Cinemaquette's Indiana Jones 24-Inch Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really don't think this looks anything like Depp:
POTCCINAQ2.gif
johnny1.jpg

Nope. I cant see Depp at all in there. Sorry. But hey, whatever makes you happy! :D

You really don't think this looks anything like Depp:
POTCCINAQ2.gif
johnny1.jpg

I can see some Depp in there, and I'm willing to accept the possibility that CM pieces just don't photograph well. But the only basis I have for judging them is pictures, since don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to see one in person. Does it look dramatically different than that picture in person? Because as it is, the Hot Toys figure I got for $100 looks a lot more like Depp to me.

The face is a bit wide, but it is a decent likeness; just not worth the dough IMO.

no, there is something about it that kills the likeness. it may be the cheeks, Depp has high cheek bones but rather gaunt cheeks, the CM looks a little bit chubby, and Depp's eyes are black as far as i know, and there was more black make up under the eye.

no, there is something about it that kills the likeness. it may be the cheeks, Depp has high cheek bones but rather gaunt cheeks, the CM looks a little bit chubby, and Depp's eyes are black as far as i know, and there was more black make up under the eye.

I agree that the paint is off, but the facail structure is definitely there. Depp has a wide face, the only reason it looks slender from certain Pirates pics is because the hair that hangs on the side of his face. It hangs really close to the front of his face. Unless you've seen this in person you can't pic up on the subtleties of the sculpt because of the way the silicone photographs. Again, it's not perfect, but the facial strucuture is pretty accurate.

depmoh.jpg

The biggest thing that throws the likeness off to me is the skin. That silicon makes it look like he's made of candlewax. It looks very unnatural and doesn't seem to have the subtle nuances like wrinkles.

I know what you mean about Depp, I have seen pictures of him in "real life" situations and he is rather wide. But having said that, when he filming he loses a lot of weight, a lot of it, to the point that he looks slim on the face. All actors do that.
I guess I'd have to see this CM for real to make up my mind. From the pictures that I have seen of it I can see that there is a lot of craftsmanship involved, but I also think that people will usually dig deep into their pockets only if the likeness is dead on and gets the thumbs up by everybody, and this has certainly raised a few doubts.

For that kind of money, they should make the hands the same material as the face.

I think a simple fix would be to bring the hairline on the sides closer to the front, framing the face tighter, slimming down his face.....but I dunno, sculptures look different in person.

Have to say it is a better likeness than the Indy piece. I would put this at 85-90% and the Ford at 60%. Personal opinion of course. For the price, I'll stick with Enterbay and their smaller scale.

Back