Cinemaquette's Indiana Jones 24-Inch Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little photoshop

CMChanged.jpg

All I did was make the cheeks more gaunt, put the moustache ends a little higher, painted his eyes black like Depp's, dragged his left eye so that its longer horizontally, applied the shades under the eyes and some overall shading. The side hair line should be closer to the face too.
Now to me, if was forking out $2000, I would want all those changes there...

Wow, I think that Jack looks pretty good! Indy, not so much. Very creepy actually...there is no way I could sleep with that thing in my house!

i really like the Jack and think it's a really close likeness but don't care enough about the character to pay that much. i would if the Indy looked better and I would for a Vader if they ever made one and it looked better than the SS Vader PF.

QFT. And it's so telling that many PF collectors jump on every chance they can get to hype their 300$ statue as equal or even better than the CM equivilent, yet the vast majority of them has yet to see a CM product live, let alone own one. There's a term for that and it's hearsay.

Sideshow focuses on likeness nowadays in order to cater to their customer base and it's probably the best they can do. The crowd will celebrate the next "homerun" based on a Prototype's facescupt and move on to the next announcement.

Comparing the costuming and tailoring on a PF to a CM is like telling your girlfriend that her new dress looks just like Galadriel after she went shopping at Pimkie. Even the CM's with their "premium" quality materials struggle hard to look authentic at this scale, how should a PF that shares synergy with 12" figures ever live up to that? It does work on some pieces where the original costume is made of basic materials/fabrics (Star Wars OT is a good example), but common sense would suggest that anything else (quality leather, silk etc.) is not going to translate into a PF in any kind of authentic manner.

The PF formfactor is great for their cost and the range of different characters they can cover, a lot of very tempting and original pieces available. But do yourself a favour and don't compare them to stuff that's entirely out of their league or, more precisely, has a different approach altogether.

It would appear as if you have not been to SF in a long time since the CM section there is dominated by an admin-backed forum troll with a gazillion of dupe accounts.

Well said. Bravo.

I own 3 Cinemaquettes and I'm happy with them. When I first saw the Indy CMQ I was very impressed. The likeness is definitely there although for some reason the likenesses just don't come through in pictures very well.

There do seem to be haters out there, not every company can be HT I guess. I'm debating getting Indy, but if I do, no way will I post pics or even mention it - I was eviscerated on statue forum for my Sparrow pics and in person that is a dead on Johnny Depp.

However I do think that the Indy PF has a better likeness. And the shirt buttons are more in scale.

I was there when you posted your Sparrow pics and I appreciated the time you took to post them. But they can be brutal there and it is no wonder that fans of the CM statues stay away. It's sad when the pics just draw out all the CM haters.

By the way, your Sparrow pics were great, and I loved the two close-up shots you took. Made me glad that I had pre-ordered it.:rock

lol
you guys... nobody "hates" CMs.
you're making it sound like people will take every opportunity to slate anything and everything CM. that's just not true.
maybe some people can't afford them but you're making it sound like because of that they are in a mission to slate them. that's just not true.
all we're saying is that the likeness doesn't look right and that these would look fantastic if it was right.
as for too much concentration on "likeness"... well these are film characters played by certain actors. it works great for Hulk to be based on a comic version but when it comes to Sparrow we only know him as Johnny Depp. otherwise it looks like a "figure" dressed like Sparrow.
that's all really... nobody is on the attack here, its just opinions.

Oh you have no idea. Unfortunately. :(
There's also people that hate other collectors for their ability to buy these statues.

C'mon man, I have a hard time believing that.
I agree most collectors know when they can't afford something, but there are many expensive pieces out there that still get a lot of praise.
At the moment I can't afford the PF Hulk, but I will tell you that I love it.
But it is true that the more expensive something gets, the more anal we are going to be about the details (and why not?).
Having said all that, I just don't think that people are not wowed by the Sparrow or Indy CMs because they cant afford them. I think it's more of an honest reaction to what they perceive to be "weak likeness".

I agree. Look at the reaction people get when they buy something like the life-sized terminator endoskeleton or any of the "grail" statues out there. It's almost universally positive, despite the fact that these are a lot more expensive. It's not that critics are jealous. They don't see what it is about the CM pieces that justifies the price tag.

Back