Action Figure 1/6 DamToys Assassin's Creed Origins - Bayek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the invoice from KG. But now I'm conflicted as what happens if we get Ezio from AC2 next month. Although this figure is great, I'm starting to feel like maybe passing on it isn't a problem. Though I'd be losing my NRD.

Figure delivered in just two days by KGHobby using UPS from Hong Kong to Italy. This rarely happened pre-pandemic, I am sincerely amazed.

IMG_8194.jpg

This is my first Damtoys figure. Excellent quality all-around. Arrow shafts are made of sturdy metal, they won't bend unless you step on them or really try with your hands... On the contrary the assassin blade is made or a really, really flimsy plastic, it will break in no time if you are not careful. Bow string is made of thin, elastic nylon, it may deteriorate down the line and you should be careful it won't become sticky and stick to the clothes leaving residue on them. It should be easily replaced if that ever happens.

Many of you will be disappointed by the hood. It is made of fabric and it is glued to the scarf, which is made of soft plastic. You really can't pull it further down on the head, and even if you unglue it it will have residue on the fabric, unless you somehow manage to melt the glue away. I really don't care as I'm going to display without it. It also tends to have a round shape surrounding the head, maybe someone will try to water treat it to make it fall more naturally.

Costume is gorgeous, the red sash around the waist and the one running along the left side of the body are wired (one of the wires sticks out a little at the end, will have to cut it) so they are very poseable to make them go with your pose and to cover the joints. The prints on them are great but the material is a little plasticky to the touch and to the sight, a tad shinier than what I would have preferred.

Arms joint are really stiff and ratcheted. They bend at 90 degrees and this limits some of the action poses. It's gonna be really hard to make the bow work but haven't tried yet. Unfortunately, given that the figure is barechested on the right side, you can often see the butterfly joint exposed.
Worst part of the figure is the lower body. Unlike the chest and arms the plastic is neither sculpet nor painted. Legs are made of just a shiny and slick plastic. You can even see the legs extenders glued at the bottom. I might try to replace the whole lower body with another one I have laying around, but the pants and the shin guards are very, very tight, as the stock legs are also very skinny.

I was afraid the transparent rod for Senu was too long, but it's fine. You can always cut it if you want is shorter.

Great figure.

The hood in this pic seems to cover more of the head/face than the one in the vid.
Will have to wait to see when mine arrive. Really looking forward to this.

bayek2.jpg

Wow! looks so much better with the TBL body. Any guesses which body that is? Looks like an M31

Honestly, it doesn't look good. Body proportions are way off. Maybe it would look better with a different body. But loosing the arm tattoos is not worth it for me.

I did something different, I switched the lower body to a sculpted I had around. I'll post photos tomorrow.

Honestly, it doesn't look good. Body proportions are way off. Maybe it would look better with a different body. But loosing the arm tattoos is not worth it for me.

I did something different, I switched the lower body to a sculpted I had around. I'll post photos tomorrow.
That's interesting. Please show pics when you can.

Just recived bayek and saw a defect of fading paint from joint's arm.
It seems a common problem after watching some youtube reviews...
What did you do guys with this problem?? Contact the seller? Try to fix it?
20210430_100813.jpg
20210430_100829.jpg

I wouldn't stress over it. It looks like DAM used a light skin tone plastic for the joint disk and painted over it. Unfortunate, but paint on a rotating joint just isn't going to stay in place, it's not an uncommon thing. Any replacement you get will more than do the same thing, as they've all been made the same way. The reason you usually don't see that is because they match the color of the joint to the skin of the non articulated surfaces.

Back