DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

In fact that would have been a great way to start rehashing some of these characters in these 2-packs you all seem to love.

First you start off with Inmate Joker.
Then they do a 2-pack of Harley and Ivy as inmates.
Mad Hatter and Riddler as inmates
BTAS Freeze and Dent inmate pack
Lock-up and Crane as an inmate pack.

If you want a three pack both Bruce's and unmasked Batman like my sig :wave

Perhaps still a two-pack, but with unmasked Batman like in your sig, little Bruce and the Wayne gravestone.

Title could be something like "Birth of Batman" etc

I'll tell you one 2 pack I want to see, the BTAS Mr Freeze with his wife in the chamber. That's a 2 pack that makes sense and we could get a figure of Nora Fries we might not otherwise get. Maybe the chamber could have a blue light effect on her as well. What do you think?

I emailed DCC suggesting this a couple months ago and got a reply saying they loved the idea. This would be the most awesome set imaginable for me. Mr. Freeze has been my favorite since I was 4 years old. I remember looking for his Kenner figure at Target for soo long and randomly came across it one day. Best day ever lol

By the way, not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but does anyone think a Batwoman figure is a possibility for the NBA line? Since we got figs from MOTP it doesn't seem too far fetched. Maybe in a set like Roxy and she can have her glider thing? Would any of you buy that? I think it sounds pretty cool

I want Talia Al Ghul in her purple outfit (like in my siggy)

tumblr_mtnyzmJAcP1rrkahjo7_250.gif

tumblr_mtuopnytYi1rrkahjo7_250.gif

Judging by the outfit they chose for Ra' Al Ghul, Talia was wearing that dress when he was dressed in the toy's outfit.

HOWEVER - they may not want to use the same episode twice so i have a feeling the Talia they make will be from Off Balance or something. But HOPEFULLY they make her in this dress because it will make her a much more unique addition to the collection. We already have ladies in jumpsuits.

Judging by the outfit they chose for Ra' Al Ghul, Talia was wearing that dress when he was dressed in the toy's outfit.

HOWEVER - they may not want to use the same episode twice so i have a feeling the Talia they make will be from Off Balance or something. But HOPEFULLY they make her in this dress because it will make her a much more unique addition to the collection. We already have ladies in jumpsuits.

Yes. We need more ladies with dress and panty. Lmao

I'd buy Talia just to have more ladies in the shelves.

Hell, I'd even buy Alfred's girlfriend Maggie from "Eternal Youth" just to add more women to the collection, Lmao

I love the Mr. Freeze/Nora idea!

And the inmates version of the rogues gallery would be cool if they did special packaging to make them look like they are in the cells.

And to get that Talia you'll get shirtless batman to go with. :hi5:

That's actually something I'd really LOVE to see! They did show the rogues in the asylum wearing their Arkham duds quite a lot, so those would be variant/alter-ego figures I'd definitely buy. Joker, Harley and Ivy especially, but a multipack of 3-5 Arkham inmates would be all kinds of awesome.

I've played all of BTAS in the past 2 weeks and pretty much every single one of the main rogues appeared as inmates. If we got the Arkham sign it would make a nice display BUT I don't want to see 2 versions of each one rendered in the style of each show. That's where this stuff gets to be a bit much. I want to see SUPERMAN more than variants.

I don't get why some people hate Ras. It was explained to me that he's Batman's greatest adversary because he challenges him intellectually.

I prefer the designs of the original BTAS to the revamp. Maybe I'm in the minority? I think Killer Croc, the Ventriloquist, Teo Face and others look better in the original series than the revamp.

If we get that Mr. Freeze diorama I suggested on here we need to find some polar bears to go with it in the same scale to make a scene from SUBZERO.

Oh, and I'd buy a Batwoman if they offered her. They could release her with the Bat head as well as the head og each woman who played her. I know some og us would then be required to buy 4 figures rather than 1....

I want the Talia from Batman Beuond that was really Ra's Al Ghul in Talia's body. That was sick.

How about a Joker in his CITIZEN KANE hat and long coat as a variant?

In fact that would have been a great way to start rehashing some of these characters in these 2-packs you all seem to love.

First you start off with Inmate Joker.
Then they do a 2-pack of Harley and Ivy as inmates.
Mad Hatter and Riddler as inmates
BTAS Freeze and Dent inmate pack
Lock-up and Crane as an inmate pack.

Those would be cool, but did Riddler and Two-Face ever even appear as inmates while not wearing their usual costumes? A Lock-Up/inmate Crane two-pack would be excellent, though.

Maxie Zeus

I really hope we get him! I really want some of the lesser used characters like Maxie, Clock King, Lock-Up. If we can get The Creeper we hopefully will get Maxie Zeus.
Also, I really hope DCC does a 2-pack of the hyenas for Joker and Harley. I wanted them back with the Kenner figures and still want them now.

I'd love all of those 1 or 2 episode villains. Maxie Zeus, Clock King, Red Claw, Lock Up, Hugo Strange, Kyodai Ken... and the Hyenas!

I'd love all of those 1 or 2 episode villains. Maxie Zeus, Clock King, Red Claw, Lock Up, Hugo Strange, Kyodai Ken... and the Hyenas!

I wonder where would we display so many characters? Lmao

Do you think DCC will pull a Toy Biz and release every single character?
Toy Biz did that with their Lord of the Rings figure line. They released well over 200 figures between 2001 and 2006.

What about a Grey Ghost pack with an infant Bruce? tumblr_m56fhnMpOf1r2jcbco1_500.jpg

I wonder where would we display so many characters? Lmao

Do you think DCC will pull a Toy Biz and release every single character?
Toy Biz did that with their Lord of the Rings figure line. They released well over 200 figures between 2001 and 2006.

I certainly hope so! Though I doubt it would reach anywhere near that total of figures.

Lets say for example (and this is by no means definitive) for BTAS, there's 3 heroes (Batman, Robin, Batgirl) and say 8 allies (Alfred, Gordon, Bullock, Montoya, Lucius, Leslie, Zatanna, Gray Ghost) about 33 villains (Joker, Harley, Penguin, Catwoman, Two Face, Scarecrow, Ventriloquist & Scarface, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Bane, Riddler, Mad Hatter, Man Bat, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, Ubu, Clayface, Maxie Zeus, Clock King, Red Claw, Lock Up, Kyodai Ken, Hugo Strange, Baby Doll, The Wolf, Tygrus, Sewer King, Hardac Batman, Vertigo, Terrible Trio) and 9 other civilians (Thorne, Dagget, Stromwell, Veronica Vreeland, Summer Gleason, Bruce Wayne, **** Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Mayor Hill)

That's a total of 53 characters just for BTAS. There would be less for TNBA. And I highly doubt they'd make everyone on that list, but hopefully it'll be close, so there's potential for up to about 80 figures in all.

Oh, and just for the record, DCC have released about 60 figures in their Arkham line so far, so we know they're in for the long game if the demand is there.

I certainly hope so! Though I doubt it would reach anywhere near that total of figures.

Lets say for example (and this is by no means definitive) for BTAS, there's 3 heroes (Batman, Robin, Batgirl) and say 8 allies (Alfred, Gordon, Bullock, Montoya, Lucius, Leslie, Zatanna, Gray Ghost) about 33 villains (Joker, Harley, Penguin, Catwoman, Two Face, Scarecrow, Ventriloquist & Scarface, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Bane, Riddler, Mad Hatter, Man Bat, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, Ubu, Clayface, Maxie Zeus, Clock King, Red Claw, Lock Up, Kyodai Ken, Hugo Strange, Baby Doll, The Wolf, Tygrus, Sewer King, Hardac Batman, Vertigo, Terrible Trio) and 9 other civilians (Thorne, Dagget, Stromwell, Veronica Vreeland, Summer Gleason, Bruce Wayne, **** Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Mayor Hill)

That's a total of 53 characters just for BTAS. There would be less for TNBA. And I highly doubt they'd make everyone on that list, but hopefully it'll be close, so there's potential for up to about 80 figures in all.

Oh, and just for the record, DCC have released about 60 figures in their Arkham line so far, so we know they're in for the long game if the demand is there.

And there would also be variants/second versions of many characters, like Bats and Joker. :lol

Dig that, buddy!
It would be awesome to see this line get that enormous and last several years.
That would, basically, give each fan what they want in terms of characters etc.

I, personally, just want the mainstream/classic characters, but I know many fans want the lesser known, 1-episode-only characters.

It's so exciting to see so much interest in this line and show.

Back