle is quality though, I don't mind that price tag. Once I see Batman and Robin sitting in there, I'll probably forget all about the price. And like Sallah mentioned, it's just an MSRP. A lot of vendors will probably offer it for less. I know I got a '66 Batmobile for 20 bucks when they had it on sale on Amazon.

now all I want is BTAS Poison Ivy ! :D

Mattel's 6" TV Show '66 Batmobile was $50 bucks and seated 2 figures. They also made a huge electronic Tumbler for 5" figure that had lights, noise and pop up features for $30.

$100 is high, even with electronics. As long as the vehicle is quality though, I don't mind that price tag. Once I see Batman and Robin sitting in there, I'll probably forget all about the price. And like Sallah mentioned, it's just an MSRP. A lot of vendors will probably offer it for less. I know I got a '66 Batmobile for 20 bucks when they had it on sale on Amazon.

That '66 Batmobile was honestly junk though, looking back at it. Felt cheap- hollow, with rubbery console parts and very little paint. Mattel robbed people for $50 on it.

I have no doubt that this will be a BEAST.

I wonder how they will deal with the capes though? Will it include cloth ones to put on Batman & Robin?

Sallah

Yeah, I thought $50 was asking way too much for that '66 Batmobile for the same reasons. For the price it was definitely chintzy. Hopefully that isn't the case with this DCD Animated vehicle. I'm hoping it will be well worth the price tag.

As for the capes, I'm surprised they didn't include "half capes" for Batman and Robin with the vehicle specs. Maybe they'll come with the single figures? I'm sure DCD has already thought it through. Their quality control might not be the best, but the've certainly given serious though on features and accessories. I'm sure they'll have those covered somewhere. Worst case, Batman and Robin sit in there capeless OR if the singles come with alternate capes, we cut them in half to sit in the Batmobile. The capes are certainly thin and soft enough.

Oh my! All that stuff looks pretty awesome!! Bane and Nightwing also look good. Man, that batmobile is going to look awesome with the figures!! I don't know how else they can top that.

Holy *** I almost crapped my pants when I saw that batmobile, that will definitely hook me to collect these.

I bet there will be more Batwing,Batcyle,BatBoat!!!!

Back