DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Wow. All the breaks have me thinking twice about this line. DCD has been plagued with this problem for years...looks like things haven't changed much...

Hate hearing that the breaks are happening so often and with both figures released so far. Ugly peg hole issue aside, I'd want to display this series out of the packaging but think I'll have to pass if I can't trust that they won't break trying to pose them. I can't wait to see the in-hand pics of Freeze though. Hopefully they'll sort out the holes and joint issues by then.

They had better get their stuff together because lots and lots of people will be scared away - - this line will go up in flames before it even got going if all of the excited, hyped up fans abandon it because of all of this breakage. DC Collectibles wants to "Go Deep" and make as many characters from both versions as possible . . . but sales will not be what they need to do that if everyone starts thinking twice and passing on this.

Well, I took the plunge. For $12.50 each, I couldn't resist. Batman seems clean enough. The briefs aren't perfect, but, with only two sets to choose from, I'm not picky. I'm still deciding if I want to open them or not, though. Part of me wants to go back and get the second set to keep MIC, but part of me doesn't want to open these, at all. It's kind of like a Schroedinger's cat scenario, in a way. In the package, there's the potential for them to be perfect or broken, so, they're both perfect and broken. I'll post some pics later.

Well, I took the plunge. For $12.50 each, I couldn't resist. Batman seems clean enough. The briefs aren't perfect, but, with only two sets to choose from, I'm not picky. I'm still deciding if I want to open them or not, though. Part of me wants to go back and get the second set to keep MIC, but part of me doesn't want to open these, at all. It's kind of like a Schroedinger's cat scenario, in a way. In the package, there's the potential for them to be perfect or broken, so, they're both perfect and broken. I'll post some pics later.

BAZINGA!

Bought catwoman. Awesome figure. Feels like it'll break if you play with it to much. I'm only picking up the Animated Series figures. Not as big on the New Adventures. I was scared away at first with the quality issues, but saw her at comic shop and couldn't resist. I hope they fix these issues before the line sinks. I want it to last a long time.

Where'd you get these so cheap?

My local comic shop had a big Black Friday sale. 50% off all action figures.

Good news, guys. My second Catwoman moved much better with the help of hot water. It might be a good idea to do this before moving the joints from now on, though this wouldn't have done a thing for my Batman ankle, TBH. Also, don't go to high with Catwoman's elbows.

I couldn't resist buying the other set at this price. Now, I can keep one carded and one loose. Providing I don't experience any trouble with the loose ones, I may just sell the second set for Two-Face and Mr. Freeze.

Easily my new favorite line. :lecture

15876165636_c016077eee_c.jpg

Picked up Batman today- love it! Is Robin out yet?

Even after I got the second set, I still don't know whether I want to open the first or not. I guess I'm just worried about the breakage; Murphy's law and all that jazz, but, I don't know. There's something wonderfully surreal about it. That series was a huge part of my childhood, and, seeing these just takes me back. I Guess it's the way they've been done, as well. Between the quality of the figures and the subject matter (not "QC" quality, mind you, but all of the accessories and the level of accuracy, and so forth), it's just too damn cool.

If you dip the limbs in hot water, will that mitigate the risk of breakage? Or are breakages due to shoddy materials/poor construction?

Even after I got the second set, I still don't know whether I want to open the first or not. I guess I'm just worried about the breakage; Murphy's law and all that jazz, but, I don't know. There's something wonderfully surreal about it. That series was a huge part of my childhood, and, seeing these just takes me back. I Guess it's the way they've been done, as well. Between the quality of the figures and the subject matter (not "QC" quality, mind you, but all of the accessories and the level of accuracy, and so forth), it's just too damn cool.
Yep. It's just like when the old figures from the series were on the pegs at the store...even it you already had them, you just wanted to buy them again. These figures are the crack cocaine of our hobby.

Just picked up my Batman from the local comic shop. My camera is acting up at the moment otherwise I would post pictures. Impressive the amount of detail that went into this figure. I'm looking forward to 1992 Animated Batman. So are they releasing a new figure each week with this line? I overheard some people saying that either Mr. Freeze or Two-Face is coming next week.

Well i can gladly report that my BTAS Catwoman survived a 4 year old LOL

My little niece went into my office and found her displayed on my shelf without me noticing and started playing like crazy with her and isis - and i mean it was like BOOM BOOM BOOM! and when she was done i was expecting to see Catwoman in pieces . . . but nope! She is still in perfect condition! Wow!

She later found my TNBA Batman and thought about playing with him but i told her "His ankle just snapped and his foot broke off!" and she was like . . "well that's stupid!" and went on about her playing elsewhere.

Back