Disney’s Mulan (Live action) in theaters March 27. 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty cool, but I have to admit, I had my fill of Oriental Mystical martial arts/sword fighting with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Looks pretty cool, but I have to admit, I had my fill of Oriental Mystical martial arts/sword fighting with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
So we're rugs now? [emoji848]

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

If you go into the film expecting it to be like the cartoon, you will be disappointed. Otherwise it was ok. It will have its throwbacks to the animated. Story is both Poem and animation mixed.

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

Was the original Mulan ever "beloved?" All anyway seems to remember it for is the stupid barbeque sauce from McDonalds.

Yes. It was really loved. It was that stupid rick and morty episode that people remembered that dumb sauce. No one even cared about sauce

For what it's worth, I just watched this movie and thought it was surprisingly good. The story is pretty simple and a bit too westernized (it never stops feeling weird that everyone's speaking English throughout), but it's well-executed and has a cool visual style, with just enough of an edge thanks to some strong villains. And much like with Alita or Rey in TFA, the lead character is so likable and compelling that it just makes the movie work a lot better than it should and have more emotional resonance than you expect.

In fact it really makes me want a HT figure of her now. And makes me kinda bummed we won't be getting one thanks to all the controversy surrounding the movie.

Don?t think Covid has much of an impact...all you need is $29.99 and a Disney Plus subscription and you are watching it on your hopefully Covid free couch.

You say that like its not much of an impact.

Overnight we've gone from predictable theatrical run to unknown world of streaming.

What I'm most curious about is: will Mulan make more money that it would have in a traditional theatrical run because everyone who would have seen it in a theater for $15 is now paying twice that... or will it suffer because many people are still not set up for streaming and/or don't want to pay that much for this movie?

From what I've read Tenet is doing pretty well so far despite everything, while it's too early to say about Mulan. But regardless it's clear these movies aren't going to make nearly as much as they would have before, which is why you see studios holding back movies like Bond and WW84 for so long, until as many theaters as possible can be opened back up.

I don't think it will hit the numbers it would have from the theater. It's limited to Disney+ subscribers, and Disney already announced it will be free in December on Disney+. I'd be surprised if it makes it's budget. Hope it does though. I watched it with my family. Everyone liked it. I enjoyed it but felt like it was missing that movie moment that would have made it something special.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Back