David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

:lol almost as bad as;

"It doesn't follow the comic book series that was made for cartoon network"

What the??? Dude I freaking DVR'd Shane this weekend, watched the first half, then got too tired and crashed. I was gonna finish it tonight! So the kid's gonna blow him away to put him out of his misery or something? Son of a *****! I'm not kidding you a 63 year old movie getting spoiled hours before finishing it. What. Are. The. Odds. And I was just telling RIDDICK "you snooze you lose." Dammit! :banghead :lol
:rotfl

That Shane. He had it coming.

@cbg19 video

You shouldn't trust her opinion on DC, she doesn't know nor care about DC, she even paired her BvS """review""" to a "make a pearl necklace" tutorial, that's how much she cares.

Having said that, she's very knowledgeable about Marvel, Euro and indie stuff, she knows more about the funny books than most people here, she even makes fantastic X-men documentaries, also knows about movies and books, she has even interviewed some cool people like Lance Henriksen.

So she ain't no fake geek, even if she looks and talks like a turbo ****** Californian millennial.

Plus, she was on the right side on the Ghostbusters 2016 internet war. So that's makes her ok in my book.

DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

@cbg19 video

You shouldn't trust her opinion on DC, she doesn't know nor care about DC, she even paired her BvS """review""" to a "make a pearl necklace" tutorial, that's how much she cares.

Having said that, she's very knowledgeable about Marvel, Euro and indie stuff, she knows more about the funny books than most people here, she even makes fantastic X-men documentaries, also knows about movies and books, she has even interviewed some cool people like Lance Henriksen.

So she ain't no fake geek, even if she looks and talks like a turbo ****** Californian millennial.

Plus, she was on the right side on the Ghostbusters 2016 internet war. So that's makes her ok in my book.

Eh, I don't trust her because she's not able to separate the comics from the movies. I remember watching a video of her saying that Bryan Singer just doesn't understand the X-Men and that all she ever wanted to see in the X-Men movies are the mutants having fun playing basketball together.

Maybe you can trust her opinion on comics but definitely not movies in my opinion.

Eh, I don't trust her because she's not able to separate the comics from the movies. I remember watching a video of her saying that Bryan Singer just doesn't understand the X-Men and that all she ever wanted to see in the X-Men movies are the mutants having fun playing basketball together.

Maybe you can trust her opinion on comics but definitely not movies in my opinion.
Well, it's as valid an opinion as the people who don't like the Snyderverse based on premise alone. After all, the X-men are her favorite thing.

But yeah, you can't trust her opinion on the Singerverse because she simply doesn't like it.

Yeah you're gonna be disappointed if you watch that one :C

So that's makes her ok in my Millennial book.

fEIyjZ2.jpg

:chase :monkey3

Well, it's as valid an opinion as the people who don't like the Snyderverse based on premise alone. After all, the X-men are her favorite thing.

But yeah, you can't trust her opinion on the Singerverse because she simply doesn't like it.

Those people that hate the Snyderverse on premise alone are idiots too. That's why I actually trust the critics that don't know anything about the source material more than I do these YouTube critics because they just judge these movies for what they are.

Those people that hate the Snyderverse on premise alone are idiots too.
They're not, I think they have a valid stance, I think that's the most valid criticism of them all, compared to the general consensus that it's a bad movie on its own.

You can't completely dissociate something that's based on something else, and it doesn't completely stand on its own.

They're not, I think they have a valid stance.

You can't completely dissociate something that's based on something else, and it doesn't completely stand on its own.

I don't see how they do, I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, but if a movie was made and it changed almost everything from the games but was still a great movie, I would recognize it as a good movie that I might not even like for personal reasons. She, and a lot of fans like her go into these movies with a negative mindset because they're not getting the movie they want, whether it's good or not, then trash if afterwards. I've seen her trash every X-Men movie and every time she does she brings up the most ridiculous reasons.

I don't see how they do, I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, but if a movie was made and it changed almost everything from the games but was still a great movie, I would recognize it as a good movie that I might not even like for personal reasons. She, and a lot of fans like her go into these movies with a negative mindset because they're not getting the movie they want, whether it's good or not, then trash if afterwards. I've seen her trash every X-Men movie and every time she does she brings up the most ridiculous reasons.
Sure, I agree with you, I don't mind departures either.

But you can't blame people for having expectations when a movie is based on something they like. I love BvS, but there was a barrier of "artistic freedom" I had to cross to see its merits, I was (still am) challenged by it.

It's easier for you because you don't like comics right? You were a blank slate when it comes to the X-men movies.

Sure I can blame them, they should know these large budget blockbusters are being made for the masses. Sometimes that can be good sometimes that can be bad sometimes but I don't see how Singers X-Men strays further from the source material than any other superhero movie outside of the costumes of course.

Whenever she gives her opinion on what would make a great X-Men movie she talks about all the shallow crap like "Rogue being a badass" or her relationship with Gambit. She even recommended Whedon direct a X-Men film because he understands these characters. A lot of the time, the fanboys excuse crap just because it's lifted right off the pages of some of their favorite comics with an entirely different context. Going into these movies, and giving a review on a popular channel, the number one thing is to try and be as objective as possible, she certainly isn't capable of that.

I am a pretty big X-Men fan and read a lot of the comics. I'm not an encyclopedia like some here but X-Men, Namor, Daredevil, and Punisher I read a good amount of, as well as collect the figure watch shows and all that other fanboy stuff :lol

Last edited:

Comic Rogue flys.

She doesn't in the movies.

Do the movies suck because she doesn't fly?

That's kind of what I'm getting at, in fact her role in the movies is one I know a lot of people don't like but her character best conveys the hardships of being a mutant, she's one of the few mutants in the movies where nobody want her powers :lol

Sure I can blame them, they should know these large budget blockbusters are being made for the masses. Sometimes that can be good sometimes that can be bad sometimes but I don't see how Singers X-Men strays further from the source material than any other superhero movie outside of the costumes of course.

Whenever she gives her opinion on what would make a great X-Men movie she talks about all the shallow crap like "Rogue being a badass" or her relationship with Gambit. She even recommended Whedon direct a X-Men film because he understands these characters. A lot of the time, the fanboys excuse crap just because it's lifted right off the pages of some of their favorite comics with an entirely different context. Going into these movies, and giving a review on a popular channel, the number one thing is to try and be as objective as possible, she certainly isn't capable of that.
:lol why? They're not journalists, or critics, they're just geeks bitching like all of us :lol that's one of the things that liberated me from critics when I realized that. You're not gonna get objectivity when it comes to CBMs, not these days.

In this particular case, she isn't working under a new agency or a film magazine, it's her own youtube channel. She usually caters to the MCU crowd, hence why I said you shouldn't trust her when it come to the Singervers.... Or DC in general.

I must clarify, what I meant by stance is that it's perfectly valid to say "I don't like something because it isn't like the comics", that's ok.

Lol her credibility is **** when she said Scott Snyder's Batman vs. Superman. :lol

@cbg19 video

thats not fair because she explains why she did the pearl necklace aspect of the video. She got too depressed and pissed off with Batman V Superman and instead of ranting and just trashing it and being mad she did the necklace thing as a joke so that they review could be less depressing.

(you would notice that before the suicide squad review she made a video where she contemplated changing her career because of how let down she was)

so the necklace thing was done as a joke

Back