Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunned silence at the cinema I was in. I think one man had to nudged awake by his wife.

For the last time, stop following me.

Guess it was like this...

harry-clapping-for-lloyd-o.gif

:rotfl :lol

I've never understood people who clap at movies. ****ing morons, the lot of them. Do they think the screen is alive and subsists on clapping? Is the perpetually stoned projectionist even within earshot to accept the accolades for threading the film? Do they believe anyone else in the theater gives a wet fart how they felt about the movie?

I've never understood people who clap at movies. ****ing morons, the lot of them. Do they think the screen is alive and subsists on clapping? Is the perpetually stoned projectionist even within earshot to accept the accolades for threading the film? Do they believe anyone else in the theater gives a wet fart how they felt about the movie?

Your pessimism is exhausting. God forbid people come together for once and share their enthusiasm for something that clearly took them places.

I've been to a few movies where people clapped at the end. It's the same thing as yelling at an official or cheering after a good play while watching a game on tv and other similar things. An emotional reaction to something you're watching. Most everybody does it in one way or another so saying its a moronic thing to do is really an ignorant comment.

It's not really the same thing at all though.
Look, I comprehend the reason people do it. The phrase "I'll never understand...", and its variations, is typically not used in a literal sense, so it's not necessary to address it in that way. It's more often an expression of exasperation.
I just think the people who clap after a movie are, by and large, pretentious tools. :dunno

I've been to a few movies where people clapped at the end. It's the same thing as yelling at an official or cheering after a good play while watching a game on tv and other similar things. An emotional reaction to something you're watching. Most everybody does it in one way or another so saying its a moronic thing to do is really an ignorant comment.

So have I. What people find weird, is that is a common thing here in the USA.

It's not really the same thing at all though.
Look, I comprehend the reason people do it. The phrase "I'll never understand...", and its variations, is typically not used in a literal sense, so it's not necessary to address it in that way. It's more often an expression of exasperation.
I just think the people who clap after a movie are, by and large, pretentious tools. :dunno

I've never known anybody to attribute clapping at something they enjoyed to being a trait of a pretentious person before. It doesn't really fit the meaning of that word.

So have I. What people find weird, is that is a common thing here in the USA.

Maybe Americans just get more wrapped up in movies more than people from other cultures, I really don't know though. I have friends that will clap or whoop and holler at the end of a good movie. I think it's kinda fun when nearly an entire audience does it. :D

I don't mind it when people clap at the end of a movie, but I don't. I can understand someone thinking it's weird, since there is nobody there to receive the applause.

I've never known anybody to attribute clapping at something they enjoyed to being a trait of a pretentious person before. It doesn't really fit the meaning of that word.

But this is a thread for a Nolan film. Everything is regarded as pretentious.

You are applauding a screen with a movie projected on it by a teenager or ultra nerd who dreams of toys every night...whatever floats your boat

Back