Cyber-X - Rambo: Last Blood 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rambo: Last Blood 1/6 scale figue

Headsculpt looks like a caricature of Dolph Lundgren when he played the Punisher. I really hope they redo the heads on this figure. Rambo deserves better.

Guys, is it just me - the neutral expression isn't the worst likeness I've seen... Or am I being too optimistic? Nothing springs to mind immediately, but I can say somewhat confidently this isn't a trainwreck like some 1/6th figs... :S

I think it’s a decent likeness, the problem with both portraits is that they look like a cartoon rendition and don’t look realistic at all.

I think it?s a decent likeness, the problem with both portraits is that they look like a cartoon rendition and don?t look realistic at all.

I agree! It's like a slightly more realistic take on what a theme park caricaturist would draw up while Stallone sat still...

I think if you take it as such, it's not the worst..(?)

I may actually grab, as the fact that RAMBO stuff is so rare - miracle we're getting anything at all! :)

Portrait aside, the set comes with a lot of accessories and many unique to this character and not even re-use from other military figures.

Looking at the portrait, the eyes/nose/mouth area on the neutral portrait looks good, they just have the shape of Stallone?s face and head off, it?s like a downward pointing triangle if you simplify his real face, but the figure is square looking.

120815-rpmiymtedb-1559244019.jpeg

Also, the angry head isn?t that bad, the paint apps on the teeth ruin it, it?s just a big blob of white the likes of a NECA figure on a portrait shooting for some measure of realism.

I don't think those headsculpts would be acceptable ten years ago, let alone in today's quality standards. Even the sculpted knives are laughably bad.

Looking at the portrait, the eyes/nose/mouth area on the neutral portrait looks good, they just have the shape of Stallone?s face and head off, it?s like a downward pointing triangle if you simplify his real face, but the figure is square looking.

120815-rpmiymtedb-1559244019.jpeg

Also, the angry head isn?t that bad, the paint apps on the teeth ruin it, it?s just a big blob of white the likes of a NECA figure on a portrait shooting for some measure of realism.

The only thing I think is off (along with the head shape like you mentioned) is the nose... they've done a decent job of the eyes/mouth. Something misses the mark a bit with his nose.

I'm warming up to the 'angry' face despite what you pointed out about the Crest 3D-White teeth, haha!

This is LEAGUES better than Hot Toys' Rambo sculpts. Those were atrocious; so much so that I sold them, and I'm a lifelong Rambo fan.

Too bad nobody's making Rambo (IV) 1/6th scale...

I don't think those headsculpts would be acceptable ten years ago, let alone in today's quality standards. Even the sculpted knives are laughably bad.

Ummm, I'll call attention to Hot Toys' original First Blood sculpt, as well as their Rambo II one... hell, ALL of their "RAMBO" figures (used loosely). I was a prou--embarrassed owner of all of them, haha!

*EDIT* I know those were over 10 years ago, but you get the idea ;) (Feel free to Google the rest; I felt dirty just looking these up)

rambo2.jpg
rambo2_.jpg
rambo_1.jpg
rambo3fig1.jpg

Dunno, but aren’t they all the same company in the end? Branding and rebranding and re-rebranding? Coomodel=CM toys and so on. I bet there are only two or three companies behind all these.

Ace Toyz just said it will be a full set figure.

Back