Premium Format Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was hoping for mixed media. For me it makes the statue more unique....oh well just saved $500.00.

I just don't think that would be possible... all that white stitching, at 1/4 scale, would be a mess IMO... never mind it's longevity....

I just don't think that would be possible... all that white stitching, at 1/4 scale, would be a mess IMO... never mind it's longevity....

very true about longevity. I could easily see seams coming apart in time and collectors freaking out when there is a few loose threads.

Here's the thing, my Catwoman PF has the little white specs from the stretched materials. For reasons like that, I'm happy she is fully sculpted. I feel the same way about light ups, I have 6 Star Wars PF's that don't light up anymore yet some fans go crazy for a light up feature. I guess it just depends on your experience but I value a piece that keeps it quality for the long haul.

YUP!! Same here! I'm really glad they decided to go with fully sculpted for the Returns CW. My CW PF material isn't going to last much longer. She is babied and I keep her fully enclosed, so no dust. Temps in my statue room are always in the mid 70's. Still, this is happening in the stretched out parts. NVM the fact that the material already hides all of the nice details in the body...

I can understand how some folks would like mixed media, as the Supes PF is phenominal. You have to pick your battles and know when mixed media works and when it doesn't. I think SS has gathered a lot of info in the last few years of this format and are at least somewhat aware of it.

Depends on the material, would have been my call for mix media or FS. The material of CW would have been horrible for Pfeiffer. Now if it was like Supes or Bats, I'd be okay with that call. Though, it just wouldn't look good and give that leather look. I'm glad they are going with a FS piece. Hope we get her from later in the film; so we see some details like the acid burn and so on.

Talking about the stitching. I was thinking and would have gone for an much less and not screen accurate stitching job. As it would be pretty hard to do it just like as in the movie.
Anyway...I`ts not my job. I just pay. And I will get this regardless of f sculpted or not.

The shiny pleather type material I don't think would deteriorate like that. But regardless I'm glad they decided sculpt. That way you can get all the right wrinkles where they should be

I wonder if they'll use yet another Captain Morgan pose with this.

I wonder about that too because I just finished checking out Lex Luther and...

ll.JPG

My last PF's are Sinestro, Modern Day Batman, and Doctor Doom = Captain Morgan. Common Sideshow. Show some creativity.

I wonder about that too because I just finished checking out Lex Luther and...

View attachment 235509

My last PF's are Sinestro, Modern Day Batman, and Doctor Doom = Captain Morgan. Common Sideshow. Show some creativity.
Maybe you just don't order enough statues. Batgirl, catwoman, Thor, Hulk, Daredevil, and just this week Powergirl have all shipped without a "one leg up" pose. So a few inbetween shouldn't really be counted against them.

Just my initial reaction.. was hoping for mixed media, but you guys are right it would be a mess after a few years...my hope is it just comes out looking great!

YUP!! Same here! I'm really glad they decided to go with fully sculpted for the Returns CW. My CW PF material isn't going to last much longer. She is babied and I keep her fully enclosed, so no dust. Temps in my statue room are always in the mid 70's. Still, this is happening in the stretched out parts. NVM the fact that the material already hides all of the nice details in the body...

I can understand how some folks would like mixed media, as the Supes PF is phenominal. You have to pick your battles and know when mixed media works and when it doesn't. I think SS has gathered a lot of info in the last few years of this format and are at least somewhat aware of it.

Does anyone know what the white specs are and caused from?

Whats worse then the white specs is the holes that are appearing!

I'm just assuming the white is the underlay of the black material that is appearing due to contraction/expansion of the material due to stetching etc, but thats just my opinion.

That one would be daring

Michelle-Pfeiffer-Catwoman.jpg

But since they like the standing poses, maybe this one?

51%2BD4JuCAgL._SY355_.jpg

Or something showing her claw hands or holding a whip. Interchangeable BD sculpt with the hair coming out would be cool. :yess:

Back