DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Yeah, me too. I do like the penguin redesign (I was never into the Tim Burton inspired version), bat girl, and the ventriloquist from TNA. But that's about it...All TAS designs were better looking.

Ok. Now that I think about it, the Bruce Wayne design was classier as well. Gordon's design did not look healthy though.

backpain-1292835351.jpg

:thud:

Oh hell yes!! This is absolutely awesome news, I mostly gave up buying stuff from DC Collectibles or most six inch figures in general but I absolutely love Batman: The Animated Series and will buy any figure they put out for this line. I hope we get to see the more classic style Batman though rather than the re-vamped look from The New Adventures of Batman.

I'm guessing they are releasing 2 of each. So the first wave has 4 figures (batman, two face, catwoman, mr Freeze) So catwoman is from TAS and Batman from TNA. My guess is they are doing the same with two face and Freeze.

Ok. Now that I think about it, the Bruce Wayne design was classier as well. Gordon's design did not look healthy though.

Yeah Gordon was huge in TAS, and then in TNA he looked really old and skinny. He looked like Barbara's grandfather :lol I always thought TNA Bruce Wayne looked more like superman than the ACTUAL Superman from the animated series...and they worked together in a few episodes.

I saw the Adam West batmobile last night at TRU along with Bats himself- and bought them.
ydynypap.jpg

Please let this be a sign that DC is planning on doing a Batmobile from the animated series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, me too. I do like the penguin redesign (I was never into the Tim Burton inspired version), bat girl, and the ventriloquist from TNA. But that's about it...All TAS designs were better looking.

I can't believe I forgot Penguin. That's one of their best, as well, I'd say.

The new design for Scarecrow was awesome. I loved the dead western preacher thing he had going. It was actually scary as opposed to his original look.

I have a question about DC Collectibles. I'm not an expert when it comes to DC Direct/DCC figures, but I have few of them. I'm a "cherry picker", therefore I just buy characters that I really like, but I've never been into an entire line of DCC figures...until now that is. So is DCC known for finishing what they start and completing their lines of figures, or are they like other companies (I'm looking at you NECA TMNT line :lol) ?

It's about time! I will buy everything from this line.

I have a question about DC Collectibles. I'm not an expert when it comes to DC Direct/DCC figures, but I have few of them. I'm a "cherry picker", therefore I just buy characters that I really like, but I've never been into an entire line of DCC figures...until now that is. So is DCC known for finishing what they start and completing their lines of figures, or are they like other companies (I'm looking at you NECA TMNT line :lol) ?

They've been pretty complete with their Arkham line. It's just taken them a while to get all of the figures done.

I prefer TAS designs by far. I hope they focus on those at some point.

I'm getting Batman for sure. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Wonder if we'll get a season one.

Im pretty sure we will get both... It's a given looking at their Arkham line... Damn November a long wait but will be worth it....

USA Today has a story up on them too... I have a feeling this line is going to be REALLY popular-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-dini-batman-animated-action-figures/5456233/

Sallah

I love the attention these are getting, and I really hope this is only the beginning for Batman's 75th anniversary, as The Animated Series had a tremendous effect on a generation of Batman fans. I've seen the Arkham figures, and many others that have made me question my "only 1/6th (and higher)" rule, but I really think that these will be my downfall. The concept's just too awesome, and I know I'm going to relent (and, when I do, something tells me that it won't just be this line I collect *cough*Capullo*cough*). Take classic designs and make modern toys with them. They just look awesome, and, while I know that it's not the preferred design, that TNBA Batman just looks so badass.

Seeing all of the accessories that some of those Capullo figures have makes me wonder if Freeze won't have his robot spider body.:lol

Love Batman TAS, but I've really decided to just keep my collection to Hot Toys or statues/maquettes. If these were in statue form I'd be all over them, but as action figures I'll likely pass.

Back