Custom MARION RAVENWOOD Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up an extra Sarah Connor body which I think would be perfect for a Well of Souls Marion. Particularly with so much of her back exposed in the dress. That's probably the most expensive choice, though. Is the Blade II Abagail Whistler body the same as the Sarah body? That one might be a little cheaper.

I'm planning to use a standard True Type Female for the bar version. Not quite as pricey.

I've never used a Triad body before. (Still pretty new at this bashing thing.) How do they stack up, quality-wise, compared to the True Types or the Pros?

Triad is probably in between Sideshow and Hot Toys, quality wise.

The Eva has a great range of body motion and articulation and is supposed to look quite well half nude. A lot of people are using that body for a Slave Leia custom. There's no rubber on the body though to hide joints. I think I prefer this body though because it runs about $30 or so and will look good in both outfits. HT females sometimes look slightly too big/thick in the waist/bust area because of the rubber covering on the body.

btw... would I be the only one interested in the white dress she has on from the boat scene to the opening of the ark? that one would be the most simple to get made custom and 100% accurate...

You can count me as interested in both outfits (bar and Well of Souls).

I think we need to decide on a body for Marion so all the outfit/accessories would work.

I think the two best options are Triad Eva or Hot Toys female. I think I might prefer Triad Eva since the bust is smaller and she's cheaper.
Any thoughts??

Where can I buy these bodies. I can't seem to be able to find them anywhere :(

Guys
I know that this is off topic, but my brother has spoken with Deniz at d-artstudios.com, who have made the Map Room Indy robes set and New Sallah robes set, about the possibility of developing a white dress for the Marion Well of the Souls figure. They can do it no problem.
Obviously no one wants to steal anyone's thunder, or step on any toes if they are working on a dress, but would you guys be interested?
Cheers
Greggo

i would be interested in a well of souls marion dress

I got the Eva body for Marion. It's difficult to recommend. It's really cheap, brittle plastic. The legs are loose enough too that if you lift the figure up the legs will flop together and you have to repose when you set her down -- this can get annoying fast when moving the figure for pictures. The height is about equal to female HT so that's a plus. The body shape is terrific also. But it is not a great figure by any means. Just be forewarned.

GOOD: shape, height, overall look. Interchangeable chest plates and multiple hands are a bonus.

BAD: cheap plastic, rickety, loose legs -- chest/torso tends to snap back into arched position. The hands are much harder plastic than HT and the feet are solid. Pegs are much smaller so not sure they'll work with HT hands -- feet absolutely will not.

OVERALL: if you can get this cheap, it may be worth it (I got Evo and Eva for $48 and still feel a bit ripped off). If this figure creeps past $30 then you might as well get a female HT and splurge for hands and feet.

I may go with a small-top Alpha, which means anything made for an EVA will fit just fine.

EVA needs hot glue-gun work to add friction on its torso joints; the spring in the torso is too tight and it springs into a crunched position, either potbellied or hunchbacked. Its "modular" legs fall off too. It's not quite as upsetting as having an Otaku crumble in your hands, but close. My choices would be a Triad Alpha, or a smaller TTL, but the small TTLs are a little curvaceous for Marion.

And the PARTS acquiring begins...

MarionBoots2.jpg

RAHeadpiece1.jpg
RAHeadpiece2.jpg
RAHeadpiece3.jpg

They got the amber eye correct -- and I got a gold leafing pen to really make this medallion POP!

:D

Last edited:
The medallion looks great, Wor-Gar! Brightens it up beautifully!

If you don't mind my asking ... which shoes are those? Are they smaller and more lady-sized than the usual 1/6th scale boot? Do they have pegs inside or will you be slipping them on Marion's feet?

Looks like you've gotten off to a great start!

I've got two heads ordered. Meanwhile, a Sarah Connor body and a True Type body are waiting to see how the whole costume thing pans out!

What a fun time to be an Indy fan! :hi5:

I haven't brightened up the medallion yet -- the darker shots were backlit to show the amber eyelet.

The shoes are Medicom Indy shoes... I figured because of the size difference they'd be smaller, and indeed they are. It's hard to find female work boots that aren't going to be huge and clunky. But here's one time where Medicom's pint-size is a benefit. The caramel brown color also works well for her.

I'll get back to everyone on the pants, belt and camisole.

The shirt and scarf will have to be custom made -- fortunately Spenser's on the shirt.

Those pants are pretty good but probably very baggy judging on the pics. Might take a little more work than just restitching the legs to fit a female.

But there's tons of brown pants on ebay. Many that would work. Hell, even a pair of Indy pants dyed brown would work.

The pants she wears have belt loops, pleated, side pockets and no pockets on the back side. They look like period style civilian men's pants.

Thanks for the tip on the boots Wor-Gar. I have them on the way now! First piece towards my custom 'Raven bar' Marion! :rock

They're nice boots. I've had a pair since the medicom Indy was released.( I had planned to replace the boots on SS Indy but as Greg mentioned they are a bit on the small side ) You'll have to warm the boots up to put them onto feet though . The vinyl is hard but once heated is very pliable.

Back