DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hot Damn! I'll be getting all of the ones in TAS style. Going to pass on the New Adventures, because most of those redesigns were terrible, though a couple of the stories were awesome. Also want a Bullock figure!

An Almost Got Him dimorama is in the future methinks.

I like that they are showing that version... Lets me know they plan on doing figures based on both styles. :)

I have no doubt these will be a monstrous hit and we will see the original style Batman fairly soon after.

Sallah

When I first saw the picture, I was worried, but, then, I saw the clear "New Batman Adventures" and "Animated Series" labels in the video; it made me very happy to know that they know the difference.

Looks promising will be getting those.

So, the big question, are these figures in scale with the other 7" figures ( New 52, Capullo, Arkham, etc.)?

It's not kenner, so I don't see why DC Collectibles would make them smaller than their regular 6-7 inch figures?

Well, regardless, this was quite a surprising announcement. Also, did anyone see that video? The Capullo figures look amazing, as well, but, when you pair them with the announcement of these, the only thing I could think of was that DC's really playing hardball at the New York Toy Fair.

Pass on those TNBA designs, what a shame. That's pretty lame of them to start with that Batman, Two-Face and Mr. Freeze.

I'll get Catwoman though and wait for these,

BTAS.jpg

I always hated the redesigns for the revised new Adventures.

Freetime143-2.jpg

The Capullo figures look awesome and I WAS going to get some of them, like batman and ridler, but with this announcement of the animated figures, I thik I will skip them and focus on jut the animated stuff. If they make a Capullo zero year batman, I guess I would get that one. The retro look with the purple gloves looks cool.

They need to make a nice Mask of The Phantasm set with The Phantasm, Bloody Batman, and Joker with his jet pack (and missing teeth).:lecture Honestly, though, I just hope we see a Blu-Ray release, at some point. All of this merchandise is brilliant, but it makes me hungry for just a little bit more. With that in mind, I promised myself I was out of 6" figures, but my mind is saying "yeah, **** that" right about now.:lol

They need to make a nice Mask of The Phantasm set with The Phantasm, Bloody Batman, and Joker with his jet pack (and missing teeth).:lecture Honestly, though, I just hope we see a Blu-Ray release, at some point. All of this merchandise is brilliant, but it makes me hungry for just a little bit more. With that in mind, I promised myself I was out of 6" figures, but my mind is saying "yeah, **** that" right about now.:lol

I know the feeling :lol

Honestly, the only redesigns I dug were Batman, Batgirl, Robin, and The Scarecrow. I'm not saying they were better than The Animated Series, but the first three were probably more in-line with their predecessors, and the latter was just a badass. That creepy Hangman ghoul design voiced by The Re-Animator himself; if there was one thing TNBA got right, it was The Scarecrow.

I still think this design was the best...although I sill want the TAS version.

AND this by far was the WORST :lol What were they thinking?

Looks great. I like Batman's redesign but preferred the look of everyone else from the original BTAS.

AND this by far was the WORST :lol What were they thinking?

TNBA = cheaper, simplified, less colorful animation.

Yeah, and I agree about the Joker. Those beady eyes and lack of lips were awful. I'll take the classic versions over the redesigns any day of the week.

Oh hell yes!! This is absolutely awesome news, I mostly gave up buying stuff from DC Collectibles or most six inch figures in general but I absolutely love Batman: The Animated Series and will buy any figure they put out for this line. I hope we get to see the more classic style Batman though rather than the re-vamped look from The New Adventures of Batman.

Looks great. I like Batman's redesign but preferred the look of everyone else from the original BTAS.

Yeah, me too. I do like the penguin redesign (I was never into the Tim Burton inspired version), bat girl, and the ventriloquist from TNA. But that's about it...All TAS designs were better looking.

Back