Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"No sense of granduer."

Perfect description if I ever saw one. And about the blue and gray color grading... you know I knew something was wrong with how the film "looked" but couldn't tell what it was... now I cannot un-see it and it's disturbing to look at. Like there's no air in the film.

Thanks for posting that, Riddick. I thought the guy spent way too much time harping on the color grading and the “look” of the movie! I agree about them being overly aggressive about wanting Claire to have kids. As a couple who has chosen not to have kids, I too thought it was a ridiculous plot point to keep hammering onto the character. Society has moved far beyond women forced to have kids in order to be fulfilled or complete.

Has everyone forgotten that they did the same thing to Alan Grant in the first film? They just kept pushing kids on him the entire time and he did not want kids nor did he like them.

Just saying...

For as long as the reviewer went on about it he seems to have forgotten to compare that plot point to the original.

Never mind I stand corrected about this... I don;t know how I missed this.

I thought the film was fine. Not perfect but better then part 3. I am actually a pretty big fan of 2. The first is the best of course. I actually thought a lot of the complaints the guy had were "reaching" I mean complaining about opening a park for kids with Dino's?? That was the idea of the first film... Now one could say look how that turned out.... But what the hell... Do we want yet another film about Jurassic Park that is another jungle film?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that, Riddick. I thought the guy spent way too much time harping on the color grading and the “look” of the movie! I agree about them being overly aggressive about wanting Claire to have kids. As a couple who has chosen not to have kids, I too thought it was a ridiculous plot point to keep hammering onto the character. Society has moved far beyond women forced to have kids in order to be fulfilled or complete.

Overall I thought the movie was just kinda bland. Very forgettable (disposable?) and generic. There were some weird awkwardly paced moments that really took me out of the movie (can’t remember specifically) and it all made me fear the fact that Trevorrow be directing SW Ep 9.

And I thought Chris Pratt was way out of his depth. He just cannot do “serious” convincingly. I think they should have just let the character be a little goofy and play to his strengths. It wouldn’t have changed a thing as far as story, and the character would have been more likable.

"No sense of granduer."

Perfect description if I ever saw one.

This I agree with... At the same time we are dealing with the fourth film in the series and there have been countless other Dino films with great effects.. So I am not sure how well that could be pulled off.

how did I miss that.. Well good for him :)

It's my pet peeve with all these films, that kids have to have such a crucial role in the films. It hated the "idea" of it in JP, but it didn't make it unwatchable or distracting in the film. But from then onward, it gets progressively worse.

"frequently and shamelessly References the first film". Uh, yeah, could be because it's a sequel. That's like saying I hate how ROTJ frequently and shamelessly references Star Wars. What a self important D-bag.

I know some of you will find this shocking, but while the first film was pretty good, it wasn't exactly "a great" film. The T-Rex scene stands as a classic, but I don't feel like the rest of the movie even comes close to measuring up to that scene. Personally, I found the kids in JW far less annoying than the kids in JP.

Before the first teaser/trailer, I was hoping for a smart film with comments on modern society, business and science.
After the first teaser/trailer I wanted to skip but gave it a chance in hope for a stupid entertainment.

In the end, I paid for almost two hours of cringing. :lol

I don't get you Riddick... I mean you are named after a character in a series of films that were good but nothing special and had many problems of their own. Seems like many of the things you complain about could be used against those film..... No big deal. I like the Riddick films also/ Just seems weird to me.. But perhaps I don;t know the whole story :)

"frequently and shamelessly References the first film". Uh, yeah, could be because it's a sequel. That's like saying I hate how ROTJ frequently and shamelessly references Star Wars. What a self important D-bag.

I know some of you will find this shocking, but while the first film was pretty good, it wasn't exactly "a great" film. The T-Rex scene stands as a classic, but I don't feel like the rest of the movie even comes close to measuring up to that scene. Personally, I found the kids in JW far less annoying than the kids in JP.

I like JP... I loved it on first viewing... Other then than Malcolm's daughter I though JP2 had better characters and in some ways is the better film. The Hunter, Roland Tembo is probably my fav character in the series after Malcolm. The characters in JP are OK. Ian being the best. I still like it and all but I am surprised by how many love this movie as much as they do.

JP isn't the greatest film ever, of course. But the premise, mind blowing CGI (for the time, and even compared to now) and the undertones of playing God carries the whole film more than any of the characters, aside from Malcolm. Since he's a conduit that conveys the whole premise of the film "Life finds a Way." It was more than just a park with Dinosaurs. Even Lost World had a little bit of that too. I can watch LW, and I never outright hated it. I just thought it dropped off immensely when they get back to the mainland.

I don't get you Riddick... I mean you are named after a character in a series of films that were good but nothing special and had many problems of their own. Seems like many of the things you complain about could be used against those film..... No big deal. I like the Riddick films also/ Just seems weird to me.. But perhaps I don;t know the whole story :)

He is very odd . He hates every single mainstream movie. He should stay away from media all together.

JP isn't the greatest film ever, of course. But the premise, mind blowing CGI (for the time, and even compared to now) and the undertones of playing God carries the whole film more than any of the characters, aside from Malcolm. Since he's a conduit that conveys the whole premise of the film "Life finds a Way." It was more than just a park with Dinosaurs. Even Lost World had a little bit of that too. I can watch LW, and I never outright hated it. I just thought it dropped off immensely when they get back to the mainland.

Great points... I do really enjoy JP and whenever I finish watching it I get a bit of that same feeling I did when I say it in the theaters..

I agree about the ending of LW... Story wise, the film suffers because of it.. However the child in me loves watching Dino rampage in the city :)

Great points... I do really enjoy JP and whenever I finish watching it I get a bit of that same feeling I did when I say it in the theaters..

I agree about the ending of LW... Story wise, the film suffers because of it.. However the child in me loves watching Dino rampage in the city :)

I just think the whole Rex in the city thing wasn't handled right. I don't know how it could of been improved, I just don't know it was a misstep.

Admittedly, had I seen this movie when I was a kid, and had not read the book, I would likely be wearing a pair of rose colored glasses everytime I watched it.

Most of the reason I enjoyed JW was due to the unbridled joy it illicited from my daughter.

I knowwwwww... I wouldn't even doubt them crossbreeding with Human DNA like the original plot outline for JP4.

I respect JW for having humans push the genetic boundaries a step too far as a key part of the movie, it is the key foundation to the whole franchise at the end of the day. The Indominus IMO is as far as they could push it though as it still looks like it could have existed. I really hope we don't see Stegoceratops or an army of mini I-Rexes!...

I respect JW for having humans push the genetic boundaries a step too far as a key part of the movie, it is the key foundation to the whole franchise at the end of the day. The Indominus IMO is as far as they could push it though as it still looks like it could have existed. I really hope we don't see Stegoceratops or an army of mini I-Rexes!...

Totally on the mark with that. I think the I-Rex was a great addition to the franchise. Like you said, it took the ideas that the first movie was poking at and pushed them to the next level, just as good sequel should.

Oddly enough though it's things that work, like the I-Rex, the film's entertaining criticism of itself and its audience, which is why I can't bring myself to really like this movie. It has so many beautiful gems buried beneath such a hit and miss script, painful characters and, some jarringly bad CGI, that the brilliance is kind of diminished for me. It's like having a great meal that someone accidentally drenched in tomato sauce. Seriously that older brother was Twilight levels of stoned acting and non-existent character EQ. Just so wrong.

Which is a bummer because when we got that introduction to the working park I was filled with that same giddiness I had watching JP for the first time...and I haven't had a film illicit that kind of reaction from me in a long time. :(

I could have watched two hours of just exploring the operational park. I doubt the general audience would be down for that which is why we got the I-Rex instead.

Sam Neill Was Also Shocked By How Violent That One Death Was In "Jurassic World"
anigif_optimized-20474-1453664980-1.gif

Back