Premium Format Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered the Tweeterhead statue. Now a Premium Format from Side Show? Gosh! What's taking Hot Toys so long then. It's definitely not a licensing issue then.

Tweeterhead (statue), NECA (1/4 figure), Mattel (5" figure), Mezco (mini figure) and Sideshow (1:4 statue) have all done or are doing Returns Catwoman merchandise. DeVito Penguin has been getting quite a bit of love too.

It's not that Hot Toys can't do it, there was an initial plan to. It's just that Hot Toys doesn't care enough with their Disney Marvel and Disney Star Wars figures. That's all they're about now since that is where the money is at.

Tweeterhead (statue), NECA (1/4 figure), Mattel (5" figure), Mezco (mini figure) and Sideshow (1:4 statue) have all done or are doing Returns Catwoman merchandise. DeVito Penguin has been getting quite a bit of love too.

It's not that Hot Toys can't do it, there was an initial plan to. It's just that Hot Toys doesn't care enough with their Disney Marvel and Disney Star Wars figures. That's all they're about now since that is where the money is at.

Hell NECA is even doing an 2" Scaler of her.... But yeah it's simple as that HT doesn't care unless it's a current movie or disney...

It's obvious that hot toys doesn't care the Bruce Wayne sculpt was clearly half assed it looks terrible. This catwoman is going to be awesome! I'm really pumped about a 1/4 version I canceled my tweeterhead one, I hope the suit is super glossy

Agree!! And I was just thinking about ordering the Tweeterhead statue. Really looking forward to this. Hope they nail this and not pull a "Christopher Reeve" blunder (which does not look good in my opinion).

A "Christopher Reeve" blunder! Jeeze don`t bring that in, way before anything. SS have taken a lesson after Reeves Supes! I hope....anyway don`t bring that in to Selina in "Batman Returns". Fully sculpted...NO! Mixed media...oh YES! It`s a premium!

A "Christopher Reeve" blunder! Jeeze don`t bring that in, way before anything. SS have taken a lesson after Reeves Supes! I hope....anyway don`t bring that in to Selina in "Batman Returns". Fully sculpted...NO! Mixed media...oh YES! It`s a premium!

:goodpost::rotfl

I'd love to see SS get really bold and go with a pose like this:

batman-returns-michelle-pfeiffer-as-catwoman.jpg

Canceling my waitlist order also. Now have to get Keaton pf. Do you think ssc will bother to make a returns batman next or just get Keaton batman at BBTS for 367.99?

Not sure if anyone else has responded yet, but the Sideshow Keaton PF is truly a definitive collectible when it comes to movie collectibles

I don't have any info to suggest a new one is in the works, but for me personally its not worth the gamble.

If they do come out with a new Batman Return piece, I don't see the same atmospheric feel that the original had ... its Batman in the BAT CAVE.. INCREDIBLE.

To hedge your bets, get the original Keaton PF and if they come out with a new one, you could always sell the first or settle with the HOT TOYS Keaton Returns 12" figure. I still haven't decided if Ill get the Returns Hot Toy. But now that Catwoman has been announced, I'm holding on to my Keaton PF for dear life.

when is neca catwoman due???

Not sure if anyone else has responded yet, but the Sideshow Keaton PF is truly a definitive collectible when it comes to movie collectibles

I don't have any info to suggest a new one is in the works, but for me personally its not worth the gamble.

If they do come out with a new Batman Return piece, I don't see the same atmospheric feel that the original had ... its Batman in the BAT CAVE.. INCREDIBLE.

To hedge your bets, get the original Keaton PF and if they come out with a new one, you could always sell the first or settle with the HOT TOYS Keaton Returns 12" figure. I still haven't decided if Ill get the Returns Hot Toy. But now that Catwoman has been announced, I'm holding on to my Keaton PF for dear life.

I still have not decided if I am getting the returns bats yet let alone the 2 pack. They really dropped the ball on the Keaton Wayne sculpt. Ssc really nailed the 89 Keaton bats for sure. Late to collecting pf, just glad BBTS has him discounted.

I was told that Pfeiffer herself needs to approve any piece by the Tweeterhead guys. No idea if that's true or not....

that's true with Sideshow and Hot Toys. I'm still waiting for Francis Ford Coppola Dracula figures, I was told by Sideshow that as per their agreements with the license holders, they would have to get the approval of say.. Gary Oldman in this instance, in order to get a statue of Dracula made or whatever.

Getting the licensing rights is much harder than approvals for likeness from actors. I'm sure most are stoked that people still show so much interest in their products.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for fully sculpted. The suits they made for the first Catwoman and Black Widow were nice, but I want the detail of a full sculpt. Especially since this suit would only really have her eyes and mouth/jaw visible. I feel like a fabric suit couldn't really give the detail I'd like, especially around the ears and in the white stitching.

Also, Igo said in the other forum - "And Joe Menna did the digital sculpt for this, this being his first full sculpt for us, he killed it, it's in paint right now."

Which makes it seem to me like it is probably going to be a full sculpt. :yess:

Exactly! So agree with what you said about CW and BW. They are nice, but fully sculpted would have given a more detailed statue.

I'm hoping it's true that this CW will be fully sculpted. Your reasoning is logical, but I won't celebrate yet until I know for sure.

Exactly! So agree with what you said about CW and BW. They are nice, but fully sculpted would have given a more detailed statue.

I'm hoping it's true that this CW will be fully sculpted. Your reasoning is logical, but I won't celebrate yet until I know for sure.

It probably won't be

Sorry. I hope I didn't jinx this :) (I just knocked on wood). I am a big fan of this character and want it to be perfect. Based on the Reeves Superman talk back, it seemed that a lot of people were excited for that statue as well and then SSC dropped the ball. To be fair, I think Sideshow has put out some nice statues recently (I bought Daredevil and Allied Captain America PFF's) so I hope they've gotten some of their things under control.

And this is also one, to show they can still do the mixed media statues. If Hot Toys didn`t do a 1/4 scale Vader, would SS just sculpted their PF Vader...? I reckon this would be in a pricey range, but if the great work clearly shows, then I am all over it.

If they do use fabric they're going to have to bring their A+ game and execute perfectly.

The stitching will need to be done at such a small scale to where it doesn't look off, and they'll need to perfect their catsuit material so it actually matches the high gloss sheen of the patent leather suit that was used in the movie. Their current catsuit material isn't really glossy enough to do it for me.

It seems like it'd solve every problem if they did it fully sculpted, leaving aside what Igo has already said. Easier production since it'd end up being like 90% gloss black paint, more detail, more accurate, etc.

Oh yes. It won`t be easy and cheap, but if it ends up fully sculpted i expect lower price than today`s standard. Bumping the 500 mark.

Back