Action Figure 1/6 DamToys Assassin's Creed Origins - Bayek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's...stupid. Assassin's Creed is very, very popular in Japan, but not very popular in the rest of Asia. Pretty similar to the way Star Wars is. I don't know why they'd ever make Assassin's Creed figures exclusive to an area doesn't contain a lot of fans.
It doesn't have anything to do with DAM unfortunately. It depends on the game and territories through Ubi. I have no idea the details but I do know that NECA could only retail in select markets just the same as with McF. Certain official Ubi shop merch is only available in their European online stores and won't ship elsewhere (including quite a few AC statues). Some are shared through Australian distributors. Why this is the case is beyond me, but there's something intrinsic to the license that causes these issues.

The game was a little meh for me. But this figure design and execution looks to be top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally PO Bayek on Kghobby. I liked the game overall story was fine, not great but it was acceptable. I'm hoping we get Alexios next and hopefully they announce an Evor figure.

Finally PO Bayek on Kghobby. I liked the game overall story was fine, not great but it was acceptable. I'm hoping we get Alexios next and hopefully they announce an Evor figure.

Considering Kassandra is the canon character, she's more likely to be made than Alexios, unless they announce both of them together.

Considering Kassandra is the canon character, she's more likely to be made than Alexios, unless they announce both of them together.
I don't care for Kassandra much. Alexios was used for their promotional work so I'd imagine they would make him and I prefer him as that's who I played with in game. But it would work to make both characters so people can get both if they wanted. Same goes for Evor both male and female version could be done.

Let's wrap up the characters that actually look the part before we go for generic Greek solider and Viking please.

I just haven't wrapped my head around it. The series has two defining points of imagery, the hood and the blade. Is it that hard to keep that consistent for the stock character?

Never cared about the hood. The moment they gave me the possibility to take it off it was gone from my playing experience. To each his own.

Never cared about the hood. The moment they gave me the possibility to take it off it was gone from my playing experience. To each his own.
I agree though I don't mind using it when it's characters like Connor and Bayek. In Odyssey it wasn't necessary given that it predates the Assassin order. Though Eivor will be an Assassin he might not care to ware the Hood as again it's not necessary to a Viking Berserker.

Kassandra is the only one who shouldn't have been wearing the hood.

Altair/Ezio/Connor/Edward/Arno were all in an era where Assassins wore hood. By the time of the Frye twins, it seems Assassins stopped wearing them as much, but, Evie may have kept hers on as she was much more of a traditionalist than Jacob was.

Bayek wearing a hood made sense even though he wasn't an Assassin because, well, Egypt. The sun is murder there.

Kassandra not wearing a hood made sense and I played the entire game without the hood on her.

I hope Damtoys doesn't stop the line with the main outfits of each Assassin. I want to see Bayek from the hidden ones DLC which is his actual assassin outfit. 6888eda0e786ac786662aed4e7c71770.jpg46f103b6fdb661441fd5cac2c6d0cdc5.jpg

I hope Damtoys doesn't stop the line with the main outfits of each Assassin. I want to see Bayek from the hidden ones DLC which is his actual assassin outfit. View attachment 484567View attachment 484568

By coincidence I just came here to make this same post. Even though I think its unlikely they would make a new figure of him; this is my favorite outfit of his and by far the most "Assassin-y".

On another note; there were really there were three big problems that stopped this game from really meeting my expectations.

1. They wanted to set this game during the time of Cleopatra; which is way at the very end of New Kingdom "Ancient Egypt". By this point; a lot of the things we typically associate with Ancient Egypt were already ancient and long in the past; most already reduced to ruin. Personally I was really hoping for something closer to Old Kingdom egypt in its hayday.

2. The game once again made the vague and oft-repeated Assassins Creed mistake of giving me a list of random people to kill; with the assurance that it is all part of avenging the main character's son, without really telling me exactly how these people are specifically connected or which role each of them played.

3. The game obviously couldn't decide weather they wanted Bayek or Aya to be the main character. It seems they split the development of one character, and ended up with two underdeveloped ones. Bayek the one we mostly play as; a somewhat bland protagonist who mostly happens upon the traditions of the brotherhood by accident; and despite them having no significance nor given any by him; everyone instantly decides to embrace them as essential pillars of the order. And Aya; the one who goes through the most change and clearly more dynamic of a personality; however because we barely play as her a lot of the development doesn't feel as earned and some major moments of growth happen virtually out of nowhere. And it feels a bit odd when she receives so much focus nearer to the end.
I would be willing to bet money on the fact that at one stage of development these two were one character.

Oh; and I also just remembered that all of the Animus First Civilization stuff was basically rambling nonsense and just kind of there because Ubisoft felt like they had to have it but couldn't figure out how to do it in a way that meshes with the game.

I'm just now picking this up after really not having a good impression upon release. That being said, I feel I may have judged it too harshly on round one.

But I was coming off that mess of a game that is Odyssey. The writing and performsnces in that Greek soap opera makes Origins look Oscar worthy. So that may be influencing me.

By coincidence I just came here to make this same post. Even though I think its unlikely they would make a new figure of him; this is my favorite outfit of his and by far the most "Assassin-y".

On another note; there were really there were three big problems that stopped this game from really meeting my expectations.

1. They wanted to set this game during the time of Cleopatra; which is way at the very end of New Kingdom "Ancient Egypt". By this point; a lot of the things we typically associate with Ancient Egypt were already ancient and long in the past; most already reduced to ruin. Personally I was really hoping for something closer to Old Kingdom egypt in its hayday.

2. The game once again made the vague and oft-repeated Assassins Creed mistake of giving me a list of random people to kill; with the assurance that it is all part of avenging the main character's son, without really telling me exactly how these people are specifically connected or which role each of them played.

3. The game obviously couldn't decide weather they wanted Bayek or Aya to be the main character. It seems they split the development of one character, and ended up with two underdeveloped ones. Bayek the one we mostly play as; a somewhat bland protagonist who mostly happens upon the traditions of the brotherhood by accident; and despite them having no significance nor given any by him; everyone instantly decides to embrace them as essential pillars of the order. And Aya; the one who goes through the most change and clearly more dynamic of a personality; however because we barely play as her a lot of the development doesn't feel as earned and some major moments of growth happen virtually out of nowhere. And it feels a bit odd when she receives so much focus nearer to the end.
I would be willing to bet money on the fact that at one stage of development these two were one character.

Oh; and I also just remembered that all of the Animus First Civilization stuff was basically rambling nonsense and just kind of there because Ubisoft felt like they had to have it but couldn't figure out how to do it in a way that meshes with the game.
I can Agree on some points but I disagree about Bayek contributed to the order. He is the founder himself, the belief he brings in to protect the freedom of people and them in general is the job of the medjay which is what he is. He contributed the leap of faith from a personal level in order to conquer one's fear something he learned from his father. Now he didn't necessarily contribute the ring finger removal directly but the people who followed did it as a way to show their commitment to the creed and that they believe in him. Now as far as his targets goes he mentioned that they were the ones at siwa that had him and his son captive to get answer on the vault under the temple which was the cause of his sons death (again not directly but inadvertently) he blames them for what happened so they are his targets at least the first five until Aya brings up the order of ancients and so the story progresses from revenge to duty. At least that's how I see it. Also the hidden blade idea came from Darius of persia who invented it and used it to kill Xerxes, it's just passed down now to aya and now Bayek who then adopted it into the brotherhood. (unless you played the DLC for Odyssey which completely ruined the canon for Darius) but overall regardless I liked the game story wise far more then Odyssey.

I can Agree on some points but I disagree about Bayek contributed to the order. He is the founder himself, the belief he brings in to protect the freedom of people and them in general is the job of the medjay which is what he is. He contributed the leap of faith from a personal level in order to conquer one's fear something he learned from his father. Now he didn't necessarily contribute the ring finger removal directly but the people who followed did it as a way to show their commitment to the creed and that they believe in him. Now as far as his targets goes he mentioned that they were the ones at siwa that had him and his son captive to get answer on the vault under the temple which was the cause of his sons death (again not directly but inadvertently) he blames them for what happened so they are his targets at least the first five until Aya brings up the order of ancients and so the story progresses from revenge to duty. At least that's how I see it. Also the hidden blade idea came from Darius of persia who invented it and used it to kill Xerxes, it's just passed down now to aya and now Bayek who then adopted it into the brotherhood. (unless you played the DLC for Odyssey which completely ruined the canon for Darius) but overall regardless I liked the game story wise far more then Odyssey.

Im with you on the leap of faith as that was something already important to Bayek; but the loss of his finger was a complete accident and for some reason everyone else starts unnecessarily chopping off their fingers much to his confusion. And the Assassin symbol was just the imprint that a bird skull left when he threw it in the ground. He probably wouldn't have even noticed it had Aya not picked it up. Truthfully Bayek seemed more interested in just avenging his son and helping people where he could. Aya was the one who seemed to place significance in everything and formalize it as an order and way of life. She was the one who had that huge speech at the end about becoming a new person and renouncing her old life. Bayek seemed to just be interested continuing a gorified neighborhood watch in Egypt while Aya recognized how big a force the order could become in shifting world power from the shadows. This should have been the arc of one character, or at the very least less lopsidedly split between two.

Im not saying its worse than Odyssey; as frankly I think that whole game's story is a bit of a mess. But that doesn't mean that I wish that Origin's story wasn't alot tighter. Or that it didn't take place in the glory days of Ancient Egypt; as the trailer indicated it would. haha.

Im with you on the leap of faith as that was something already important to Bayek; but the loss of his finger was a complete accident and for some reason everyone else starts unnecessarily chopping off their fingers much to his confusion. And the Assassin symbol was just the imprint that a bird skull left when he threw it in the ground. He probably wouldn't have even noticed it had Aya not picked it up. Truthfully Bayek seemed more interested in just avenging his son and helping people where he could. Aya was the one who seemed to place significance in everything and formalize it as an order and way of life. She was the one who had that huge speech at the end about becoming a new person and renouncing her old life. Bayek seemed to just be interested continuing a gorified neighborhood watch in Egypt while Aya recognized how big a force the order could become in shifting world power from the shadows. This should have been the arc of one character, or at the very least less lopsidedly split between two.

Im not saying its worse than Odyssey; as frankly I think that whole game's story is a bit of a mess. But that doesn't mean that I wish that Origin's story wasn't alot tighter. Or that it didn't take place in the glory days of Ancient Egypt; as the trailer indicated it would. haha.
Yeah He did want to stop the one member from removing her finger but she still did it out of faith. I think the point of the Hidden Ones was so they would stay in the shadows and protect people. Aya is of course Amunet one of the big figures in Assassin history (you find her statue bellow monteriggioni next to Darius of Persia) she becomes important and known as a grandmaster assassin for her assassination of Caesar and Cleopatra, I don't think Bayek cared for that level of fame or importance I think the Creed was more important and hence he is buried in secret and is never mentioned. Aya however went down as an important Assassin that's why the game tries to focus on her near the end which disconnected me completely.

Yeah He did want to stop the one member from removing her finger but she still did it out of faith.

See, I still don't track the connection there. Bayek loses his finger in an accident so they all choose to remove their finger to show their faith in him? Not following the logic there.

See, I still don't track the connection there. Bayek loses his finger in an accident so they all choose to remove their finger to show their faith in him? Not following the logic there.
Yeah they adopted it. But also because the hidden blade on the inside of the wrist, it can't be used due to risk of cutting that finger off as it happened to Bayek. The missing finger allows the blade to pass through the fist without issue. Funny because the blade was meant to be worn on the front of the wrist as used by Darius. So other then cutting off the finger to show commitment to the brotherhood it's also so they can be able to use the Hidden Blade without cutting the ring finger off by accident and not be able to use it. It's not until the renaissance that the Hidden blade was modified to no longer require that sacrifice of the ring finger.

Finally, so glad they made this one. Hurry up and charge me Kghobby!

Must admit, I haven't played too many assassin's creed games beyond the first and second on xbox 360 back in the day, but I just really dig these characters designs. Nothing against Hot Toys, but I'm glad there is other companies that can equally compete at the same level.

Toy collecting now strikes me more as art collecting. Everything is so intricate and detailed, just gets difficult to choose when my interest are so broad, I do only keep it to sixth scale. These certainly look like works of art on a shelf.

Damn, out already? Does that mean the AC 2 And Revelations Ezio will be dropping soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back