Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movie is pretty clear to me.
All is spelled out for the audience, they even show it you.
You do have to think about it but nothing is left completely unexplained no?

All is spelled out for the audience, they even show it you.
You do have to think about it but nothing is left completely unexplained no?

Then why would Nolan himself say that he knows there are plot holes and things you will need to read Kip's book to understand? :lol

Congrats on your degree in Theoretical Physics I guess.

He also said there are things that are scientific but needed to have some Hollywood angle type alterations in order to make it work in a movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

saving humanity means no colored people, ----->nolan you sick bastard.

I really enjoyed this film and will likely see it again soon.

Did anyone else find that at times the music was a little loud and it was hard to hear some of the dialogue?

Spoiler Spoiler:

maybe that's why cooper ditched the station, and went for the planet alternative. space station, that thing is a temporary solution. overcrowding, another icepeircer in the making.

cooper's ship fuel in the end....wont be enough for a return trip either. that's saying something.

george-lucas-2.jpg

Nice lol

Then why would Nolan himself say that he knows there are plot holes and things you will need to read Kip's book to understand? :lol

He also said there are things that are scientific but needed to have some Hollywood angle type alterations in order to make it work in a movie.

Does it explain in the book why they built a wooden partitioned boardroom next to the engine of a rocket?
:lol

Does it explain in the book why they built a wooden partitioned boardroom next to the engine of a rocket?
:lol

If you looked closely, you could see and hear that it was not just a wooden partition but a very heavy and thick concrete door, it was pretty easy to see that as they were touring the bay and the doors closed behind them.

If you looked closely, you could see and hear that it was not just a wooden partition but a very heavy and thick concrete door, it was pretty easy to see that as they were touring the bay and the doors closed behind them.

They were sitting in silence talking next to an enormous construction site at the base of an enormous rocket. Ever visited a building site?
Ludicrous stuff, just so they could go.. Ta da! Look it's a rocket! :lol

Funny coz the answer I read was the exact opposite, Nolan says that people might not have enough scientific knowledge hence why they think it's plot holes. People being harsher with him because they weirdly hold his movies in a higher standard.
Kinda like how humbler he sounds, like hey guys I'm just doing blockbuster entertainment flicks, it's this fans that want to compare me to Kubrick and co.

To me the movie is clear, even if I had to look back to check some infos.
Like how old Brand would be when Coop would find her.
But all the main questions are answered within the film.

I'm not saying people are dumb or the film clear enough but I got the story completely (thanks to those Hollywood angle alterations probably).
Not that I loved it.

Last edited:
They were sitting in silence talking next to an enormous construction site at the base of an enormous rocket. Ever visited a building site?
Ludicrous stuff, just so they could go.. Ta da! Look it's a rocket! :lol

Exactly.
Seriously a little trip inside the base would have made more sense.
They rushed a lot of things but yet the film feel so slowwwwww and not much happening.

Cool ranger ship that can go Star Wars on planets with 130% gravity but need rockets to take off from earth...
Chris Chris Chris...

It was a (mostly) fun movie with some great scenes, some tedious parts and at times it completely defied logic, normal character driven logic. Not space time continuum logic.
Just character and narrative sense. :lol

As someone referenced earlier, a very long, very loud and quite impressive, pulpy episode of The Twilight Zone.

With Spielberg doing it you would have had a John Williams score rather than a Zimmer one. Would have been very different.

I really enjoyed this film and will likely see it again soon.

Did anyone else find that at times the music was a little loud and it was hard to hear some of the dialogue?

I didn't notice that at all in the theater I went to. In fact I couldn't even tell you where the music started or stopped in the movie.

The audience was the quietest I've ever been with during the whole movie. Our local theater is usually pretty noisy, people on their phones and what not too but I didn't notice any of that during the whole thing. Everybody seemed to be pretty much glued to the screen.

I may see this one more time before it leaves the theater.

Back