Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018

Blunt would be good as well. I really think chastain would really do an awesome job with Danvers. For what I have read, she is interested in marvel and marvel is interested in her. She has good, natural looks. She has a really wide range of presentation (can be super serious, playful, and/or moderate). I'd be happy with emily blunt as well. But I like that chastain has expressed a lot of interest in a role, which would lead to better product in her character (she is a great actress too).
I don't know, there is just something of Chastain that I don't think that she could pull as Danvers. To be fair though I am pretty bias as I did not like Zero Dark Thirty, and that's my impression of her. I know she is in various other roles but her other films aren't a priority :lol

Yeah she is specifically asking for a recurring role, not civilian number 22; but I'd also be interested in seeing some of the other Ms. Marvels, I can see Chastain being Sharon Ventura, although that has a bigger presence in the Fantastic Four.

I'd also love if Sony and Fox can stop being *******s and give the rights to Marvel. I mean we are missing on Skrull invasion, House of M, the true Civil War, Dark Avengers and so much. I'd be interested in a Karla Sofen Ms. Marvel! :woo:
I think Blunt would look weird as a blond.

:lol

I think she can pull it off. I also think it depends on blonde though. Looper, she looked great, but it was starting to come off as a brunette.

Jessica Chastain or Emily Blunt. If they ever had any negotiations with either of them for any role... they'd be dumb to not to their damn hardest to lock one in as Ms Marvel.

Pretty sure they need Jennifer Lawrence for this role.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I guess Blunt would be fine but I picture her as a pretty vanilla choice. Chastain would be inspired and would set a new bar for superhero actresses acting-wise. I guess it all depends on the type of movie they decide to make though. If its some tongue in cheek deal where she's wearing a bathing suit and go go boots then it probably doesn't really matter who they get.

I guess Blunt would be fine but I picture her as a pretty vanilla choice. Chastain would be inspired and would set a new bar for superhero actresses acting-wise. I guess it all depends on the type of movie they decide to make though. If its some tongue in cheek deal where she's wearing a bathing suit and go go boots then it probably doesn't really matter who they get.

Pretty sure they need Jennifer Lawrence for this role.

:rotfl

Naturally I'd have the same reaction, but after watching Hunger Games Catching Fire, she actually did a phenomenal job. I also enjoyed her bits in American Hustle. I like Lawrence, but I don't think I'd want her as Danvers.
Jessica Chastain or Emily Blunt. If they ever had any negotiations with either of them for any role... they'd be dumb to not to their damn hardest to lock one in as Ms Marvel.
Blunt was offered Widow, but she passed due to scheduling and pregnancy. So apparently they offered her Ms. Marvel, but are still in the talks about it. Chastain has been in deep talks with Marvel for a while now, and she wants a role as a hero not a secondary character. So it's safe to assume we may see them in Marvel movies despite if they become Danvers or not.

Well I know Hathaway killed it as Selina. I know some people will disagree but I think she did fine. As for superhero females we'll have to see how Gal does in BvS.

Emily Blunt would be a fantastic choice for Ms. Marvel... she's my top pick.
OWnJNEs.gif

I love Jessica Chastain too so I wouldn't mind her either.

One consideration here may be age of the actress. Unfortunately, female actresses tend to have a much shorter shelf life than their male counterparts (look at Rene Zellwegger for a recent example of this). If they want to keep someone for 10 years or so, I wouldn't be shocked if they went after someone aged 18-22 ish.

Blunt and Chastain are both pretty far up in age as far as female actresses go.

Emily Blunt is only 31 and Jessica Chastain is 37.

Zoe Saldana is 36 now and has a couple more films she's obligated to do. (probably 2 more Guardians and i'm sure Avengers 3)

I think Sienna Miller would be a great choice and she's only 32. Blake Lively would be my ideal choice but I don't think she will get cast because of Scarlet Johansson.. :lol

That's my point. Zellweger is 45, but hasn't had real work in years. Faye Dunaway was relegated to mostly forgettable roles after she turned 40 or so. Etc. Marvel has a long term plan, and I wonder if they aren't factoring this in. I hope not, because I think Chastain would be excellent, but. . .

We'll all have probably forgotten about JLaw in about 5-6 years.

Zoe Saldana is 36 now and has a couple more films she's obligated to do. (probably 2 more Guardians and i'm sure Avengers 3)

I think Sienna Miller would be a great choice and she's only 32. Blake Lively would be my ideal choice but I don't think she will get cast because of Scarlet Johansson.. :lol

huh? :dunno

I could be mistaken, but I think The Town was her crowning achievement.

The sad part is she wasn't even important :lol

I remember now, Chastain was suppose to have Rebecca Hall's spot in IM3 as Maya Hansen. shame they killed her off quickly, I rather liked her character, sort of.

I agree if we are talking long term, I don't see Blunt or Chastain holding on to the role very long. I mean Ruffalo is 47 and he's also on borrowed time.

I can also see Marvel maybe trying to stick with Ms. Marvel just to appeal to a different audience. I mean how many years have we been asking for a solo female hero film? I can see them going off after Infinity War Part II, and we go a different route in the Marvel Verse. I mean they just started up the cosmic end with Guardians.

I'm not at all familiar with Ms Marvel outside Kamala.... Cause no one recommended **cough** me any books yet

But, has anyone considered Natalie Dormer yet? Seems to me she quite looks the part...

rs_634x1024-140118163044-634.natalie-dormer-shaved-head-011814.jpg

She's in game of thrones as Margaery Tyrell, and everybody in GoT is a top notch actor.

Back