CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed it. It's like Smallville where they have the origins of several villains being "meteor-infected" people, this time it was from the particle storm thing, but hopefully it won't follow that path.

The show is pure garbage. It looks like any other CW teen show :gah: I'll probably keep watching it.

In the previews they showed Flash dodging bullets...why? That bullet should be frozen in time. He should be able to run around the earth several times before that bullet even moves :lol

The show is pure garbage. It looks like any other CW teen show :gah: I'll probably keep watching it.

In the previews they showed Flash dodging bullets...why? That bullet should be frozen in time. He should be able to run around the earth several times before that bullet even moves :lol

Hell naw, the show was good, no excessive sitcom humor, no excessive dumb drama, awesome FX and action and the characters are very good, that dude playing Flash does a really good job and the Dr. and interns are likable characters.

They obviously toned down his powers, I see nothing wrong with that

Guess I must be glad that the last Marvel related thing I've seen on TV was SMTAS :lol

Well, cartoon-wise Marvel still has somethings going on, TV series wise, it's all garbage.

It was decent. Other than the suit, it was certainly better than the original TV show's pilot.

The suit too. :lol

Yeah, until you get into an argument with a Marvel fan-boy telling you how Quicksilver is so much faster and better than Flash. Same with DBZ fanboys...:gah:

:lol I know.

Well you can play the Kingdom Come flash card in that situation, or many others.

Seeing how everybody always picks the most powerful version of their favorite characters.

:lol I know.

Well you can play the Kingdom Come flash card in that situation, or many others.

Seeing how everybody always picks the most powerful version of their favorite characters.

Yeah, but more people watch the movies and tv shows, so they get the wrong idea. Right now, most people think Flash just runs fast. I do think DC will tone down all their characters powers in both the tv shows and movies because most of those characters are just too powerful...especially if they have Batman and other human heroes in those shows and movies. Marvel will probably do the same with Thanos and a lot of their characters, but right now, Quicksilver's scene in DOFP is way more impressive than Flash's feats from episode 1.

Actually, I'd assume that his ability will continue to evolve. He has no idea just how fast he can go, and it should take some time to get there. Remember, they're hinting all over this that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually, I'd assume that his ability will continue to evolve. He has no idea just how fast he can go, and it should take some time to get there. Remember, they're hinting all over this that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's a good point. :)

I don't know how the hell they're going to pull off Grodd on a TV budget
lPVpA8k.png

Gave PILOT a shot. WOW!

After all the praise I was expecting at least something on par with first seasons of Smallville...
It's hilarious how bad it was because "unwatchable" would be an understatement.
Really liked the plot though. Too bad the script was written by a monkey and delivered by donkeys.

I new it all along, but still wanted to believe in people's opinion. Silly me :lol

I enjoyed this pilot very much but to say it's already better than Arrow is quite foolish.
Well, Flash pilot was definitely better than Arrow's.

While watching the 1st season of Arrow, I always had a lingering "meh" feeling, it had it's moments though.

:lol

In terms of cinematography and actors "Da Flush" to Smallville is like "Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" to BLADE.

But it's ok, nowadays you can sell people your carbonated piss and they'll like it.

Nah, in terms of cinematography Smellville was as average as a TV show can be, Flash is far more interesting.

Actors, yeah, SV had an overall better roster (too bad the story was telenovela crap), but Flash has it where counts, the main character and a couple supporting characters.

Just reverse your analogy and your whole comment is more accurate :lol

Ism not a a Flash or DC expert and I thought the episode was average nothing special...

Same for me , but I really liked it. The main character looks to be a good fit. I like the supporting cast a lot. For a tv show, I thought the cgi was great. I have no knowledge of villains or his full powers, but I like the potential this has.

People are complaining about the writing, so far it's better than any of the ASM movies IMO. The chemistry between flash and the cops daughter looks to be good too.

Expectedly, I already saw 90% of the cool scenes in the various trailers, but I think it held up well enough.

Grant Gustin comes off pretty naturally in the pilot, but the nerd thing they've saddled him with is already wearing kind of thin. At least he's not an emo! I likey the speed force effects, no likey the arrogantly stupid love interest (though we know he'll get with Felicity Smoak at some point). I could easily see an episode where Flash races back in time to prevent her from getting an STD from some random idiot cop at the police station to you know, fulfill her father's wishes. Can't wait to see Grodd, though according to Riddick he's already in charge of the script.

:panic: :lol

Harrison Wells as Professor Zoom or just a Reverse-Flash of some kind? Huhurmmm. Jesse Martin is the best actor in the crew, hope they give him good material and that he sticks around. JWS FTW!

Observation:

At the testing range he goes over 702 mph... then Caitlin Snow: "If you go over 700 mph it could kill you."

Yeah, ok.

Edit: That would be Rick Cosnett as the Prof. I guess Harrison would be the inventor type who creates the Cosmic Treadmill?

Did I watch the same show? Sure, the 'I like the girl who likes the other guy' storyline was contrived, but all-in-all, I found it hugely watchable....

Back