DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

USA Today has a story up on them too... I have a feeling this line is going to be REALLY popular-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-dini-batman-animated-action-figures/5456233/

Sallah

Wow Bruce Timm is so full of **** :lol "I will readily admit that some of the character we designed in the revamp weren't as successful as others, but I think 80% of the characters were vastly improved on the second go-round." 80% of The New Adventure designs were better? I know it's all subjective, but come on! That's not true and I hope this doesn't mean they are focusing more on TNA.

I think the best thing about this announcement (and, possibly, the worst thing, depending on how you look at it) is that these are coming from DC Collectibles. The one thing they're known for is being thorough. They've done pretty much every Arkham character in the series, and they're known for long running series. The Alex Ross Justice League line went for 8 or 9 (possibly 10) series, their Superman/Batman figures went, I think, 5, and tackled multiple arcs; these guys know how to fill up a line, and, especially with something as popular as this, I think we may all wind up taking our wallets to the hospital.

Wow Bruce Timm is so full of **** :lol "I will readily admit that some of the character we designed in the revamp weren't as successful as others, but I think 80% of the characters were vastly improved on the second go-round." 80% of The New Adventure designs were better? I know it's all subjective, but come on! That's not true and I hope this doesn't mean they are focusing more on TNA.

To be fair, from his perspective, it probably helped quite a bit. Sleeker, crisper details are probably way easier to animate, and, probably, translate to action better than the detailed, Fleisher-esque character models of TAS. I'm not saying they are better, and, like you said, I do disagree with him, but there is a certain element that's different from our perspectives, I think.

Haha Yea, I mean Timm even describes the new designs as simpler and I just don't see how that makes them better. It just made them more generic. Nothing beats the original series' animation style.

To be fair, from his perspective, it probably helped quite a bit. Sleeker, crisper details are probably way easier to animate, and, probably, translate to action better than the detailed, Fleisher-esque character models of TAS. I'm not saying they are better, and, like you said, I do disagree with him, but there is a certain element that's different from our perspectives, I think.

:goodpost: Yeah, I can see that.

I think the best thing about this announcement (and, possibly, the worst thing, depending on how you look at it) is that these are coming from DC Collectibles. The one thing they're known for is being thorough. They've done pretty much every Arkham character in the series, and they're known for long running series. The Alex Ross Justice League line went for 8 or 9 (possibly 10) series, their Superman/Batman figures went, I think, 5, and tackled multiple arcs; these guys know how to fill up a line, and, especially with something as popular as this, I think we may all wind up taking our wallets to the hospital.

Definitely good news! If they are known for long lasting lines, good, because that means we can get the core characters :yess:

I'm soooo glad they did the original animated Catwoman! :yess:

It's disappointing to hear that Mr. Freeze and Two-Face are going to be from the New Adventures.. nothing beats the original animated versions..

MrFreeze_btas.jpg

two_face_piece.jpg

:lol

80% better? He said that? More like 10%. The only ones are maybe Scarecrow, Penguin, Bane and Batgirl. Though I like the revised BTAS Scarecrow quite a bit.

BTAS Batman > TNBA Batman
BTAS Robin > TNBA Robin and Nightwing
BTAS Joker > TNBA Joker
BTAS Catwoman > TNBA Catwoman
BTAS Two-Face > TNBA Two-Face
BTAS Riddler > TNBA Riddler
BTAS Freeze > TNBA Spider Freeze
BTAS Ivy > TNBA Ivy
BTAS Clayface > TNBA Clayface

BTAS Harley = TNBA Harley

Yeah, I really hope that doesn't mean that for every 3 TNBA figures we only get 1 BTAS. I know beggars can't be choosers, but the overall preference has got to be the classic 1992 designs over the revamps from 1997.

I know beggars can't be choosers, but the overall preference has got to be the classic 1992 designs over the revamps from 1997.

I thought that was common knowledge?

Who's in charge of R&D?? :gah:

My most anticipated line of 2014 WAS the 1990 movie classics TMNT figures, but now THIS is my most anticipated line of 2014. I will skip all the Capullo stuff too.

Nightwing is better than Robin by default. He was a superhero with a mullet; that's as badass as it get, Fabio.

After working on the Superman series "That inspired me to go back and redesign everybody on Batman and push it even further and make it simpler and more angular,"Timm says. Well, I guess this explains why Two Face didn't have a nose :lol

1st off ..... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love, love, love, love Batman: The Animated Series so I'm incredibly excited about these. Obviously, I would have preferred the original Batman offered 1st but I guess I'll have to wait.

Now, ponder this fellow Freaks. DC Collectibles is doing 6 inch figures. Could NECA be far behind with a 1/4 version?
Is lousy Mattel out of the 6 inch DC figure game and now other companies have their chance?
Here's hoping!

I'm in. My parents wouldn't buy me the batmobile when I was a kid. Well just look at me now...

If DCC ever gets into the vehicle and play set business, we are all royally boned.:lol

Kind of sucks that we have to wait until November for these and we only get four figures. I was thinking we'd get a couple waves a year and maybe the first set in late summer and the second by winter or so. On top of that only one is from Batman: The Animated Series and the others are from The New Batman Adventures, it would have been nice to at least get two of each. Oh well, I'll still pick them up. I wonder if DC Collectibles will at least consider a Batmobile. I know vehicles aren't usually their thing but it would be a cool piece to go with the figures.

Silly that Catwoman is the first produced though. Should hsve been the Bat.

Silly that Catwoman is the first produced though. Should hsve been the Bat.

Or The Joker :wink1: I think they know people are going to buy these no matter what, but at the same time, it's kind of risky because I would hate for the line not to sell well or get cancel and for us not to get TAS core characters. They should have started the line with TAS Batman, Robin, Joker and Catwoman just in case...but what do I know.

Would love to see them do the blue and grey suit too from the early season of the animated series.
I love the original KENNER release and cannot wait for this release :D

Back