David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

There's no way any film called "Suicide Squad" was ever going to be all things to all people. If people want to compare it to the worst of the worst of whatever other films or series, fine. Let them. If it didn't rub someone the wrong way then it probably wouldn't have been doing its job.

There's always going to be a situation where movie A has better aspects over movie B. You could compare movies like that in a neverending list. It doesn't mean movie B, C, D and so are are not a good a movie as movie A.

The Hunger Games is a bad example to use. Catching Fire is head and shoulders better than The Hunger Games.

There's no way any film called "Suicide Squad" was ever going to be all things to all people. If people want to compare it to the worst of the worst of whatever other films or series, fine. Let them. If it didn't rub someone the wrong way then it probably wouldn't have been doing its job.

:goodpost::goodpost::lecture

seems people are digging the soundtrack! :rock

'Suicide Squad' Soundtrack Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart

The all-star Suicide Squad soundtrack roars in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, earning 182,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 11, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 128,000 were in traditional album sales — the best sales debut for a soundtrack in a year-and-a-half.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ide-squad-soundtrack-tops-billboard-200-chart

:lol

Another bit that made more sense the second time around was Croc underwater at the end. I literally thought he went full homicidal on all the soldiers out of the blue but then last night I noticed that there were extra blob head minions down there that he was fighting with instead. Makes a lot more sense now. And of course him getting tangled up with them presented a feasible reason for why he was out of the blast radius.

I found myself really liking Enchantress. Since what's her name isn't a great actress it was a really good move to have her voiced by some cool Cate Blanchett sounding chick. Also by having her be the main villain it also provided a nice organic reason for why the team would immediately be called into action. So often with movies like this the simultaneous creation of both the heroes and the villains are just so damned eye rollingly contrived. The worst ever of course being the original 2002 Spider-Man where Peter and Norman both spontaneously becoming opposing superbeings the exact same week under completely different circumstances. Talk about a bajillion to 1 scenario.

And it's interesting that Bruce Wayne basically owns Amanda Waller now. I'm guessing she'll be working her ass off to get some dirt on him to even out the "leverage." Unless of course the assumption is simply that she knows he's Batman and he'll keep her involvement in destroying Midway City a secret as long as she keeps quiet. But I don't think that that last scene really said one way or another if she knows or not. For all she knows he's just the "Amanda Waller" of the Justice League; a normal who organizes the supers.

And I don't know if it was just because some of you planted the seed or not but watching Joker and Harley rise from the chemicals with that music playing...it did feel kind of Twilight-ish. :lol So karamazov I'll give that one to you bud. But interestingly enough I still LOVE how that scene is not only staged but also edited in with the "present day" footage. Not only does the sequence start out with a cool "Ghostbusters" moment (Harley getting tired while ascending the massive staircase) but I really liked how they took the opportunity to, again, organically have her look over the rail and be reminded of her fall at the Chemical Plant. And then having her snap out of it and almost blow Deadshot's head off. Great editing, great character moments for all.

And being an idiot who does NOT know these characters comic/cartoon backstories it actually clicked that those chemicals turned her skin white like the Joker's. Derp. :lol I guess I assumed she was either really pale or had make-up or something. I think Heath Ledger might have contributed to me not instantly making the assumption that their actual skin was white.

I did find it odd when she snapped out of it and asked Deadshot if he has ever loved anyone, he immediately answered no because of his assassination history.

I was hoping his answer was yes....my daughter.

By him not saying he loved his daughter it somewhat deflated his story arc for me.

I did find it odd when she snapped out of it and asked Deadshot if he has ever loved anyone, he immediately answered no because of his assassination history.

By him not saying he loved his daughter it somewhat deflated his story arc somewhat for me.

I took it as a romantic inquiry so it worked for me.

By him not saying he loved his daughter it somewhat deflated his story arc for me.

I don't think Harley meant that kind of lovin' Jye. :lol

Hmmmm,

But he didn't know what she was daydreaming about so her question could've been about anyone.

Besides, love is love.

C'mon now, I love my son as much as I love my wife and 1/6 Batmobiles.

Hmmmm,

But he didn't know what she was daydreaming about so her question could've been about anyone.

Besides, love is love.

yeah, but he knew Joker was on his way for her, and that's the kind of love she was referencing.

They kinda pound the love DS has for his daughter as is, something like that would a been a lil cheese for me.

Hmmmm,

Besides, love is love.

When someone talks about being "in love" I default to assuming it means romance. If she asked him if he'd ever loved anyone I could see it as being yes but since she said "have you ever been in love" to me it meant romantically. He also paused before he answered as if the answer might have been yes but he was trying to deny it because he thought he didn't deserve it, didn't want to "go there" emotionally in the middle of a mission, etc.

Don't make me whip out X2 Nightcrawler and Catwoman. :lol

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

There's always going to be a situation where movie A has better aspects over movie B. You could compare movies like that in a neverending list. It doesn't mean movie B, C, D and so are are not a good a movie as movie A.

The Hunger Games is a bad example to use. Catching Fire is head and shoulders better than The Hunger Games.

Ah, I never seen it, I kind of lost interest.

I just find SS to be too similar to F4 in that its pretty much watching like a broken film. It doesn’t work on any level for me, except with F4 I can see what the director was attempting and he didn’t get a chance to execute it because of behind the scenes drama. SS I just cant see how it would have ever worked, studio meddling or not. I believe theres a much better cut of the movie out there, and its way better paced, its much more coherent, it better edited, but I still bet it was a bad movie. With SS and F4 I can see its been tampered with, and I can even find scenes that are obviously from reshoots. If Catching Fire is better than the first movie, than it must be better than SS already in my opinion.

You're in a thread 10 days after the movie released. really the only people in here are going to be the ones who liked it enough to still be discussing it. if you wan't to go flame this movie somewhere on the internet, and have people agree with you, do it anywhere else. :lol

You just proved that writer's point. WTG.:lol

Its not the subject matter thats rubbing the wrong way, its horrible writing, the editing, the script, performances etc… :lol

Back