DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Don't you think there would be something lost by doing that, though?

Depends on the episode. If they messed with something like Heart of Ice, Robin's Reckoning, Feat of Clay or on Leather Wings I think that would be terrible and the value would be lost. There are a good amount of episodes that hold up to today's standards. That said, if I take off the rose tinted glasses off I can admit that a lot of episodes look like crap.

I don't think it would be worth it in the end though, that'd be a waste of a lot of time and money to go back and redo the episodes and it would lose some of it's rougher edges that make the show what it is. If it were me, I wouldn't even mess with them. Everything is of their time. Besides, for as much as I don't like TNBA, the animation studios doing those episodes did a stellar job on the animation for those redesigns. Same goes for Batman Beyond.

Finally got around to opening most of my BTAS/TNBA figures. Here is my ranking from best to worst, of figures that I own.

1. Bane - BIG and impressive! Wow, one of the best "big guy" figures I've held! I love it! I was blown away by the fact that he stands WELL on his own! The paint apps on mine are perfect and the extra details in the mask go a long way. Even though Clayface looks fuggin awful, this figure has made me more excited for him and other big fellas. Can't wait to get Croc now.

2. Phantasm - A dream come true. I can forgive it's shortcomings. They don't bother me as much because posed next to Batman she looks absolutely amazing. The quality control and material used for the cape and hood are appreciated. Personally, a set that I would nominate for best 6" scale collectible of the year. Yikes!

3. TNBA Batman - Wow! I've had NO problems with this figure! It's a release week original too! Just now got around to opening it and its flawless. I was super relieved. Going to fill in the hip holes later. I love the BTAS batman design more, but this design is more appealing in figure form to me, for some reason. DCC absolutely nailed it, where they didn't quite with BTAS.

4. Scarecrow - I can't believe how impressed I am with this figure. I thought it wouldn't be that spectacular, just another villain on the shelf, but was I wrong! I love it! Just needs some paint on his face and he is perfection. His presence on the shelf is not to be underestimated!

5. BTAS Robin - Still too small in my eyes, but I'm getting used to it more and more every day. I'm a HUGE fan of Robin, maybe even more so than Batman, so this figure was very important. I didn't like it to start out, but I had opened this one months ago. I let it stew for a bit and repainted him, and now I think he's awesome.

6. BTAS Batman(phantasm set) - Great, but not as great as the TNBA Batman. Articulation seems more limited for some reason. Nice to have this incarnation. The stunted nose bothers me on this one. Much better than the standard BTAS release though. Maybe it will grow on me.

7. Batgirl - With a few fix ups, she's one of my favorite heroes. She really needs paint to stand out though, which brings this one down a lot.

8. Riddler - Great figure, but I feel like the arms are a bit short. Just like all of the suited figures, nothing really spectacular, but its fun to have this Riddler. Fantastic accessories.

9. TNBA Robin - My most anticipated figure of the whole series, so my expectations were very high. Awkward ankles and shoulders kinda ruin it for more, but still a good figure overall. Sloppy paint apps do not help. Maybe because he's so small?

10. Joker - Nothing spectacular, but just fine. Fun to finally have a good BTAS Joker, but could have been better. I know they will constantly re-release this with different heads and accessories, so I'm not too worried.

11. Poison Ivy - feels hollow and too plasticy. Almost no movement to her head. Disappointing, but I guess theres not much you can do. Bring on BTAS Ivy pleease!

12. Nightwing - This figure I have big problems with. The Blue is wrong (too dark), the chest piece is sculpted, which I ended up hating, should have just been painted on. He's WAY too scrawny and thin. The elbows are extremely awkward. It doesn't feel like a seamless black suit. He REALLY needed some glider wings too. The head sculpt is great, but still too thin! I appreciate the actual paint on the mouth though. Where was this paint for Robin and BTAS Batman??

My next batch of figures will include Mad Hatter, Croc, Freeze, and probably Two Face or Penguin. Haven't come around on The Creeper yet. I have Catwoman and Harl in package on my wall, but waiting on their next releases.

I think the best way to do Andrea would be in a two pack

1. Unmasked, in her black jumpsuit with a reissue of Phantasm (maybe scaled larger so it's bigger than Batman)
or
2. With Bruce Wayne

Why does everyone want 2-packs? What's the big deal about buying figures separately? Sell them individually so people don't have to get stuck buying an extra figure they don't want. Just like that Mad Love pack, I'd buy Harley but I'm not paying an extra $20 for that horrible Joker figure.

The 2 packs are cool because you can get some figures that might not have gotten their own individual release. Like if we got a Clock King/ Mayor Hill 2 pack. (Doubt Mayor Hill would get his own release) Than again, that's also a downside if you don't like one of the figures in the pack. I agree about the Mad Love pack. Really don't want a 2nd of the same fig. As far as the Etrigan 2 pack, I would have preferred to save the extra $15 bucks and not get Klarion, but that's just me. I hate that damn kid lol.

I don't know why but i TOTALLY want Mayor Hill hahaha he was such a sad little victim who was constantly trying to do good. He was the little mayor that just couldn't LOL

The 2 packs are cool because you can get some figures that might not have gotten their own individual release. Like if we got a Clock King/ Mayor Hill 2 pack. (Doubt Mayor Hill would get his own release) Than again, that's also a downside if you don't like one of the figures in the pack. I agree about the Mad Love pack. Really don't want a 2nd of the same fig. As far as the Etrigan 2 pack, I would have preferred to save the extra $15 bucks and not get Klarion, but that's just me. I hate that damn kid lol.

I totally understand your point, but...
As far as your example, I don't think packing a character like Clock King with a character like Mayor Hill is a boon to Clock King. It could actually weigh down sales of Clock King. Think about it, two older guys in suits??? Kind of boring and neither one is any sort of iconic Batman character. That being said, DCC hears we like 2-packs and instead of sticking the 2 guys with black suits together we end up with Mayor Hill and yet another Batman... with bloody nose, 5 o'clock shadow, or bad acne or whatever goofy variant lol. Or another shiny Joker :S

But for the record, I would buy both Clock King and Hill.

Why does everyone want 2-packs? What's the big deal about buying figures separately? Sell them individually so people don't have to get stuck buying an extra figure they don't want. Just like that Mad Love pack, I'd buy Harley but I'm not paying an extra $20 for that horrible Joker figure.

I personally want more two packs because they come in BOXES. I can open them, display, and later put them back in as new for in package display, or storage. Especially that Phantasm 2 -pack, it's gorgeous in package. The single BTAS and TNBA figures packaging is useless.

Financially it's better for DCC. Let's them unload more of the same figures, and give us obscure characters at the same time. Most of these animated figures I'd buy at least two of, so I support any two packs we can get. The Mad Love pack looks awesome.

A Civilian Andrea and Bruce 2-pack is a great Idea, but I personally would support an Unmasked Phantasm Andrea/Trenchcoat Joker (with open laughing mouth maybe?) 2-pack. Maybe a bit more realistic.

I'd be down with an Alfred/Bruce Wayne two pack as well.

\Unmasked Phantasm Andrea/Trenchcoat Joker (with open laughing mouth maybe?) 2-pack. Maybe a bit more realistic.

I'd be down with an Alfred/Bruce Wayne two pack as well.

I'd buy these two packs in a heart beat.

Always loved "Machine Gun Joker" from the Kenner Adventures of Batman and Robin line.

The Mad Love pack looks awesome.

Seriously? You actually like that metallic Joker? No offense, but I'd love to know why. :dunno
I guess I just need to hear a good defense of this figure lol. I'm actually very interested.

Hey, I've found a great way to store all the replacement hands I thought I'd share. At stores like WALMART, TARGET< STAPLES, and HOBBY LOBBY they sell a small set of drawers for things like paperclips, rubber bands, erasers, etc. There's 3 drawers in the unit and they work great for the various hands and accessories you don't want to use in your display at the moment.

Oh, my bad. I must've missed that. I guess there's always the included foldout posters that come with each figure too.

Lol it's no big deal. Like I said, I'm not sure he saw it so I'm sure you didn't for the same reason. I didn't really make it that obvious.

Hey, I've found a great way to store all the replacement hands I thought I'd share. At stores like WALMART, TARGET< STAPLES, and HOBBY LOBBY they sell a small set of drawers for things like paperclips, rubber bands, erasers, etc. There's 3 drawers in the unit and they work great for the various hands and accessories you don't want to use in your display at the moment.

Could have done with one of them for Hot Toys hands and accessories too. So many spare hands etc!...:panic:

:lol I just put all the spare parts in zip locks baggies, even Figmas give us a bag but it's practically a small freezer bag :lol

Black Mask would have been awesome. Trying to picture how he would have been designed in my head, I think he would have looked great. Nice signature SFA! Good to see Rupert Thorne get some love! I always thought he was a cool character. It'd be cool to see him get a figure! Maybe a deluxe set with Candace? Not sure how popular he is. No one ever seems to mention him lol

View attachment 239833
Here's what Black Mask looked like in the Batman Animated comic. Not sure if Bruce Timm did the design but still has that awesome BTAS style we all love. Even though he was never on the show, if DCC ever made this figure....yep I'd still buy it.

View attachment 239833
Here's what Black Mask looked like in the Batman Animated comic. Not sure if Bruce Timm did the design but still has that awesome BTAS style we all love. Even though he was never on the show, if DCC ever made this figure....yep I'd still buy it.

That's pretty cool! Good find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down to buy an Alfred/ Bruce Wayne two-pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back