Custom MARION RAVENWOOD Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A heads up on the newline pants - they are very loose. They wouldn't be suitable on a female figure I'm afraid. They are very loose on one of the new male truetype bodies . I had bought a pair for my Indy ( as they have the correct pockets at the rear ) but they are very baggy.

Thanks, Paul. Glad to see you're still checking in on the Raiders customs. :)

Yep, I was concerned about those pants from the pics but this confirms it. Anyway, plenty 'o pants on ebay.

I'll keep everyone here (at least those who check in anyway) posted on any other items that I receive and believe to be good for Marion. I like to receive the item first and make sure it will work before I suggest an item.

One option with boots is to take any number of Dragon period-accurate vinyl boots and try shrinking them with acetone (soak an hour, carefully remove, let set a week). Of course that means repainting them. That is what I am going to try.

So I have been all but absent from SSF for two months, could someone please tell me what ideas there are for her shirt and scarf fabric?

Last I heard, Spenser was going to be offering the shirt along with his sculpt. Not sure how that stands until we get an update from him. Also not sure he's doing the scarf, but that's not too tough to do yourself -- just get a thin strip of green silk material.

I just got a couple belts off ebay -- I'll let you guys know what works.

Actually I was going to do the shirt, pants, camisole, scarf and a very accurate Ra head piece necklace as a set, (most of which is prototyped already.) but you guys are moving so fast on this you have some of that stuff already. I’m going to continue with it all but I don’t know what I’m going to end up offering.

The fabric will be in soon for the shirt the printers are backed up with Halloween work at the moment.

Actually I was going to do the shirt, pants, camisole, scarf and a very accurate Ra head piece necklace as a set, (most of which is prototyped already.) but you guys are moving so fast on this you have some of that stuff already.

:slap

Say something, jeeze.

I'm sure there's many here that would love to have a complete figure delivered. Less work the better for some.

You know what I need, Spenser.

Actually I was going to do the shirt, pants, camisole, scarf and a very accurate Ra head piece necklace as a set, (most of which is prototyped already.) but you guys are moving so fast on this you have some of that stuff already. I’m going to continue with it all but I don’t know what I’m going to end up offering.

The fabric will be in soon for the shirt the printers are backed up with Halloween work at the moment.

Sign. Me. Up!

:hi5:

:slap

Say something, jeeze.

Well I sort of did back in post #70, but I wanted to get some stuff together and see what was doable first. But like I said you guys are moving like lighting on this, it’s hard to keep up :lol

You know I'm in for a set, since starting to bug you last year about a Marion.

Fantastic! I'd be really interested in one of these sets.

You can count me in as interested in the whole set. Any idea on the price or is it too early to tell yet?

You know, with all the talented fans on this forum, I'm kinda glad Sideshow (allegedly) discontinued this license. We're finally getting the characters we've been screaming for (and they're all looking REALLY nice so far). First, Sallah and now Marion in not one, but TWO versions. Good times indeed.

I started building my Marion NECKLACE today. Tedious work!!! I still need the small coin but here's what I got so far...

NECKLACE2.jpg
NECKLACE3.jpg

And here's the frickin' scale I'm working at...

NECKLACE1.jpg

Now that I see it in scale the tiny ass beads I got are actually a bit big. :horror If I can find smaller, I have no idea if I can even replace them. Ugh!

Also, got a gold leafing pen to spice up the Ra headpiece... half/half below left and finish right:

Rahalfgold10-23-10.jpg
Ragoldleafed10-23-10.jpg

Here's before - half - after:

Ragoldleafbeforeaftercomp-1.jpg

Straight BEFORE - AFTER:

Rabefore-afterGold.jpg

Last edited:
Got Marion's belt last night. Also got some smaller "beads" and a "coin" to make a better necklace for the headpiece. Ticky-tacky stuff, I know.

Spenser posted some oufit parts as well. Looking very good. This is gonna be a fun and very nice and accurate custom.

Shirt material is apparently a week away still, but coming.

Back