DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Finally, articulated, well-sculpted figures from my favorite interpretation of Batman of all time. I've got my fingers crossed that this line does well enough to continue as long as the Arkham series. There are so many characters I would love to see from the first series as well as New Adventures. They've got my support for the life of this line. This announcement plus the Lil' Gotham line makes a great start to Toy Fair!

I'm sure this will be like their Arkham lines. We'll see 20 something Batmen figures with different colors and gimmick accessories. :lol

As long as we get the Classic BTAS figure, anything else is a bonus. I'd buy the "first" suit figure that was shown in flashback episodes like Robin's Reckoning, The Mechanic and the Mask of the Phantasm movie. I really dug how that looked.

BTAS-TNBA.jpg

Retro Batman from the Kenner line is one of my favorite figures because the look is so unique.

retrobatman.jpg

I'd also buy a HARDAC Batman from "His Silicon Soul", that'd be cool in 6" form while making use of the body tool.

BTASHARDAC.jpg

Those android episodes were awesome. Particularly because of William Sanderson (EB Farnum on Deadwood) being the basis for Karl Rossum.

I hope this opens the doors for Batman Beyond, later on. Old Bruce in the suit, older Bruce, Terry, etc.

Really excited for these. I've cut out most 6 inch figures but these would be a must have. Love the designs so far. Catwoman looks awesome :)

I agree how DC Collectibles is marketing these...and not just the for the fact that I really do prefer the newer TNBA designs over BTAS, but why would you put your Golden Goose of the series at the front end of the line. If this series is to go the distance, they have to save characters they know the fans will buy in later waves and I don't mean just the supporting characters or Rogues Gallery villians. This means they can dip into ALL the Batman Animated stuff from Phantasm to the Freeze movie, hell even a Mystery of the Batwoman. Not to mention Superman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and the Justice League. Maybe even Static Shock!!! All of the mentioned was ONE continuity. That's what made it so badass!!! I mean how could they NOT make a classic BTAS Batman, gangly yellow oval and all? I mean I WILL buy at least a couple.

I will also buy a couple Mr. Freeze's!!! I mean who doesn't think spider-head Mr. Freeze isn't cool?

I will also buy a couple Mr. Freeze's!!! I mean who doesn't think spider-head Mr. Freeze isn't cool?

Well, I don't think anyone thinks he is cool, if that's what you meant.:lol

"You better watch yourself."

...or what???? That's my opinion tha's all...take it or leave it. I'm happy to tell you as why and I do revere the "classic" version. It's just that prefer the newer designs over the older.

Well, I don't think anyone thinks he is cool, if that's what you meant.:lol

Well you would be wrong, because I do...Not to say it has to be your favorite, but you mean to tell me you don't appreciate the creepiness of it?!?

I was just kidding. :lol

Well you would be wrong, because I do...Not to say it has to be your favorite, but you mean to tell me you don't appreciate the creepiness of it?!?

Damn, you, sir, are very defensive over The New Adventures. Like DiFabio said, we're just messing around. Seriously, though, I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Having Freeze's body slowly erode away, but, at the same time, leaving only the head was what made me a little weary. If it had been like the extended universe Darth Maul or something (where his upper half is on the body), I could see it, but how can the head (and, by extension, brain) operate with no heart? That being said, I suppose it's a given in a show where a dude whose entire body is made of Clay can function, and I still hope they include it with the upcoming Freeze figure; it'd be a neat accessory. :duff:

Pass on those TNBA designs, what a shame. That's pretty lame of them to start with that Batman, Two-Face and Mr. Freeze.

I'll get Catwoman though and wait for these,

BTAS.jpg

What he said :lecture

I hope they'll do the Batmobile too.

Yup, that's it. Still have the 4" from way back. Of course I'd have to have the classic version as well!

LOL Look at Joker

I collected the hell out of the original B:TAS line in the early '90s. I'll be tempted by these, but I have no place for 6"ish plastic toys in my collection anymore, so I. . .must. . .resist. . .they'll just sit in a box if I end up buying.

LOL Look at Joker

I collected the hell out of the original B:TAS line in the early '90s. I'll be tempted by these, but I have no place for 6"ish plastic toys in my collection anymore, so I. . .must. . .resist. . .they'll just sit in a box if I end up buying.

That's another good thing about DCC, lately; their boxes are (mostly) collector friendly.

Back