DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

That's Justice League Joker I think.

Looks way better than TNBA.

JLU/Batman Beyond Joker > TNBA Joker

I would hope that we'd get a JLU/Batman Beyond version of Joker later down the line, that was a really good design that felt modern enough yet took some cues from his BTAS design. Hell I'd like to get Terry as Batman and maybe even Shriek, Inque, Spellbinder and Blight at some point.

I honestly found Ra's intriguing, but he was never one of my major favorites. Batman Begins somewhat changed my view though, which doesn't really say much considering how much they trimmed the character (for the better, imo).

That would be a great Two Pack or exclusive set. BB ROTJ Joker with Time Drake jokerized!
Little J 015.jpg

I wonder how far they're willing to go to give us non-Batman universe characters who just happened to appear on the show. Obviously they're willing to travel down that road to some degree because they have plans to produce Creeper, but what about the other DC characters who guest-starred? Etrigan and Klarion the Witch Boy would be amazing to have in animated style. So would Jonah Hex. (And what about Superman--in a Batman outfit?) I'd take them before Creeper, certainly, who never struck me as a good fit with the show.

I have a good feeling about the likelihood of box sets, now that it's been confirmed that the figures will all be episode-specific. Return of the Joker is pretty high up on that list.

I actually loved the episode with the Creeper!
If they're going through the episodes, I wonder if "Legends Of The Dark Knight" will get some kind of treatment. It would be cool the get those different versions of Batman, Robin, Joker, the Mutant leader, etc.
The possibilities are really endless. "Fake" Harley from "Joker's Millions" (along with Dini Harley and more).

That would be a great Two Pack or exclusive set. BB ROTJ Joker with Time Drake jokerized!
I swear, as hammy as it seemed, the whole Tim Drake/Joker plot of BB:ROTJ was appropriately crazy as hell (loved Hamill's performance) and it made for a clever way to bring back the legacy of Joker as an entity force than as a literal character revival. Made for a cool yet simple design too, not to mention we actually got a Joker that could properly fight.

A "Legends of the Dark Knight" set is an instant buy for me--not just for the different Batmen but hopefully also a Carrie Kelly Robin. I wonder how the Sprang Batman and Robin from that episode would look as part of this line?

Seriously, I'm more excited for this line than anything else right now.

Etrigan and "Uncle Jason" would be a cool set. I loved that episode.

I actually loved the episode with the Creeper!
If they're going through the episodes, I wonder if "Legends Of The Dark Knight" will get some kind of treatment. It would be cool the get those different versions of Batman, Robin, Joker, the Mutant leader, etc. The possibilities are really endless. "Fake" Harley from "Joker's Millions" (along with Dini Harley and more).

Oh man, that would be awesome!! I totally forgot about that episode. The golden age batman and Joker would be a must!!!

Yeah...this line has something for everyone, if you're not a completest.
I WANT THEM ALL !

This will be the first line to bring me back to smaller, plastic figures in YEARS!!!

Speaking of **** Sprang, did anyone see Alex Ross' Batman 75th Anniversary painting he did for SDCC? I adore it:

batman-75th-full.jpg

I like Alex's work but think that piece is a color & compositional disaster.
His recent Batman/Green Hornet work is spectacular! You should check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the new DC Collectible figures are available for pre order on BBTS, but they don't have Harley for some reason? The other figures come out next February, so that means series 3 of BTAS probably comes out next February as well.

I like Alex's work but think that piece is a color & compositional disaster.
His recent Batman/Green Hornet work is spectacular! You should check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I adore his Batman/GH covers. I wish they'd make some prints, but I just love the insanity of someone with such a realistic style as Ross tackling something as stylized as Sprang.

So the new DC Collectible figures are available for pre order on BBTS, but they don't have Harley for some reason? The other figures come out next February, so that means series 3 of BTAS probably comes out next February as well.

Well that's a relief gives my wallet to breathe for about 2 months after series 2... so I wonder if we will get a new line every 3 months or what...

Man, so many characters to choose from! Personally I'd love to see Bullock more than others. I'd slap myself in disbelief if they came up with the Creeper or Etrigan first. :lol

Back