Cinemaquette's Indiana Jones 24-Inch Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture doesn't help Spartan. It makes the CM look better than the PF.

Then I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to whether anybody will be putting down 2000 macaroonies for it...
When I saw the PF I thought it was that spot on that I "had to have it", no matter what the price. And from what I have read here, everybody that ordered one also had the same feelings for it. They were impressed to the point that they had to have it. Even when the ES came out people just didnt care.
For some reason this CM just hasn't grabbed people in the same way, and I dont think its the price...

Indy didn't smile all the time. If I was cracking a whip I doubt I'd be smirking. I guess just because the CM is loosely based on the Raiders poster art people expect him to be smiling.

True, but if someone is buying an Indy statue I think most would prefer a more characteristic look. And the smirk is synonymous with Indy.

Its a small detail sure, but one that (to me) carries a lot of weight.

I wouldn't call either one perfect, but the fact that one is many times more expensive than the other means that it really has to work hard to prove its worth. From what I can see, they've managed to screw up not only the likeness but also several aspects of the costume.

Actually, I think it looks quite a bit like that first Medicom sculpt. I agree the piece should be working twice as hard due to the cost. The SSC PF is under $300.00, and blows their 2K piece out of the water. With real hair and all, that CM piece would be great at $500.00-$600.00. But for 2K, it need to be indistinguishable from a screen capture of Ford in Raiders. I did the math a while back, and I put together my entire LIFE SIZE Indy costume together for around $1000.00. Spend $200.00 on a mannequin, drop $400.00 on one of Howard's 1:1 busts and you could build a LIFE SIZE Indy for less than the CM.

Indy didn't smile all the time. If I was cracking a whip I doubt I'd be smirking. I guess just because the CM is loosely based on the Raiders poster art people expect him to be smiling.

Exactly. The smirk works fine with the PF because he's just standing there. In the films, when Indy fights (with or without the whip), he is serious and NEVER smirks. In fact, half the time, he is downright pissed. So it all comes down to personal opinion. I prefer the determined look. I don't want him smirking with the whip; it would look more like Harrison Ford praticing behind the scenes. :whip

Actually, I think it looks quite a bit like that first Medicom sculpt. I agree the piece should be working twice as hard due to the cost. The SSC PF is under $300.00, and blows their 2K piece out of the water. With real hair and all, that CM piece would be great at $500.00-$600.00. But for 2K, it need to be indistinguishable from a screen capture of Ford in Raiders. I did the math a while back, and I put together my entire LIFE SIZE Indy costume together for around $1000.00. Spend $200.00 on a mannequin, drop $400.00 on one of Howard's 1:1 busts and you could build a LIFE SIZE Indy for less than the CM.

Medicom? You have got to be kidding. By the way, if you can find ANY company that can put out a statue like the CM at $500-$600, please show it to me. It's easy to say, hard to produce. Let's wait and see when the PF comes out and then you can compare the relative prices vs the clothing, etc.

I hate to have to keep comparing the PF to the CM but that seems to be what a lot of people like to do. To say the PF 'blows it out of the water' is a bit of a reach. Especially since all we have are pics from Comicon. I saw it there and I like it, but I think the CM is much more impressive. I recently received both the Aragorn PF and the Asajj Ventress PF and to say the clothing was a disappointment is an understatement. The protoypes were great, especially the Aragorn, but the final versions just don't measure up.

To say the PF 'blows it out of the water' is a bit of a reach. Especially since all we have are pics from Comicon.

Actually, it's not.

And you must be one of those Statue Forum people who think that the CM actually has a better sculpt/likeness than the PF. :horror

Actually, it's not.

And you must be one of those Statue Forum people who think that the CM actually has a better sculpt/likeness than the PF. :horror

Actually it is.:rolleyes:

So I guess anyone who likes the CM more than the PF is 'one of those Statue Forum people' now? Haha, what an open minded person. Thank goodness, not everyone on this board has blinders on like you do. :monkey5

Anyone notice the packaging? Seems a bit better than the standard stuff we've seen Indy products in - gives me some hope that the SS 12" box might actually not suck. I might only have to send the heads away for a repaint and can keep the box in its production state (sorry, had to say it...I just really hate that paint job)

Man, for 2000 bucks, they really should have gotten the likeness better. if it wasn't for the costume, I will have a hard time telling it's harrison ford. The SS PF on the other hand got to be the best likeness of Ford I have seen so far.

I hate to have to keep comparing the PF to the CM but that seems to be what a lot of people like to do. To say the PF 'blows it out of the water' is a bit of a reach. Especially since all we have are pics from Comicon. I saw it there and I like it, but I think the CM is much more impressive. I recently received both the Aragorn PF and the Asajj Ventress PF and to say the clothing was a disappointment is an understatement. The protoypes were great, especially the Aragorn, but the final versions just don't measure up.

QFT. And it's so telling that many PF collectors jump on every chance they can get to hype their 300$ statue as equal or even better than the CM equivilent, yet the vast majority of them has yet to see a CM product live, let alone own one. There's a term for that and it's hearsay.

Sideshow focuses on likeness nowadays in order to cater to their customer base and it's probably the best they can do. The crowd will celebrate the next "homerun" based on a Prototype's facescupt and move on to the next announcement.

Comparing the costuming and tailoring on a PF to a CM is like telling your girlfriend that her new dress looks just like Galadriel after she went shopping at Pimkie. Even the CM's with their "premium" quality materials struggle hard to look authentic at this scale, how should a PF that shares synergy with 12" figures ever live up to that? It does work on some pieces where the original costume is made of basic materials/fabrics (Star Wars OT is a good example), but common sense would suggest that anything else (quality leather, silk etc.) is not going to translate into a PF in any kind of authentic manner.

The PF formfactor is great for their cost and the range of different characters they can cover, a lot of very tempting and original pieces available. But do yourself a favour and don't compare them to stuff that's entirely out of their league or, more precisely, has a different approach altogether.

It would appear as if you have not been to SF in a long time since the CM section there is dominated by an admin-backed forum troll with a gazillion of dupe accounts.

I own 3 Cinemaquettes and I'm happy with them. When I first saw the Indy CMQ I was very impressed. The likeness is definitely there although for some reason the likenesses just don't come through in pictures very well.

There do seem to be haters out there, not every company can be HT I guess. I'm debating getting Indy, but if I do, no way will I post pics or even mention it - I was eviscerated on statue forum for my Sparrow pics and in person that is a dead on Johnny Depp.

However I do think that the Indy PF has a better likeness. And the shirt buttons are more in scale.

I own 3 Cinemaquettes and I'm happy with them. When I first saw the Indy CMQ I was very impressed. The likeness is definitely there although for some reason the likenesses just don't come through in pictures very well.

There do seem to be haters out there, not every company can be HT I guess. I'm debating getting Indy, but if I do, no way will I post pics or even mention it - I was eviscerated on statue forum for my Sparrow pics and in person that is a dead on Johnny Depp.

However I do think that the Indy PF has a better likeness. And the shirt buttons are more in scale.

Haters are gonna hate Dave. CM's just don't photo well, I personally think it's something to do with the flash and the silicone and the blown up scale of the photos being taken. Like I said earlier, the likeness is there and it's crazy to say you can't see Ford in the sculpt. It's not perfect but people are comparing apples to oranges between the two. I'm holding off judgement on the PF until it's in hand, I think it's a great sculpt but lacking as well. Hopefully paint won't make it worse.

I was eviscerated on statue forum for my Sparrow pics and in person that is a dead on Johnny Depp.

Arguably the most complex CM piece to date and I agree about the sculpt/likeness. The factory paintjob on mine is solid, but could undoubtly be improved a little for some highlights like the proto. Costuming is museum ripe.

Im not a hater...but I just dont like the way they look. I dont think Jack looks anything like Depp...and I dont think that CM looks like Ford. If I say these things, does that make me a "HATERZ"? No, im just voicing my opinion. Can I do that?

Im not a hater...but I just dont like the way they look. I dont think Jack looks anything like Depp...and I dont think that CM looks like Ford. If I say these things, does that make me a "HATERZ"? No, im just voicing my opinion. Can I do that?

You really don't think this looks anything like Depp:
POTCCINAQ2.gif
johnny1.jpg

I think that constantly bashing a piece you're not buying is lame...I don't see Ford either I do see Indy, but I don't care since I'm not buying it. Seeing it "live" at ComicCon, I have to say it's pretty impressive! And the quality is amazing, same with Jack Sparrow, great pieces, if I had the money, I'd buy them...

Back