DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

That was the original idea hence the short height, rubbery cloak and ball jointed head with hood.

image.jpg

I wish they would've done Phantasm with the alternate unmasked option like old Kenner figure

https://i.imgur.com/19GofyT.jpg

No way! Defenitely not!
Have you noticed how bulky is Phantasm? It has a male body.
It woud have looked hideous to have a female head on a male body.

DCC's Kevin Kiniry talked about that.
Only through visual effects could Andrea get that big and strong in the movie while wearing Phantasm's costume.

The Kenner figure is ridiculous. I still own mine, but never liked it.
Kenner had to choose between the female body (Andrea) and the male body (Phantasm) to make one fig.
And that was the result. Not right.
Look at that body. Her waist, her arms. LMAO
What a bad figure.

DCC will release Andrea sometime in the future, Kevin has confirmed.
Her head is already done.

The ONLY way to release Andrea is with a proper female body.

Regarding her clothes, I'd like to have her in her unmasked costume.

53.jpg

An acid-burnt sickle glove would be a cool feature.

I just wish they made the Phantasm figure in the two pack as tall or taller as their Batman. The legs and ankles should have been bulkier too. We're supposed to think it's Mr. Beaumont under that thing. The figure is fine from the waist up, but "he" should be taller. They messed up and I think the original plan for having the Andrea Beaumont head sculpt is a reason for that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just wish they made the Phantasm figure in the two pack as tall or taller as their Batman. The legs and ankles should have been bulkier too. We're supposed to think it's Mr. Beaumont under that thing. The figure is fine from the waist up, but "he" should be taller. They messed up and I think the original plan for having the Andrea Beaumont head sculpt is a reason for that.

But Batman is taller than Phantasm.

This is the only moment in the movie where they stand side by side:
You can see the front tip of Phantasm's hood goes as tall as Batman's nose.
That means Phantasm's "face" goes as tall as Batman's mouth area.

PhantasmvsBatman.jpg

Here are the figures recreating the same moment.
See the front tip and the nose matching.

BxP.jpg

Regarding Phantasm figure's legs... I think they are fine. They're straight, with no curves, like they should be.

When Batman turns his head to look at the helicopter in that same scene they end up being head to head. It's the illusion of animation and perspective. :lol

Seriously, Phantasm before the reveal is supposed to be tall and physically imposing. "He" can sprint as fast as a car and faster than the Batplane on rooftops even! Everything about the character is exaggerated.

Like the Robin figure, what DCC originally solicited was much better and closer in my opinion. In fact I'm sure they knew this in the case of The Phantasm.

image.jpg

When I watched the show and movies, I never thought BTAS Robin looked like a little pipsqueak that was shorter than all the characters, even the women, in the shows. I never thought Phantasm looked equally like a kid next to Batman, that the batsignal was a glorified flashlight or that the Creeper was bigger than everyone.

So stoked to hear they're going to do Andrea!!! Was really hoping they would. And on a female body. Do you think she'll be a single fig or come in another 2 pack?

Then you weren't paying attention very well DiFabio :lol

Luckily DCC did so that all these small accurate details have been added to the new toyline.

When Batman turns his head to look at the helicopter in that same scene they end up being head to head. It's the illusion of animation and perspective.

Seriously, Phantasm before the reveal is supposed to be tall and physically imposing. "He" can sprint as fast as a car and faster than the Batplane on rooftops even! Everything about the character is exaggerated.

When I watched the show and movies, I never thought BTAS Robin looked like a little pipsqueak that was shorter than all the characters, even the women, in the shows. I never thought Phantasm looked equally like a kid next to Batman, that the batsignal was a glorified flashlight or that the Creeper was bigger than everyone.

Phantasm "looking like a kid next to Batman": you're talking about the Kenner figure, right? :lol
That is the figure that looks like a kid. lmao

When you get your two-pack (I remember you saying you still have to), pose the figures decently next to each other to see that they look good together.
That site posed the figure awkwardly. :lol

The DCC Phantasm is the Phantasm we needed, I'd say. We finally got a well-sculpted figure and I, personally, am thankful.

Regarding Robin, again... :lol
The series has such an inconsistent animation. Sometimes, a character is taller than the other; sometimes, shorter. Who knows?
Like I said at the time, Robin is not that tall. He's way shorter and thinner than Batman.
It's like he's 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in) and Batman, 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in).

30.jpg

I see no problem with the figure. But that's just me. :dunno

Eh, we've all been through the Robin debate a 100 times before. Nobody has won that one, same with the oversized Batmobile.

Exactly. Lmao

We'll never know how tall the characters are indeed supposed to be.

And look at Batman's face on the last shot. Lmao

Seriously, I'd pay anything to see this show re-animated with today's great animation.
The same episodes and stories, but all drawn all over again.

Eh, we've all been through the Robin debate a 100 times before. Nobody has won that one, same with the oversized Batmobile.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
image.jpg

Exactly. Lmao

Seriously, I'd pay anything to see this show re-animated with today's great animation.

Sorry about that post, my connection was all jacked up trying to upload those old attached pics. :lol Been noticing other people's attachments are buggy too.

Exactly. Lmao

In other words, you want to ruin the show.

Sorry about that post, my connection was all jacked up trying to upload those old attached pics. :lol Been noticing other people's attachments are buggy too.

That's OK. I've had the same problem too.

What? No.
I'm talking about hand-drawn animation with sharp tech, like the one used on Disney's 90s movies like Hunchback, Lion King etc. Something to keep the animation consistent.
Even something like the one used on Subzero.

I'm not talking about redesigning the characters, backgrounds or anything.

Why do you think today's technology would ruin it?

I don't think he means redesign the characters, change the voice actors or style of the show, I think he means reanimate it with modern animation technology.

What? No.
I'm talking about hand-drawn animation with sharp tech, like the one used on Disney's 90s movies like Hunchback, Lion King etc. Something to keep the animation consistent.
Even something like the one used on Subzero.

I'm not talking about redesigning the characters, backgrounds or anything.

Why do you think today's technology would ruin it?

The show is what it is. Going back and "fixing" these minor imperfections is unnecessary and would take away from the shows charm imo. The show stands well enough on it's own without someone having to go back and pull a George Lucas to "fix" things with supposed better, more advanced technology. I understand what you want to do is way less that what Lucas has done to the original Star Wars trilogy, but to me it's really just about leaving well enough alone.

That being said, had they simply made him as tall as Catwoman, I don't think it'd be as much of a debate. In other words, I'd doubt people would be saying, "He's way too big!"

I don't think he means redesign the characters, change the voice actors or style of the show, I think he means reanimate it with modern animation technology.

Don't you think there would be something lost by doing that, though?

The show is what it is. Going back and "fixing" these minor imperfections is unnecessary and would take away from the shows charm imo. The show stands well enough on it's own without someone having to go back and pull a George Lucas to "fix" things with supposed better, more advanced technology. I understand what you want to do is way less that what Lucas has done to the original Star Wars trilogy, but to me it's really just about leaving well enough alone.

Good god, don't give Bruce Timm any ideas...
:thud:

Back