Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was a great movie. However, I wouldn't buy the "It's what Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars" tagline some ads are using. Still a very good film.

I have faith in TMNT, I think it can turn out to be a quality turtle film.

I think for the people who complain about Transformers but still go anyways it will be easy to pass up TMNT, and if they don't get general audiences it will do poorly. At least that's what I expect. I'll see movies just for the FX, but TMNT just looks terrible.

I think for the people who complain about Transformers but still go anyways it will be easy to pass up TMNT, and if they don't get general audiences it will do poorly. At least that's what I expect. I'll see movies just for the FX, but TMNT just looks terrible.

Well, I didn’t see Transformers, and have no desire too, but I think it would be really hard to screw the turtles up, so far their personalities and character traits don’t seem to have changed much so I think it can work, time will tell. The FX looks okay at best right now, hopefully it will look better by the time the film is released. I’m going into it knowing the turtles certainly won’t look better than Caesar and Koba.

The positive reviews and response this movie has gotten has motivated me to pick up the first one. Got it for $10 at Walmart on Blu-ray. Hoping to watch it tonight then maybe go see the new one later this week.

Just saw it tonight, I went in completely spoiler free.

Man, I'm glad I saw it in 3D so nobody could see my manly tears through the glasses. At some moments, I was getting a little weepy. This was easily my favorite film of the year/summer, I really enjoyed it. Every character was great, the story was great, I loved it. My favorite Apes film was the original from 1968 with Heston. This one is right up there along side it in my opinion. It was fantastic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The whole film was just great. 10/10 from me.

Man, I'm glad I saw it in 3D so nobody could see my manly tears through the glasses. At some moments, I was getting a little weepy. This was easily my favorite film of the year/summer, I really enjoyed it. Every character was great, the story was great, I loved it. My favorite Apes film was the original from 1968 with Heston. This one is right up there along side it in my opinion. It was fantastic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The whole film was just great. 10/10 from me.

Glad you enjoyed it. Your opinion I absolutely respect even if I disagree with you on TDKR :lol This film is how you treat a property with respect and open up the franchise to a potential broader audience.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway, DiFabio said it's great so people go out and see this!!!!!

Hey guys, I posted a link to that 5 film Bluray collection for $20. If you don't own them, get it. I got an $8 voucher for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes so if you haven't seen that yet or were going to see it a second time like me, it makes it an even greater value!

Glad I'm not the only one. :lol I was surprised on how emotional it was at times.

Just saw it earlier today and this one surpasses the first on all accounts. I was initially afraid that they would portray one side as being the good while the other being bad, but it really does a good job of balancing things out. There are times when you wanted to blame the humans but couldn't, same goes for the apes. They were both fighting for self preservation with both parties having done both good and bad.

Not to mention the CGI, animation and mo-cap work was top notch. There were rarely any times where I was taken out of the movie due to the CGI and that's saying something considering the amount of CGI apes there were on screen. Looking forward to rewatching this movie on blu-ray.

Fantastic movie all around. Can't wait to see how the sequel plays out when they get around to doing it. Haven't watched the originals but now I'm planning picking up the set on Amazon.

Hey guys, I posted a link to that 5 film Bluray collection for $20. If you don't own them, get it. I got an $8 voucher for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes so if you haven't seen that yet or were going to see it a second time like me, it makes it an even greater value!

Thanks for the heads up, I might do the same.

A great movie for sure, so much better than TF4, that's for sure. This movie actually had emotion and drama with the action. I really hope they make another one. Both of these new Apes movies have surprised me in a good way! This one had some very emotional moments.

Just watched Beneath, man it's always a chore, easily the worst of the franchise. Onwards to Escape!

Just watched Beneath, man it's always a chore, easily the worst of the franchise. Onwards to Escape!

I thought it was the second worst, Battle takes the number one spot for me, but they’re both kind of interchangeable for the worst spot in the series.

It was always my second favorite behind the original. Haven't seen Battle or Conquest in AGES but as a kid, those were my least favorites. Perhaps as an adult I'll appreciate Conquest more?

for me Battle was the worst, but I still enjoyed them all. Loved the endings of the first 3...just awesome

I remember when I was a kid, the mutants revealing their real faces in Beneath scared the crap out of me. That and the choir and bomb worshiping. Weird stuff.

I was pissed when they killed off Talyor too.

Yep, he went out just like Billy Costigan, or should I say Billy Costigan went out like Taylor, either way, I was shocked when he got offed like he did.

Back