WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where are these quotes of them saying “it’s not a magic island” at comic con year after year? Honestly, I googled it. :dunno

I watched the show twice all the way through and listened to every official podcast w/ Damon & Carlton. Like you say it’s evident from the beginning that the island is supernatural.

Go poke around lostpedia. I certainly don't give enough of a crap to prove it to you right now, it is almost 2AM....but at several points the promise it's not a magic island just like they promised it wasn't "purgatory" and they were all dead.

I enjoyed Lost but never revisited it. I think I was happy about most of the character resolutions but wasn't too happy about the Island mystery. Can't really remember much now to be honest.

Go poke around lostpedia. I certainly don't give enough of a crap to prove it to you right now, it is almost 2AM....but at several points the promise it's not a magic island just like they promised it wasn't "purgatory" and they were all dead.

Well I’m certainly not going to prove your argument for you. :lol

And it wasn’t purgatory.

I enjoyed Lost but never revisited it. I think I was happy about most of the character resolutions but wasn't too happy about the Island mystery. Can't really remember much now to be honest.

Yeah, I totally get it. I watched the whole series with my my wife and our friend and after the finale my wife & I loved it and our friend was like “eh.” :lol

Fair enough. But there are a lot of negative opinions that seem to be based on misinformation and like once a year I make the mistake of bringing it up.

It's not hard to do if you just copy what Mooore did, which is what they did here, and what the writer of Doomsday Clock did.

However, this was one of those rare thoroughly enjoyable episodes I watched from start to finish.

For those keeping track at home, watch Episodes 3, 5, and 8 and ignore all the rest.

Presumably 9 might be good too, but Lindelof has a track record of not sticking the landing.

Just realized Jeff Jensen co-wrote this ep. I used to enjoy his coverage of Twin Peaks. So cool seeing talented people advancing & growing. :rock

I watched Lost for three or four years before I realized that the story was going nowhere fast. It was repetitive, and while always good at asking intriguing questions, it was crap at answering them.

The series, 'The Leftovers' is excellent, IMO. Very different than Lost but excellent. I've enjoyed the hell out of this HBO series, 'Watchmen.' Saw the movie, read the trade. All solid, all enjoyable to me.

So, Lindeloff is 2/3 for me.

I can’t imagine Watchmen overtaking Leftovers in my personal standing but who know? I have the feeling there will be a lot to digest next weekend.

I can’t imagine Watchmen overtaking Leftovers in my personal standing but who know? I have the feeling there will be a lot to digest next weekend.

For me, Watchmen and Leftovers are on the same level. One doesn't need to overtake the other in my mind for me to be impacted (or to be impressed) by what I see in them. Both are masterworks in their own right. And just like the Watchmen comic and Leftovers, I know I will be revisiting Watchmen the tv series again and again for years to come.

Yeah. Sometimes I just like a list. :lol

I definitely revisit LOST the most even if I consider it the most flawed, critically speaking.

:duff

The ending of lost reminds me of when my kids were little and they'd start telling me one of their tall tales about something crazy that happened to them at school or whatever and eventually they'd lose track of everything they said and not know where else to go with it so they'd just trail off and say they were hungry or sleepy or something to change the subject.

the plot agreed. :)

Someday I may marathon just to see if it became more satisfying. But, knowing how it ends, I just can't help but think they took a giant cop-out to the ending.

You’re certainly not alone. I wouldn’t recommend a rewatch - if anything you’ll just be more aware of the stretches where they were spinning new plot while the network hemmed and hawed about moving it forward.

There’s too much good tv IMO for that kind of backtracking. Plus, as much as I love Lost, I think DL got a lot of similar theme conveyed much more elegantly with Leftovers.

Back