Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw this a second time (for free!). Holds up very well. Going to revisit the original series this weekend.

Was it just me or was the 3D in this movie practically useless?
I generally choose to not view in 3D anyway but I'd have had to wait 40 minutes otherwise.

This was such a great sequel. It had everything good Rise had about it and took it to the next level. As pretty much everyone has mentioned, Koba was a fantastic character turned villain.

So I watched this movie yesterday, wow, for a while I thought it was possible that it was over-hyped and would do more bad than good once I actually watched it, but I was so wrong. Rise was a great film, it was my introduction to Planet of The Apes (not counting Burton's) and it piqued my interest; as is the case with most movies, I figured the sequel would be disappointing but like Goose said, it took everything great from Rise and expanded upon it. I loved how much time was actually spent with the apes!

This was such a great sequel. It had everything good Rise had about it and took it to the next level. As pretty much everyone has mentioned, Koba was a fantastic character turned villain.

Most definitely!

It's also poignantly metaphoric.

There's many ways the third film could go. It could go way into the future but personally I'd prefer to see Caesar's story arc complete by the end of the third film and set the fourth film at the same time as the original.

I'm waiting for the missing Mars trip Astronauts from Rises to return. They set that up.

I finally got to see it today. Definitely a worthy sequel to Rise with stunning VFX.

My gripes are that I thought it would jump a bit further forward in the timeline , apes still struggle with speech and tbh by the end the plot isn't really any further forward.

I bet by the next one they wear clothes and speak all the time. It seems like with each film, there's this evolution of reversal. The apes start out as primitive and the humans are superior, but with each film, that starts to change and the roles reverse.

I finally got to see it today. Definitely a worthy sequel to Rise with stunning VFX.

My gripes are that I thought it would jump a bit further forward in the timeline , apes still struggle with speech and tbh by the end the plot isn't really any further forward.

Thats one of my main problems, this movie felt like a “filler” episode in the series.

Saw this a few days ago and I must say it was an impressive sequel. I enjoyed the 1st one and I think this one expanded on it beautifully. I'm glad they are moving the story along at a slower pace. All the time with spent on the Apes interacting gives us a more emotional tie to them and makes them more interesting. I agree that something will have to happen to Caesar in order to have humanity enslaved. But, who knows how closely the upcoming films will follow the original movies. Either way, I'm down for the next installment. I'll keep watching so long as the stories are interesting.

Back