DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Would any one care if these only had 8 points of articulation but were made better/more durable? Still the same sculpts, hands and accessories by Irene Matar but less joints?

I want the articulation. Size, articulation and accessories are the selling points, and of course the source material.

I really, really hope I just had bad luck with mine. I have no choice but to exchange it for another, as is their store policy, but before trying to move the joints I'm dropping her in hot water till the joints feel pliable. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Total bummer.

Yeah, let us know how it goes.

A blow dryer also works, I used to do that with Toy Biz figures when I had stuck joints and it worked like a charm. Still, with these breaks I think they happen regardless. My Batman's ankle was hanging by a thread. I don't think heating it up would have helped the way it shattered and came undone. Still worth a try Flosi, hope you get a good one.

My Batman was the same, but Catwoman had some promise. It was the joints being stuck that messed it up... Anyway, perhaps paint is the issue? Hopefully I'm the only one. :(

People on the fwoosh and DCC facebook pages are having the same problem with Catwoman's elbows. One guy supposedly opened it up in front of the comic store owner and it broke right in front of them (after he had the Batman problem).

Sallah and others got a good one though, so it's obviously not all of them. I'm not going to test the waters after the luck I had last week, so I'm not going to open mine and find out. Maybe it is the peg in the socket that's doing the damage. If it were the paint, I would assume it would flake off? What did it look like when they ripped?

Would any one care if these only had 8 points of articulation but were made better/more durable? Still the same sculpts, hands and accessories by Irene Matar but less joints?

I wouldn't mind basic articulation. As long as the arms, elbows, legs and knees have articulation, I think it's fine and it qualifies as action figure. I've never been a huge fan of the over articulated figures. I like them if they look good, but I have no use for all that articulation, but I don't like statues either, or the old neca figures with just the upper body articulation.

took some quick pics.catwomans ankle is designed much better then batman.but damn her elbow joints almost seem like its been put on backwards.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 381
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 374

Got my catwoman today. No quality control problems, thank goodness - - however, really strange looking eyes even in person - they look like Irene sculpted where the eye paint was supposed to go but the paint designer failed to match the paint up with the sculpt or something -- - and her neck is SUPER long!

Hurry up and bring on Joker, Robin, and Man Bat because this underwhelming first wave is kind of scary when you consider how hyped up this line was and how many people were looking forward to it.

Love your screen name, Clock King! My son loves that character.

So are your elbows able to move okay? A friend of mine here on the board says his are fine.

Your son has very good taste in super villains ;)

My Catwoman is super stiff and the elbows don't move very much - just a tiny bit of a bend or just a straight arm. I wanted her to hold her binoculars up to her eyes - - not a chance lol

I know i sound too negative and i hate to - but this plastic isn't compatible with the ambitious articulation they wanted to offer us. These figures are DEFINITELY not to be put in the hands of children. I feel like the only reason why my TNBA Batman and BTAS Catwoman have not broken yet is because i'm not pushing my luck with their incredibly stiff joints.

I mean, listen to how squeaky and snappy the plastic sounds when you just barely try to move them around a little . . . Get some WD 40 on these things haha

Sad to hear about the QC problems. Especially with the stylized designs, these figures needed to be high quality to hold up. I think I'll skip this line now. I have been fully invested in the Capullo line, but the ankles are so weak none of my figures can stand up and hold a pose.

I'd actually be very happy if they'd gone with less articulation like this. The legs in particular would have benefited from DCC's usual t-crotch style joints for aesthetic purposes. Also it seems these figures would have benefited from no ankle joints too.

It's funny, they chose the BTAS line to go all out on articulation when it's animated styling is crying out for LESS cut lines and visible joints.

Yeah, you definitely have to take precautions when moving the joints the first time... But once they are all worked out, I think the figures rock. :)

catpreview.jpg

Sallah

yeah her wrist joint is fragile but once you carefully loosen them up and just be gentle when posing her.she is a great figure.Highly suggest looking for these in stores instead of buying online.

Attachments

• cat1.JPG
    cat1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 444
  • cat2.JPG
    cat2.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 435

I am really looking forward to Mr.Freeze and Man-Bat.

I'd actually be very happy if they'd gone with less articulation like this. The legs in particular would have benefited from DCC's usual t-crotch style joints for aesthetic purposes. Also it seems these figures would have benefited from no ankle joints too.

It's funny, they chose the BTAS line to go all out on articulation when it's animated styling is crying out for LESS cut lines and visible joints.

:goodpost: Completely agree. I love the show, and initially had these on pre-order, but cancelled several months ago. I'm glad I did. The pin holes ruin a lot of the aesthetic for me and the QC problems seem far worse than NECA's - which is saying something. It's really sad that such fantastic designs couldn't have been realized in figure form by a more reliable company.

Decided . . what the heck . . . started playing with my TNBA batman because i was tired of having to treat him like a delicate statue . . . ankle snapped right off instantly. super glued the foot back on >_<

Back