Disney’s Mulan (Live action) in theaters March 27. 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think this movie will make bank, and from the numbers there, looks like it will. You can assume most people that will be watching this will be with family and $30 bucks might be even less with a family at the theater. When you see people dropping money for streamers on Twitch and GoFundMe, I see people justifying $30 easy. Hell, if Bond or Black Widow came out now, I rent it. And I didn't even plan on seeing Widow in theaters! I think this is a great experiment that obviously has been working for Netflix.

It's really a shame this couldn't open in more theaters, as the visuals were clearly meant for a big screen and would have added a lot more to the movie. I'm kinda wishing now that they had held it back longer, and hope they will consider doing the same with WW84...

Re: Disney??[emoji769]s Mulan (Live action) in theaters March 27. 2020

I think this movie will make bank, and from the numbers there, looks like it will. You can assume most people that will be watching this will be with family and $30 bucks might be even less with a family at the theater. When you see people dropping money for streamers on Twitch and GoFundMe, I see people justifying $30 easy. Hell, if Bond or Black Widow came out now, I rent it. And I didn't even plan on seeing Widow in theaters! I think this is a great experiment that obviously has been working for Netflix.
Read the article.

It was written last year about the Trailer.

Disney hasn't released any sales figures that I know of. I imagine if it was something to brag about, they would be yelling it from the rooftops.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't imagine it will do very well immediately. But this kind of release is a long game, right? It basically replaces not only theatrical but also pay-per-view, so the window is much longer. We've gotten so used to immediate boxoffice for movies that only last 3 months at best in the theater. Streaming should be seen more like old school theatrical, where the film might run for 6 months before you have a total.

I can't wait for the arguments from people "proving" that a film is a success or failure in this format. Going to be very inventive evidence, that's for sure.

I don't imagine it will do very well immediately. But this kind of release is a long game, right? It basically replaces not only theatrical but also pay-per-view, so the window is much longer. We've gotten so used to immediate boxoffice for movies that only last 3 months at best in the theater. Streaming should be seen more like old school theatrical, where the film might run for 6 months before you have a total.

I can't wait for the arguments from people "proving" that a film is a success or failure in this format. Going to be very inventive evidence, that's for sure.
As of December 4th it's free on Disney+

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So according to Grace, China has concentration camps for Muslims and Christians, where they sterilize people among other horrible things and Disney not only knew about it, but the filmed the Mulan movie right next to one of those camps. Disney and Nike are trash.

So according to Grace, China has concentration camps for Muslims and Christians, where they sterilize people among other horrible things and Disney not only knew about it, but the filmed the Mulan movie right next to one of those camps. Disney and Nike are trash.

Ye this made Australian news early this Wednesday morning.

Ye this made Australian news early this Wednesday morning.

This is why the movie caused outrage in the first place.

China has essentially been performing their own version of the Holocaust for a few years now, but no one cares because it's China and that's where we make our stuff.

The secondary aspect of it is, China has been squashing Hong Kong and their freedoms, with police arresting, assaulting, and otherwise doing bad stuff to protesters. And the lead actress expressed her support of the police, which is pretty bad.

So, it was really stupid of Disney to do a Mulan remake in the first place, because China have been real *******s lately.

Yeah those were definitely some really poor judgments made on the part of the studio and actress, so I can understand why many would want nothing to do with this movie. Although I think it still works well enough on it's own terms, and puts forward a positive and inspiring enough message to overcome at least some of that.

Although I think it still works well enough on it's own terms, and puts forward a positive and inspiring enough message to overcome at least some of that.

A jock beats up a nerd. The jock's cheerleader girlfriend tells the nerd how inspiring he is.

Dunno about you, but I don't find that very moving.

That's an odd analogy, but ok. I suppose if the story itself was pushing for the oppression of people, that might apply. But it's just about some girl finding her own strength and becoming her own person and all the usual heartwarming Disney stuff.

Don't forget they also thanked the agency responsible for those camps in the credits! Oopsie Daisy.

Back