DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Another great review, Sallah! So, do you think the joints should be okay after a soak in hot water or a hair dryer? Also, how long, and at what temperature is it typically okay to heat these figures for? These are my first 1/12th scale figures in years, so, I'm not exactly schooled on what's customary for these things, and I want to make sure that it's hot enough to loosen everything up, but, at the same time, I don't want to damage them at all.

I very much agreed with your sentiment about holiday themed figures. I'd love a Christmas with The Joker figure or box set with the Christmas sweater, Betty Blooper doll, an alternate "Laughy" the elf hand (maybe a couple with different expressions), Batman's "gift," and maybe an alternate head with either the Santa hat or the puppet mask. I say "box set," though, because I think it's be awesome if they included non-articulated, "gift wrapped" Gleeson, Gordon, and Bullock figures/statuettes. Hell, as the line got going, you could maybe stand to do some of those seasonal episodes every year. A Santa Bullock and Elf Montoya two-pack from TNBA would be a good one.:lol

Nice review Sallah, really enjoyed it. I can't say I share your enthusiasm or excitement, but I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune if I wasn't burned by that broken Batman.

I will say this, I agree with you about Wave 4. I can't wait to get '92 Batman along with Penguin and Riddler. It's going to be big.

Nope, second week of December.

55c7b7ae-1f97-4615-b645-0030474ee7b2_zps8a7715f2.png

Thanks! Freehand painting a bat symbol is the hardest thing I've ever done.

I greatly appreciate how you painted the inside of his cape blue. Combat Belt Batman just had a plain black cape and it was the one detail stopping him from being the perfect animated Batman. I'm hoping DC Collectibles gives his cape the blue lining on the inside like Robin has the yellow lining. Just a detail that makes the look of him really POP!

I greatly appreciate how you painted the inside of his cape blue. Combat Belt Batman just had a plain black cape and it was the one detail stopping him from being the perfect animated Batman. I'm hoping DC Collectibles gives his cape the blue lining on the inside like Robin has the yellow lining. Just a detail that makes the look of him really POP!

Thanks, dude! I appreciate your appreciation.

:wave

Not sure how accurate those dates are.... Our last update at my shop had wave 2 pushed back until March.

Be great if it was still December though!

Sallah

Yeah; unfortunately there seem to be a lot of rumours that wave 2 will be pushed back, but until there's a solid date announced by a reputable source the list will stick to the projected release date (i don't update the list; i assume that's how it works). But it's safer to assume the figures will indeed be pushed back and march seems quite likely.

Wave 2 -my most anticipated...the Joker! Then it'll be TAS Batman.

Back