ThreeZero RAMBO: First Blood Part II - 1/6th scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I liked Rambo III, going to be a lot of cheap 3Z Rambos on ebay.

But then, I wish I could talk myself into liking this one... but I'm still not convinced.

Does 3Z ever improve their products in production?

Well they did for the Rambo III figure. The final product came out much improved from the proto as I recall. And didn't they do further batches in response to the praise that figure was receiving?

Just a pity they've kept reusing that same body.

View attachment 655277View attachment 655278View attachment 655279

I'm not sure why the red headband makes such a difference, but it really completes the "iconic" look for me. As much as I prefer the first film and like the previous two figures, this is the version I've been wanting for a long time.
The head looks ridiculously small on this body, it is very noticeable in the first and third photos. And the body is totally disproportionate for this portrayal of the character. It's a shame, because this is the most iconic representation of Rambo and I think they are not going to change anything from the prototype. On the other hand, the change of body can be complicated for this figure...

The body along with the fact that it’s not my favorite film are keeping me from liking the figure more too. Otherwise it’s kind of cool looking.

One of these days I might just bite on the First Blood version in spite of the body being too jacked for Stallone from the first film. Really regret passing on the Stallone Shop Rambo.

Does he come with interchangeable hair? Or did they lift the side of his hair in the third photo?

1691857364312.png
1691857402026.png

1691857496391.png

I agree with Mr. E. They could be using a longer neck peg, similar to their Rambo III fig, which could make the hair look like it’s sitting differently around the shoulders.

First Blood is Rambo to me. With that said, I do kind of dig this figure even with its weirdness.
First Blood was the best movie...but all the memes and 80s action Icon coolness of Rambo came from parts 2 and 3.

I remember my brothers bought a canteen and a long knife and a headband. It was the 80;s so yeah...boys will be boys.

I have Part 1 and 3...I must get part 2. I love the battle damage head, I do wish 3zero did interchangeable heads, and angry head, yelling head and so on.

Can;t knock them as they make good products at a 200 dollar price...so I am good with them.

Last edited:
First Blood was the best movie...but all the memes and 80s action Icon coolness of Rambo came from parts 2 and 3.

I remember my brothers bought a canteen and a long knife and a headband. It was the 80;s so yeah...boys will be boys.

I have Part 1 and 3...I must get part 2. I love the battle damage head, I do wish 3zero did interchangeable heads, and angry head, yelling head and so on.

Can;t knock them as they make good products at a 200 dollar price...so I am good with them.
When I was 9 we moved to a new house. The friends I made in the area at the same age both had First Blood survival knives. I would let my 15-year-old have a knife like that!

Rambo in First Blood was like John McClane... Rambo Part II made him a super-hero.
Nah, John McClane was meant to be your average every day guy in Die Hard. A cop, but not superhuman. Rambo in First Blood is set up as a pure killing machine, "You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best."

sure, First Blood was more of a drama than an action movie, and he broke down at the end and cried (similar to John McClane at the end of Die Hard), but Rambo was meant to be pretty much unbeatable from the start, and the Sheriff doesn't realise who he's f@#*ing with until it's too late.

Rambo 2 just placed that killing machine in the middle of a jungle at war again.

Nah, John McClane was meant to be your average every day guy in Die Hard. A cop, but not superhuman. Rambo in First Blood is set up as a pure killing machine, "You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best."

sure, First Blood was more of a drama than an action movie, and he broke down at the end and cried (similar to John McClane at the end of Die Hard), but Rambo was meant to be pretty much unbeatable from the start, and the Sheriff doesn't realise who he's f@#*ing with until it's too late.

Rambo 2 just placed that killing machine in the middle of a jungle at war again.

For me John McClane is not exactly a average day guy in die hard, he's a cop but very smart, brave etc.. clearly above average.

In the second movie Rambo become a comic book super hero or a character like James Bond "i do it all alone" .
PTSD and flashback of torture of the first movie are complety absent, Rambo have no longer any fear of being tortured without any explanation. It's a good action movie but without credible psychology or realism.

For me John McClane is not exactly a average day guy in die hard, he's a cop but very smart, brave etc.. clearly above average.

In the second movie Rambo become a comic book super hero or a character like James Bond "i do it all alone" .
PTSD and flashback of torture of the first movie are complety absent, Rambo have no longer any fear of being tortured without any explanation. It's a good action movie but without credible psychology or realism.
I meant compared to other action heroes like Schwarzenegger and Stallone who were incredibly ripped and gunned dozens of men down at a time. Obviously he's still larger than life compared to reality, he jumps off a skyscraper with a fire hose around his waist and survives.

Rambo is the same killing machine he was in the first movie. He doesn't have flashbacks because he's in the thick of it and it's been several years since First Blood, and because part 2 is a pure action movie. The movies may change but I'd argue Rambo himself remains pretty consistent throughout the films

Back